Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Radovan Karadzic arrested!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radovan Karadzic arrested!!!
    Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 11:41
Radovan Karadzic has been arrested on Friday!!!
"I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 12:30
Thumbs%20Up
very happy

Edited by Leonidas - 22-Jul-2008 at 12:30
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 12:38
Took long enough.
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 13:51
Radovan Karadzic:

Radovan Karadzic today:

As a psychologist, he had a brilliant disguise. He was called "Dragan Davor Dabic" and worked practicing alternative medicine in an ordination, as well as writing psycho-analitic articles for a minor magazine in New Belgrade. His skills presented him with an absolutely brilliant discuise.
"I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 13:59
Here is Radovan Karadzic today:

Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 14:02
Radovan Karadzic on his workplace, left:

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 15:23
Great news. One less psychopathic mass murderer to roam the streets.
Bankotsu View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Bankotsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 16:46

On the Arrest of Radovan Karadzic

http://en.rian.ru/analysis/

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 19:43
The picture does give some reason to see why he might have been hard to spot. I wouldn't have recognised him.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 20:16
If you had told me he was a Sikh, I would have believed you.

On the other hand he was living very openly, granted with a false id. Which makes me think that maybe at least some Serb authorities knew where he was, or generally where and what he was up too.

I mean he wrote articles for crying out loud and appeared on television.

Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 20:33
He never appeared on TV, and he published only one article. 

Where did you hear he got a fake ID?
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 20:45
Originally posted by Seko

Great news. One less psychopathic mass murderer to roam the streets.

From optimistic point of view you are right. From pessimistic -- its a drop in the sea. The major problem  I see is that some of those psychopats will judge him now.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 22:31
Either way he deserves that rather than to be free
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 23:00
More images published:

his personal website: http://www.dragandabic.com/
Carpathian Wolf View Drop Down
General
General

BANNED

Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2008 at 00:45
Makes me wonder why we bother with trials anymore when we can just listen to CNN and decide our lynchings that way.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2008 at 08:51
Originally posted by Yugoslav

He never appeared on TV, and he published only one article. 

Where did you hear he got a fake ID?

From his personal website. He has appeared on TV many times.

Originally posted by the horse's mouth

Dr. Dragan "David" Dabic was born some six decades ago in a small Serbian village of Kovaci, near Kraljevo. As a young boy he liked to explore nearby forests and mountains, spending a lot of time on Kopaonik mountain where he tended to pick the omnipresent, natural and potent medicinal herbs that grew at those green pastures. As a young man he moved to Belgrade, and then on to Moscow where he graduated with a Doctor of Medicine degree (spec. in Psychiatry) at the Moscow State University (Lomonosov). After Russia, Dr. Dabic travelled around India and Japan, after which he settled in China where he specialized in alternative medicine, with a special emphasis on the mind-body control, meditation, Yoga, spiritual cleansing, as well as Chinese herbs. In mid-1990s Dr. Dabic returned back to mother Serbia for good, and ever since then emerged as one of the most prominent experts in the field of alternative medicine, bioenergy, and macrobiotic diet in the whole of the Balkans, and is frequent contributor to the regional alternative health magazines, and guest expert with numerous TV appearances and on many public forums, seminars and symposiums (Belgrade, Novi Sad, Pancevo, Sombor, Smederevo, Kikinda...) dedicated to these issues and topics.

Dr. Dragan Dabic currently resides on Yury Gagarin street in New Belgrade, but for public forum invitations, television appearances or private consultations he can be reached directly at the following contact:

And I really liked these

Originally posted by the horse's mouth again

10 favorite ancient Chinese proverbs as selected personally by Dr. Dabic:

- Behind every able man, there are always other able men.

- Teacher opens the door, but you must enter by yourself.

- A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.

- He who cannot agree with his enemies is controlled by them.

- If your strength is small, don't carry heavy burdens. If your words are worthless, don't give advice.

- A diamond with a flaw is better than a common stone that is perfect.

- Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.

- If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.

- You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair.

- The one who gives up his own, should dig two graves.

Wish he had followed them.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2008 at 08:54
Originally posted by Carpathian Wolf

Makes me wonder why we bother with trials anymore when we can just listen to CNN and decide our lynchings that way.

He has been accused of crimes and indicted. But, I agree he must have the right to face his accusers and defend himself and he must be convicted only if the evidence points to guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2008 at 11:02
Radovan Karadzic is another case of a person who stands no chance for afair trial. The fact is that no jury or judge would dare to not condemn him if the available evidence(s) presents reasonable doubt. The man has been portrayed as a monster and there is no chance to change this picture. No matter how correct would be the trial the media will turn it into a revenge process. The man is guilty before being judged. Starting with Nuremburg all trials concerning "crimes against humanity" were nothing but propaganda performances.
Some may seek the satisfaction of seeing the "really bad guy" paying for his evil deeds. Some may think that sentencing a public extremist figure will quiet down the people and maybe will stop other individuals to turn into such leaders. The point is that things don't work that way. Saddam is dead and there's no peace in Iraq.
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2008 at 11:26
Originally posted by Cezar

Radovan Karadzic is another case of a person who stands no chance for afair trial. The fact is that no jury or judge would dare to not condemn him if the available evidence(s) presents reasonable doubt. The man has been portrayed as a monster and there is no chance to change this picture. No matter how correct would be the trial the media will turn it into a revenge process. The man is guilty before being judged. Starting with Nuremburg all trials concerning "crimes against humanity" were nothing but propaganda performances.
Some may seek the satisfaction of seeing the "really bad guy" paying for his evil deeds. Some may think that sentencing a public extremist figure will quiet down the people and maybe will stop other individuals to turn into such leaders. The point is that things don't work that way. Saddam is dead and there's no peace in Iraq.

Nah, you've got him mixed up with Ratko Mladic on that one.

Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2008 at 11:46
Originally posted by Yugoslav

Originally posted by Cezar

Nah, you've got him mixed up with Ratko Mladic on that one.

OK, he's an angel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>