Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I Am Starting A Political 3rd Party on my Campus!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Am Starting A Political 3rd Party on my Campus!
    Posted: 09-Oct-2008 at 18:33
Man I have never been so excited in my life than I am right now. This is absolutely wonderful!

Backstory on this: I was always thinking of starting a political group that distanced itself away from the Republicans and Democrats who have a monopoly on the political system and create a group that supports people who share different ideologies. When I went to a public area (the school cafe) that was hosting the vice-presidential debate on a wide screen projector I just happened to put my "RON PAUL" button just for kicks. After the debate was over, a kid from the audience approached me and said he noticed my Ron Paul button. He told me he was a senior and wanted to create a group but he could not because he was graduating soon and had almost no time to start one. He then asked if I was interested in using the resources and contacts that he had to use at my disposal to help create one. I immedatly jumped onto the idea and now here I am today.

I just had a meeting with one of his contacts and it is lucky that her group will help fund the organization I will create because the Student Government here does not fund organizations on its first year. This is the first time in my life that a responsibility like this has been bestowed upon me and I can tell you I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I want to do a good job, and really help get the word out that in U.S politics you will have more choices than the two parties you already face now. Wish me luck on my endeavors guys and I will keep you posted on my situations. Right now I just need to attract members! haha
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2008 at 18:53
are you hardcore libertarians or moderates?
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2008 at 19:07
Good for you Ponce, whatever you are.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2008 at 19:11
Our Ponce is growing up and is carrying responsibilities!Smile We, the people of your new party, are proud.

Ron Paul is a Republican/Libertarian. Is that what you want your new party to be? If not, get creative and come up with something original. Whatever brand of politics you choose your motto could be:  Tomatoes are Red, Violets are Blue; join Ponce's ________(color of choice) Party if you want a clue!
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2008 at 19:14
Great! I started a group in college as well. It is a lot of work, and it is a lot of fun. :)

Start a blog for your group and direct people to it. It is the quickest way of getting a web page and it cost the least amount of money.

Also, be ready to do everything. And don't get dishearten if people promise to do things and then don't. Expect that. Instead enjoy it when people actually come through.

Also, find some project that requires a lot of people to do. If you don't have something concrete to give to people, no one will participate. Even if all what you do is have a cards night, that is good enough.

Ah, and always, always, always bring food and drinks, and advertise that. That will bring people together. Food is the oil for the social machine

If you need any advice, not hesitate to ask me.
Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2008 at 05:51
Good luck Ponce. One thing that always strikes me whenever something new comes along is well managed advertising and good publicity. I've always thought that without it, a new project seems doomed to failure shortly after it's launch? Oh... and knowing and anticipating the make up of your target group?

Best of luck to you!
Panther
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2008 at 06:44
Originally posted by gcle2003

Good for you Ponce, whatever you are.

Might be good for Ponce, but will it be good for the rest of mankind, as well ?

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 10-Oct-2008 at 06:45

Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2008 at 19:55
The Ponce de Leon Searchers of Fountain of Youth Party. Good luck!
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
 Post Reply Post Reply