Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OMG OMG!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OMG OMG!
    Posted: 15-Sep-2008 at 17:43
I just have a question with my new tattoo for the experts.
I have just got my second tattoo last weeks, it's been about 4 days now. It's started to get itchy and and scab's just about to flake and fall off, in fact, some of it has already fallen off. When the tat was revealed, to my horror, some parts are too light, and in fact, some small part have no ink at all.
I'm just wondering, have I not been taking care of it well? I did exactly what I was told, and what I did with my first tattoo-warm shower with soap, and cream, and I have not exposed it to really hot water or the sun for any extended period of time. My first tattoo I got last year turned out fine, but not this one.
Could it be the fault of the tattooist? Is it reasonable for me to go back and get him to fix it up for me? And if I do decide to go back to get him to fix it, will he be able to?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2008 at 21:31
I would forgo the tatooist and go straight to a Dermatologist.  You could have an infection of some kind going on.  I don't have a tatoo and I don't like the idea of them.  But my son got one shortly after joining the Army and from what your telling me he had a similar problem, due to a skin infection.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2008 at 21:58
If you are not an enlisted sailor or a French Foreign Legion paratrooper, why get a tattoo?

It is something I have difficulty understanding.  Especially for girls.  Confused

I have a friend who is a cosmetic surgeon, and he has seen an upsurge in women patients who want tattoos removed.  They are no longer wild 18 year olds, and the stigma of tattoos is damaging both social and career choices.

The "tramp stamp" is no longer so "kewl." 

King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2008 at 23:50
Lydia the Tattooed Lady

Some tatoos are cool on ladies.  It all depends on the tattoo and most of all the lady. 

I personally don't have any but I've been associated a few tatooed ladies.  The coolest one was one that this girl had on her shoulder.  It was one of those labyrinth like Celtic knot.  But it was oh so slightly lighter than her skin tone, sometimes you can only see it when the light hits from the right angle.  And then you get lost in the labyrinth.......   OMG, I miss that tattoo.....  
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2008 at 00:16
Ok...I need help with the problem I'm having with my tattoo...
   I need answers, not here to give them.
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2008 at 00:23
Originally posted by red clay

I would forgo the tatooist and go straight to a Dermatologist.  You could have an infection of some kind going on.  I don't have a tatoo and I don't like the idea of them.  But my son got one shortly after joining the Army and from what your telling me he had a similar problem, due to a skin infection.

No I don't think I have an infection, as the scabs are peeling off naturally and the itch is pretty normal, same as what I had with my previous one.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2008 at 16:38

....this may sound obvious seeing as you have had a previous tattoo, but did you pick any of the scabs off? if so, this may be the reason why some of the 'colour' has not appeared...also, if any scab has been accidently knocked off by chaffing clothes, moving while asleep etc, this may cause some loss of colour as the ink has not had time to 'settle' in the multiple layers of skin in order for them to become permanant...

....i am not an expert at all, but i have several tattoos and the 'scabbing' process was always a major piece of concern in advice given by the artists that did the work.....if this is the case, the artist shouls be able to 'patch' things up at a later date....hope this is of some help....

..regards....AoO...
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2008 at 22:34
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

If you are not an enlisted sailor or a French Foreign Legion paratrooper, why get a tattoo?

Most combat units, [spec. forces, delta, engineer sapper etc.] find it useful for ident. purposes.  Our son's is on the inside of his arm and has his serial no. incorporated into it just in case the unthinkable should happen. 

I still think it wouldn't be a bad idea to get it checked by a Doc.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2008 at 00:19

You are going to die Babyblue!

What is the officer problem?
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2008 at 00:42
Originally posted by Darius of Parsa

Oh shit....oh shit
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2008 at 02:52
Originally posted by Darius of Parsa

Tisk tisk. Nobody wants to read those kind of statements Darius
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2008 at 05:01
Originally posted by babyblue

I just have a question with my new tattoo for the experts. I have just got my second tattoo last weeks, it's been about 4 days now. It's started to get itchy and and scab's just about to flake and fall off, in fact, some of it has already fallen off. When the tat was revealed, to my horror, some parts are too light, and in fact, some small part have no ink at all. I'm just wondering, have I not been taking care of it well? I did exactly what I was told, and what I did with my first tattoo-warm shower with soap, and cream, and I have not exposed it to really hot water or the sun for any extended period of time. My first tattoo I got last year turned out fine, but not this one. Could it be the fault of the tattooist? Is it reasonable for me to go back and get him to fix it up for me? And if I do decide to go back to get him to fix it, will he be able to?
My Tattoo, encountered a similar problem (the itchiness is just what comes with scabs I have found). In terms of the lack of ink in certain parts that is the fault of the artist. I would go back and talk to him/her. The apparent lack of ink, where there is ink, might also have to do with how the ink is reacting with your skin. I know that certain ink colors don't look as bright/as good on certain skin colors. Keep in mind that the tattoo will fade slightly once it has scabbed and flaked. But, if I were you I would definitely go back to the artist and see what he/she has to say. If the itching persists beyond the scab I would see a doctor, but that doesn't seem to be your problem. The tattoo is acting the way tattoos act, the problem seems to be you are not happy with the work. If you are not happy with the work go back to the artist. Hope that helps.
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2008 at 21:30
Don't worry mate...it was the same to me as well...and my tattoo is fine....
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2008 at 00:44
Calgary Flames??? And now you have to live with that on your arm?! I feel bad for you.... Tongue

I'd follow Red Clays and just get it checked out, the experts would know.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2008 at 01:44
Leave it to hockey to bring out the best in S&D. I have to agree. Get that thing checked out  Canadian Guy. You and bluebaby should get a refund. 
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2008 at 19:14
I love it and it'll stay w/ me.... I am a devote fan. I haven't a care if others criticize me....I love my hockey team . Wink Money well spent Seko.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Berengina View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Berengina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2008 at 05:01
Originally posted by The Canadian Guy

Don't worry mate...it was the same to me as well...and my tattoo is fine....

Disgusting matey! You should be tryin' the maple leaf now, shouldn't you!

Post Reply Post Reply