Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Trial of Joseph Edward Duncan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: What should be his sentence
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [63.64%]
4 [36.36%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Trial of Joseph Edward Duncan
    Posted: 28-Aug-2008 at 21:11
Originally posted by eaglecap

We also cannot forget all the victiims of this extreme crime.

I couldn't agree more, which is precisely why I am against creating another one.

-Akolouthos
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 21:36
Originally posted by Akolouthos

I couldn't agree more, which is precisely why I am against creating another one.-Akolouthos

I do not see him as a victim and he must reap what he sowed but I respect you opinion and in most murders I do not support the death penalty. I know there are many people who have thought the same evil thoughts as Duncan but the only difference is he acted it out so I really do have compassion for him. We have all hated in our hearts but is such extremes we must act in an extreme matter. I am glad we do not execute people after the trail like in the old days. It gives them time to think it out.

I know people who do not believe because the death penalty is not in the New Testement -it is no longer valid. I do not agree with this
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2008 at 08:34
Personally I think life imprisonment and the death penalty are equivalent punishments. They provide the same level of deterrent and most people can't decide whether life imprisonment is  more humane or a greater punishment.

So, assuming the court has ruled correctly in his guilt. There is only one question:
Which one is cheaper?

In theory the death penalty should always be cheaper. However the way the states does it this may not be the case.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2008 at 23:23
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Personally I think life imprisonment and the death penalty are equivalent punishments. They provide the same level of deterrent and most people can't decide whether life imprisonment is  more humane or a greater punishment.So, assuming the court has ruled correctly in his guilt. There is only one question:Which one is cheaper?In theory the death penalty should always be cheaper. However the way the states does it this may not be the case.

I agree!! I do not know what form of execution they use in the state of Idaho; probaly lethal injection.

Some states hang people and Utah used the firing squad till the 1980's I think.

In his case he would not last long in prison unless the totally isolated him.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 13:52

Bluntly, what difference does it make to them?

The judicial system isn't there to exact revenge. 
Illirac View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Illirac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 15:39
Death sentence, but not with lethal injection, hanging him would do...
For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it.
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2008 at 18:43

Duncan has received a federal death sentence so he will be executed by lethal injection.

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2008 at 03:07
That's a damn lot better than the ending his victims met.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12