Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bravest people ever?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
tsar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tsar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bravest people ever?
    Posted: 15-Jun-2006 at 20:05
1. Bulgarians = bravest
First of all the during the russo-turkish war 1877-78 we showed extreme bravery towards the turks.

Then in the 1st balkan war despite being out numbered with a majorly volunteer force assembled in the course of two weeks and badly equiped managed to defeat the turkish army almost single handedly.   

Then we stood our ground against the great powers during ww1 and 2 ..... at the eastern front in macedonia near doiran we repelled the british, but the french broke through our lines eventually.

We have shown bravery countless times through out the ages.

2. Russians

3. Germans

4. Japanese

5. Mongols

6. Americans

7. Aussies

Edited by tsar - 16-Jun-2006 at 12:38
tsar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Suspended

Quote tsar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2006 at 20:12
Originally posted by barish

Bulldog, I think you are a Turk in British disguise...

Prove me wrong please.

Of course he is.

Edited by tsar - 16-Jun-2006 at 12:40
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 00:58
Italians.

Their brilliant military campaigns should clearly show this
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 05:31
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Italians.

Their brilliant military campaigns should clearly show this

Which ones- The Condotierri? The Romans? Garibaldi? Or Mussolinis chaps?Wink
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 09:02
Originally posted by saiwan

Originally posted by xi_tujue

BTW Kurds are brave but when is the last time they had their own country  not for the past  2 o 3 millenia or am I wrong

We have not had a country in the meaning of today, but we have had many, many "dynasties", that ruled themselfs. The only thing they did when it comes to the Ottoman side, was to supply the sultan with warriors when needed. In iran side they payed taxes, and defended the borders from invaders.

To name a few dynasties: Ayyubids (salaheddine ayyub), Khorshidis, Ardalan, The house of Marwanids, The house of hasanwayhids, The ayyarids, and many many more.
ayyubids kurds cool didn't know that they were the ones who started the 'import of turks' (young slave boys)
Thnx man I allways thought the ayyubids were persian or arab
btw what do you think went wrong ?,
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 11:54
Dont ignore Omar,

the italians are the bravest in the last 100 years.
Bosniakum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Bosniakum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 19:41

Conquering, winning battles, and being outnumbered has more to do with effectivenss, luck (bad luck) etc.. then it has to do with courage, and it certainly does not tell if a nation or people are brave.  That can only be examined at an individual base.

"I krv svoju za Bosnu moju"
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 17:08
Originally posted by Leonidas

Dont ignore Omar,

the italians are the bravest in the last 100 years.

For fighting with the commanders and weapons they had then yes they probably are (exception for the Prince and his X-MAS).Smile
Evrenosgazi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Evrenosgazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 07:43
Turks are the bravest without any doubt

We are the founders of 16 great states, we ruled a lot of nation with sword. Because of this turks are the most hated nation in the world.Thumbs Up
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2006 at 06:09
EDIT; stupid double post....

Edited by Dampier - 21-Jun-2006 at 06:10
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2006 at 06:09
Most hated? Surely not? I dont know any Turk haters who arent Greek....

16 states! Phah! Look at the British Empire!Wink
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2006 at 09:13
there are few people who can top the numbers of empires that the Turks established but. Most of them didn't last long. That's no good whow many dynasties did we have and what defines a dynastie
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2006 at 11:44
Actuallly, just wondering but how does founding 16 states and being feared make you the bravest Evren?Wink
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2006 at 21:18
I'll cast my admittedly biased vote for the Aussies and Canadians, for Dieppe and Gallipolli. It takes big cojones to walk into certain and guaranteed death as a volunteer soldier - a much different thing than the bravery of a victor.
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2006 at 11:48
*ahem* BritsatGallipoliandDieppe *ahem*

Normal service will now be resumed....

Surely if you want to do them you miss all the rest of the brave volunteers from Empire and Blighty itself; the Indians, Ghurkas, Afghanis (at times!), Kiwis, Sprinboks etc...
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2006 at 14:50
Originally posted by R_AK47

Originally posted by Bulldog

The Brittish saved Europe and the world from the Nazi's and their world domination projects, the Enegma code Smile that puts us way out in the lead of bravery.

You are wrong Bulldog.  It was the United States of America that saved the world in WW2.

Actually it was Soviet Union
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 20:11
Originally posted by Giannis

No, my friend bravery isn't about great achievments or skills or arts or anything. For me bravery is the unique feeling of a human being to put himself in lethal danger, so others (family,friends,comrades etc) can live longer, better and safer.

I say Turks :) And it is not just me ..

Lets have a look at some military and political people's opinions, Shall we?

"While the Turks were for a long time fighting against the enemy and dying, the British and Americans were withdrawing. The Turks, who were out of ammunition, affixed their bayonets and attacked the enemy and there ensued a terrible hand to hand combat. The Turks succeeded in withdrawing by continuous combat and by carrying their injured comrades on their backs."
G.G. Martin - British Lieutenant General

"We owe the escape of thousands of United Nations troops out of a certain encirclement to the heroism of the Turkish soldiers. The Turkish soldiers have added a new and unforgettable page of honor to the customs and legends of heroism of the Turkish nation." 
Emanuel Shinwell - U.K. Minister of Defense

"The heroic soldiers of a heroic nation, you have saved the Eighth Army and the IX'th Army Crops from encirclement and the 2nd Division from destruction.
United Nations Army." 
General Walton H. Walker, Commander, Eighth Army

"The Turks are the hero of heroes. There is no impossibility for the Turkish Brigade." 

General Douglas MacArthur - United Nations Forces Commander in Chief

"I had heard of the fame of the Turkish soldiers before . The truth is I had not really believed what I had heard. But I now understand that in fact you are the best, and most trustworthy soldiers of the world" 

The commander in chief of the United Nations Forces, General Matthew B. Ridgway

"Courage, bravery and heroism are the greatest virtues which will sooner or later conquer. In this matter, I know no nation superior to the Turks." 

Rose - U.S. Senator

Cheers!

Edited by Farscape - 08-Jul-2006 at 20:20
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 20:19
Bravest people ever?Those who died in battles...
Prej heshtjes...!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 20:22
People die in battles.
The bravest you are, the better the changes you die first.

BTW, I do not like war. I like to imagine people solving their problems by listening each other.

Hope never dies..
Eric Blair View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Eric Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 20:29
The Scots, during the Middle Ages their biggest export were mercenaries. They were obviously all up for a proper (drunken) row. LOL

Let's not takes these generalisations too seriously though, just a bit of fun.

EDIT: How about I just say the working class etc. They are the ones that actually died, in most cases! LOL

Edited by Eric Blair - 08-Jul-2006 at 20:30
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>