Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where do you want to immigrate to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where do you want to immigrate to?
    Posted: 12-Oct-2008 at 17:28
Hello to you all

A century ago immigration was universally accepted and few countries ever thought of using quotas to stop it and actually many countries encouraged it to fill the vast virgin lands they had. Now immigration is a much more complex matter and although many people want to immigrate few ever pack their bags and do so.

So do you want to immigrate? why and where do you want to go to and why?

Al-Jassas
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2008 at 18:35

As a former immigrant, I don't want to migrate anymore. There is no place like home.

Edited by pinguin - 12-Oct-2008 at 18:35
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2008 at 22:04
Likewise I would not want to leave, especially with this financial crisis going on. But if I had to then I would likely pick Canada, I've always had a liking for the cold.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2008 at 22:42
I would immigrate to Lithuania, because living, food, fuel, housing is cheaper there. Also I would probably learn the language very fast.
Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2008 at 22:44
I would most likely go to the UK, Australia, or South Africa if I had to.    
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2008 at 23:00
Either New Zealand or Botswana methinks.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2008 at 23:27
go back to nyc hopefully soonish
I am a free donkey!
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2008 at 00:36
Originally posted by Al Jassas

A century ago immigration was universally accepted and few countries ever thought of using quotas to stop it and actually many countries encouraged it to fill the vast virgin lands they had. 

Immigration is freer now then it has ever been in the past. We are seeing mass migration on a global scale.

Nations like Britian, France and Germany used to restrict immigration to token numbers of people deemed to be culturally, linguistically and religously compatible. This has all changed dramatically. Even Greece now admits immigrants who are not of Greek descent.  Likewise, Immigration of people with vastly different cultures to the Gulf and other Middle Eastern countries was a totally alien concept until relatively recently.  

Australia had an unwritten "whites only" policy for decades and Imperial Russia managed to settle Siberia with out any immigrants at all (except a token number of Germans and Koreans). Mexico usually restricted immigration to only the educated with demonstratible wealth. I would not be surprised if Argentina had the same general policy.    

Edited by Cryptic - 13-Oct-2008 at 00:39
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2008 at 03:22
I want to immigrate to mario land =)
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2008 at 07:15
I don't think I would wanna migrate anywhere.

...on a side note those of you who wanna migrate to Australia do it soon cause it seems more and more are wanting migration here cut =/

More people want migration cut: study

06:17 AEST Mon Oct 13 2008
9 hours 54 minutes ago

The number of people who want Australia's migration intake cut is on the increase, a new university study says.

Since 2004, voters who would like a cut in migration have risen from 34 to 46 per cent, the Swinburne University of Technology research shows.

And NSW is where that opposition is most keenly felt, academic Katharine Betts has told Fairfax newspapers.

In 2006-07, a third of all new migrants chose to make NSW their home, making the effects of population change "more noticeable", she said.

"People are aware of the extra traffic on the road, and everyone knows someone that can't find a place to rent," she said.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2008 at 08:03
Middle Earth.Honestly, i would love to travel the world first, and then decide.

Edited by Spartakus - 13-Oct-2008 at 08:04
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2008 at 10:42
I would seriously look into moving to Mogadishu, Baghdad or Kabul.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2008 at 12:08
Seeing as I'm Norwegian there aren't that many places to choose from with a comparable standard of living. However, I prefer Denmark and The Netherlands to Norway because of their more liberal government, and the same goes for France to a lesser extent. Or maybe Switzerland, as the standard of living is much the same, if not higher, and I prefer living in mountains to living in flat areas. 

If I could choose freely though the choice would of course be Japan, as nearly everything I love is made there. Also European men seem to have the easiest time finding girlsfriends there; I have several friends who had trouble finding girls here who found one after a few weeks in Japan.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2008 at 11:46
Singapore? UAE? Turkey?
I'd jump at any job opportunities there.
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2008 at 17:17
Singapore

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2008 at 17:42
Earthsea with Kristin Kreuk.

Edited by Suren - 14-Oct-2008 at 17:49
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2008 at 18:06
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Singapore? UAE? Turkey?

Turkey? From a cultural point of view it's an interesting place to live, but the the average wages are a fraction of what you would've made in the richest countries and I could raise a number of complaints against its internal policies. I don't know if you've been to Turkey, but I've spent some time there myself and I wouldn't want to live there unless I was exceptionally rich.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2008 at 18:36
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Singapore? UAE? Turkey?

Turkey is good for visiting not living specially the western part of it. The eastern part is just like suburb of Pakistani small towns.

UAE would be a wise choice.
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2008 at 15:49

Hello to you all

Well, if I had the chance I would go to either Argentina or Chile particularly the latter one. based on stats the standard of living is quite similar between the countries and crime in provincial cities is not that high and both countries are friendly to muslims.

Al-Jassas
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2008 at 01:09
I changed my mind about singapore I would move to new zealand 

Edited by Count Belisarius - 16-Oct-2008 at 01:18

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>