Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who maintained the worst relationship with conquered people?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who maintained the worst relationship with conquered people?
    Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 03:55
i'm thinking of the mongols.
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
Idanthyrus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Idanthyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 21:25

Chi'n Dynasty. The Xiong Nu never really conquered all too much but rather were constantly raiding and pillaging the lands around them, however if they had not ill-treated subject peoples such as the Wusun as they had, then their downfall might not have been so sudden and violent. Likewise for the Avar with regards to the GokTurks. The Timurids are also an obvious one.

Han Dynasty China's foriegn relations were sometimes brilliant and sometimes dismal. The fact that they got caught into a continual cycle of conquering and reconquering lands to the north and to the west, paticularly Mongolia and Kashgaria, but forever failing to permanantly integrate these lands into China is interesting.

Just curious, why is this in the Central Asia forums?

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 22:46

Germany

Hi we just took over your country, now were going to move you all into happy fun time camp okay?

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 11:17
Im also thinking on the mongols or the Timurids who left no one alive in Sivas as they approached Ankara
Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 11:38

Originally posted by Gazi

Im also thinking on the mongols or the Timurids who left no one alive in Sivas as they approached Ankara

definetly the Timurids.

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 15:54
who were the timurids?
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 06:56
a turco mongol confederation brought about by the rise fo Timur Lenk from Samarkand.  Kind of an Islamicized steppe empire with a few city bases.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 17:31
Originally posted by Idanthyrus

Chi'n Dynasty. TheXiong Nu never really conqueredall toomuch but rather were constantly raiding and pillaging the lands around them, however if they had not ill-treated subject peoples such as the Wusun as they had, then their downfall might not have been so sudden and violent. Likewise for the Avar with regards to the GokTurks. The Timurids are also an obvious one.

Han Dynasty China's foriegn relations were sometimes brilliant and sometimes dismal. The fact that they got caught into a continual cycle of conquering and reconquering lands to the north and to the west, paticularly Mongolia and Kashgaria,but forever failing to permanantly integrate these lands into China is interesting.

Just curious, why is this in the Central Asia forums?

yeah i think this should be in either military or general history
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
Hardel View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Hardel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 05:58
Originally posted by coolstorm

i'm thinking of the mongols.

I don't think so. Basic Mongols(of Yuan empire)very different than Mongols of Golden Horde, Ilkhanate and Chagatai. Mongols of Yuan empire did not mix chinese and Korea. They were underrated chinese. Then Mongolians interdictored relationship between Mongols and chinese.So we not mixed.
 But Mongols of Golden Horde,Chagatai and Ilkhanate very mixed with Turk tribes and Iran,Tajik and Pushtuns. Because they were very few population among their citizenship people. So they changed Muslim and mixed.
 I think Manchu very quick mixed with chinese. Because their dream was only China.
Mongols were different than Manchus. We hate Chinese in alltimes.
 Post Reply Post Reply