Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm back properly...and I hate Buerocracy!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm back properly...and I hate Buerocracy!
    Posted: 26-Sep-2008 at 13:50

Okay, as some of you know, I've been on leave for a whiel to complete an extended project for my school. It's a new qualification which just came in last year, it's by the exam board AQA and is called "extended project qualification". After going to the initial meeting, doing a godload of research and choosing my title, I was told that I would be allocated a supervisor. After 5 weeks, nothing happened, I then saw the co-ordiantor today and he didn't really know what was going on. Besides that I need to fill in around 14+ pages of administrative stuff before I can actually get down to work.

On consideration, I thought that I would give up this attempt and return to allempires.com to just write articles for my extra-curricular activities instead of trying these qualifications which are obviously organised in a sloppy manner and are overly buerocratic. Frankly, if I want to write an article about Athenian imperialism I can do it on here and go without the excessive amount of paperwork and buerocracy. Has anyone else experienced problems like this at high-school level? It's so dissapointing to think that this is what it takes to write one interesting paper at high-school level.

Good to be back!

/Aster

P.S. Expect to see a new article "Athenian political image in Euripides' "Medea"" coming soon!
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2008 at 17:14
High school, no.  (well, yes, but not as much as...)  College.  My blood pressure is rising just remembering it.

That aside, good to see you again Aster.Smile  I look forward to reading your article.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2008 at 06:07
Originally posted by Aster Thrax Eupator

Okay, as some of you know, I've been on leave for a whiel to complete an extended project for my school. It's a new qualification which just came in last year, it's by the exam board AQA and is called "extended project qualification". After going to the initial meeting, doing a godload of research and choosing my title, I was told that I would be allocated a supervisor. After 5 weeks, nothing happened, I then saw the co-ordiantor today and he didn't really know what was going on. Besides that I need to fill in around 14+ pages of administrative stuff before I can actually get down to work.

On consideration, I thought that I would give up this attempt and return to allempires.com to just write articles for my extra-curricular activities instead of trying these qualifications which are obviously organised in a sloppy manner and are overly buerocratic. Frankly, if I want to write an article about Athenian imperialism I can do it on here and go without the excessive amount of paperwork and buerocracy. Has anyone else experienced problems like this at high-school level? It's so dissapointing to think that this is what it takes to write one interesting paper at high-school level.

Good to be back!

/Aster

P.S. Expect to see a new article "Athenian political image in Euripides' "Medea"" coming soon!

Aster was this for University or College?

Btw I can't say I've expreniced anything like this exactly since the way things are done in American high school's are alot less in depth in terms of projects and what not then what would appear with the high schools of other nations, however in terms of disorganization and screw ups and such I've had for projects unreliable partners which have ended up costing me. Along with sometimes unreliable and unhelpful teachers during the course of some assignments.

Although Aster I wish you the best of luck in dealing with this mess and I hope you don't run into anymore in the future during the course of your studies. 

Edited by Kevin - 27-Sep-2008 at 06:11
 Post Reply Post Reply