Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hearts of Iron 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hearts of Iron 3
    Posted: 25-Aug-2008 at 21:16
Originally posted by DSMyers1

I think I would disagree with you on that.  The major issue is the complexity required in the engine to model much of what happened historically; at this point, it simply isn't possible.  Paradox listens to the community extremely well; but some things are just so difficult.  If it is a matter of historical innacuracies in the history files or events, usually you can get a fix included in a later patch or at the very least included in a major mod released by the community.  (The AGCEEP for EUII, for example).

what i mean for example is that Nassau in the GC of victoria is in the wrogn province, and paradox has never fixed that nor bothered (though, the victoria expansion never got a patch anyways and never will i guess). I don't mean stuff like "this and that is not as it was historically", i mean obvious errors that exist as result of a bug/ommission. for example where is Aurengzeb in eu3??
DSMyers1 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DSMyers1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2008 at 00:46
Originally posted by Temujin

what i mean for example is that Nassau in the GC of victoria is in the wrogn province, and paradox has never fixed that nor bothered (though, the victoria expansion never got a patch anyways and never will i guess). I don't mean stuff like "this and that is not as it was historically", i mean obvious errors that exist as result of a bug/ommission. for example where is Aurengzeb in eu3??

Both are bugs.  I don't think anyone has reported the Nassau bug in Victoria; I guess no one cared enough to report it to them.  But cities are several times in the "wrong" province--the city is not in the province that bears the same name.  Oh, and Victoria:Revolutions did get a patch, 2.01.

The latter omission is quite surprising.  Astonishing, actually.  The dates were copied directly from EU2's monarch files, but someone (actually, those files were converted automatically, which is why the error is so weird) copied over Shah Jahan's death date as his start date instead of his actual start date.

1605.10.26 = {
    monarch = {
        name = "Jahângîr"
        dip = 6
        adm = 4
        mil = 6
    }
}

1657.9.1 = {
    monarch = {
        name = "Aurangzîb"
        dip = 7
        adm = 8
        mil = 8
    }
}

1657.9.2 = {
    monarch = {
        name = "Shâh Jehân"
        dip = 5
        adm = 7
        mil = 4
    }
}

I am very surprised that such a significant bug has not been logged.  I just went ahead and logged it; maybe it will make it into 3.1 since it is so easy to fix.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2008 at 20:09
Originally posted by DSMyers1

Both are bugs.  I don't think anyone has reported the Nassau bug in Victoria; I guess no one cared enough to report it to them.  But cities are several times in the "wrong" province--the city is not in the province that bears the same name.  Oh, and Victoria:Revolutions did get a patch, 2.01.

don't know if it has been reported, i didn't notice dit myself but read it on the forums actually. and it's only in the GC, not in the 1861 scenario. as for an official patch 2.01, i haven't seen one anywhere, i only have those inofficial hotfixes. VIP is not really my cup of tea because of some design choices, like adding new uncivilised countries that never had anythign like an organized state such as the Sioux. other than that it does of course have some good improvements. i have started to mess around with vicky after they announced hOi3 because there's no substitute on the horizon for quite some time. however i never really did much modding, and so far i haven't even found the file yet where you can change which province belongs to what region.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2008 at 17:39
I must say, that I am really anticipating HOI 3 now, because today I got and played HOI 2 doomsday for a while. Was actually surprised how deep is that game, especially on military issues. Can't really compare with EUIII, which to me seems to be kind of blank now. Of course whole gameplay in HOI is geared for WWII, but fighting wars is one of the most "fun" parts in paradox gaming. EUIII misses this point completely - not only the research is completely ridiculous (land tech values going up from 7 to 8 etc whole game - only adding morale which is illogical) but also the whole unit representation - you can only recruit one type of cavalry and one type of infantry each 1000 strong - artilery too 1000 !! strong. Such interesting wars like Napoleonic would surely benefit for separate game like HOI with all those researh and doctrine options instead EUIII setting.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2008 at 19:10
i completely agree. just yesterday me and a friend wanted to set up a new MP game as Ottomans - Timurids but it got soon annyoing and unplayable due to several massive shortcomings of EU3...the Hoi series as of now is still the best in the paradox lineup for the reasons you mentioned, only followed by victoria.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2008 at 20:53
Yeah, btw today the latest version of largest mod (Magna Mundi) for EUIII (IN) will be released. That will make it way more playable.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2008 at 16:38
Here are some alpha screenshots from HOI 3. Looks promising.
Click show button in the link.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3766785#post3766785
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2008 at 18:57
i already downloaded Magna Mundi but honestly i expected a little more. they added Hamburg (previously the province called Hamburg was more like Holstein) as well as Nuremberg and Frankfurt which is a good thing, but they haven't changed the inaccurate vanilla setup for the general Franconia area including Hessia and Franconia proper as well as the resulting changes involving Bavaria and Saxony. the general area of India as far as i can see is now even more inaccurate than in the vanilla version. only real and significant improvement was with Japan, which i'm not really interested in. oh and they also adopted the inaccurate placement of the Nogai Khanate and Central Asia in general, oh well i could go on for some time i guess.... :P
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2008 at 19:16
Yeah, well there is another fairly large mod coming out for EUIII - MEIOU - made by one cartographer - the map there contains way more provinces than vanilla or Magna Mundi and its more accurate - especially for Baltics :D. Also gameplay changes.

Edited by Roberts - 05-Oct-2008 at 19:17
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2008 at 19:26
sounds interesting... but they still need to change that you can only have one type of infantry/cavalry etc at the same time. i guess we have to live with the crappy techtree that doesn't do much
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12