Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Respecting women's rights in Gilan!

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: What is the reason?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Respecting women's rights in Gilan!
    Posted: 27-Aug-2008 at 07:11

I don't know we should call it "respecting women's rights" or just "tolerance toward women" in Gilan, especially in Rasht, the capital of this northern Iranian province, anyway other Iranian peoples don't consider it as a good thing!

http://parisagolchi.spaces.live.com/ : About 90% of Iranian jokes make fun of one racial minority within Iran or another. Turks are stupid, Esfehanis are stingy, Rashtis are without shame when it comes to their women, Ghazvinians are homosexuals.

It has been always a question for Iranains what its reason is!

http://67.192.94.187/main/blog/sashas-0 : The north of Iran is the last part of Iran that was coerced into Islamn (200 years after the Arab invasion). They say the jokes for the people of Rasht and call them begearat (spiritless) because the Rashties respect the women's right and equality between the two genders. That is somehow hard to understand for the rest of other Iranians who are more infected by Arabic and Turkish culture and still think women have no rights.

It is interesting to read it: Women in Iran

Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2008 at 16:05
Hello Cyrus

I am perplexed here, most Arab historians don't differentiate between Dailam and Gilan, most consider it one and the same yet when you read their accounts you can't help but notice that there is something wrong. Gilan was well known as being a center of scholarship and many great Sunni scholars came from Gilan but the Dailam were known to be staunch shia, so can you clarify this?

AL-Jassas
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2008 at 16:33
I find this offensive Cyrus

Turkish culture promotes no rights for women
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2008 at 20:48
Originally posted by Al Jassas

Hello Cyrus

I am perplexed here, most Arab historians don't differentiate between Dailam and Gilan, most consider it one and the same yet when you read their accounts you can't help but notice that there is something wrong. Gilan was well known as being a center of scholarship and many great Sunni scholars came from Gilan but the Dailam were known to be staunch shia, so can you clarify this?

AL-Jassas
Gilakis and Deylamites were certainly two different peoples, in fact it is said that Deylam was originally a region between Gilan and Tabarestan (Mazandaran) in the north of Iran.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2008 at 21:05
Originally posted by xi_tujue

I find this offensive Cyrus

Turkish culture promotes no rights for women
ignore it, it was just good to know how some people think about it, unfortunately some Iranians believe all bad things come from Arabs, Turks, Mongols and other invaders whenas berfore these invasions, we were almost the same as we are now.
 Post Reply Post Reply