Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your fantastical army

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your fantastical army
    Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 02:30
This thread was inspired by Darius of Persia's Your Army Topic and partly by some trolling done by Seko on that thread, and it's pupose is for you to create a fantastical army (your army can be form any era as long as said era is pre gunpowder, or the army doesn't have gunpowder weapons or anything or advanced) using all kind's of animals mythtical and real, extinct or living, examples include Megalodons, mammoths, Therpods, sauropods,  Griffons, what have you, and all the animals must be a viable threat in a battle. And you are allowed five and only sentient mythical beings provided they are from Earths mythology, examples include Trolls, (tall ones) Elves, (tall ones) giants, Dragons, etc, and no fairies whatsoever and they cannot be gods and they can not have magic powers (You may use Vampires, Zombies, and mummies, if you wish but you can only have twenty thousand each) and you are allowed two hundred golems. You are also allowed a great general from history or from fiction if you like, however the general can not have gunpowder weapons or any other weapon more advanced that that. You are allowed a brilliant scientist from any era fo earths history. You may have wizard, like say Gandalf, but said wizard is not powerful enough to wipe out the opposing army but he is powerful enough to be a viable battlefield threat. And your army must have a navy and air force and sige engines. And please take time to go into the details about your army's logistics, troop types, weapons, armor, tactics, training, strengths and weaknesses and how you will compensate for those, and talk about your medical staff and your repair men for when things get broken.            

Edited by Count Belisarius - 03-Nov-2008 at 22:50

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2008 at 22:47
Okay here is my army: five dragons (sentient), with plate barding as my air force. One thousand megalodons for my submarinesm, the megs have been made intelligent by my scientist, two thousand griffins and pteryodactyls to support my dragons, five thousand war mammoths, triceratops, elephants and tyranosaurs with chain mail barding and howdahs with ballistae that can fire either stone or bolts and a smaller repeating bolt thrower. Twenty thousand armored vampires with barded zombie horses and poisoned lances. Two hundred sixteen foot tall metal golems that have a cab in their chest where a knight commands them the golems are equiped with giant metal maces and claws. My force is commanded by Belisarius on a dragon or he can use a golem he has proofed plate armor and vampiric abilties although he him self is not a vampire the abilties were a gift from his vampire troops. My wizard is Elminster of shadowdale on a war tyranosaur. My scientist is a genitic engineer on a golem. I have two hundred thousand klibnaophoroi, one hundred thousand gothic knights, one hundred thousand hussars, one hundred thousand horse archers. Two hundred thousand pike and halberd men, two hundred thousand imperial roman legionaries of the principate, one hundred thousand dopplesoldners Two hundred thousand english longbowmen, two hundred thousand crossbowmen. One hundred thousand triremes with marines. One hundred thousand helepoli with trebuchets catapults, ballistae, and flame throwers. one million repairmen, clerks, scribes, accountants and supply procurers. Two million medics with the besy equipment money can bye. Two million intelligence operatives

Tactics: hit my enemy with everything I have using what troops work best for the terrain, and scenairio, I can take cities with my helepoli and golems

Weaknesses: What weaknesses?

Noncombatants: have the best most advanced most fool proof most durable equipment the best money can bye, and they are the best trained

Training: Everybody is of the highest rank in at least three martial arts (armed and unarmed) and are cross trained   

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2008 at 08:44
I don't know if that's realistic in this case.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2008 at 15:24
Moved to historical amusement.

Although if the spamming keeps up will close it.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2008 at 16:22
Originally posted by JanusRook

Moved to historical amusement.Although if the spamming keeps up will close it.

What do you mean spamming? Does your comment not take it off topic like it's doing now? Just take it as given that people know a topic will be closed if it breaks the rules, no?   

Friggin dictators

Anyways, my army would simply be made up of men, but in a sort of fantastical setting. Saying as men always win somehow I figure it's a safe bet.

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2008 at 18:49

So what are the details?

Voskhod View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Voskhod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 11:46
Speed, maneuverability, mobility - these are - have always been - the key to success in warfare. Even in a fantasised setting that should be no exception.

So, my army would be highly mobile. The main forces would be some kind of fast-moving cavalry crossbowmen or archers (including centaurs?). A wizard would accompany them to provide support fire, summon allies (eg swarms of bees harassing enemy supply lines) and help cloaks the troops for ambushes. Perhaps I'll add special cavalrymen units on armoured pegasus or griffins (so can fight on the ground and also in the air). Other mythical creatures have other uses. I'll keep a few Sirens (Greek mythology) around to lure the enemy into a place where they can be encircled and slaughter. Armoured Chupacabras (Latin America) makes nice shock troops. Hydras (Greek mythology) are also nice additions and also have good psychological value. Shapeshifting creatures are useful as spies. Siege units would include ballistas mounted on elephants and naphtha, among others (can't really think clearly right now).

The airforce would consist mainly of fire-breathing phoenixes and rocs. They primary jobs will be to secure our supply lines and help in sieges if needed. To rule the waves I'd recruit some krakens and leviathans as submarine units. I'll recreate Zheng He's treasure fleet, this time clad with iron with some ships with Greek Fire on board accompanying.

Since my forces would employ mainly cavalry tactics, it stands to reason I'll either Genghis Khan, Subutai or Khalid al-Walid to command my troops. Haven't thought of a scientist to bring along yet, but probably an expert in genetics or animal behaviour so he/she can tame all those wild creatures I wanted for my army.
"All the true heroes of history will be forgotten and all the villains will be remembered as heroes."
- Leo Tolstoy
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 15:27
I don't need details. Man gets beat up, man rallies his last energy and unquantifiable valour and wins. He'll find a way. So you lose.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 15:50
Dolphin don't do that... please  

Post Reply Post Reply