Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Army
    Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 08:16
Originally posted by TheARRGH

Sounds fun...but it looks like you don't have a lot of siege-type soldiers here--cavalry and powerful infantry, but no sappers, engies, medics, etc. Preliminary raids would help you a lot, and if you can't achieve that crucial softening-up of the enemy beforehand, all they have to do is lock their gates and wait--and if the tribal warriors revolted...

600 AD most societies didn't have any or decent walls so it would just reduce the mobility of my army.

as I said in my previous post the local warriors don't fight in the main war but are used for raiding and ambushes.

ahh yes I forgot the medics well I 'll need some for the injured elite or main army because well the volunteers are expensible. just more prisinors of war
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2008 at 03:16
Originally posted by xi_tujue

"My Army"

Era: Middle Ages

Year: 700 AD

Climate: all arround

Come on. You cannot have an army that is immune to the elements. How would your men be clothed?  If you have a warm wool coat, you may not fight as well in hot climates, and if your naked you may freeze fighting in the highlands.

Edited by Darius of Parsa - 19-Aug-2008 at 03:18
What is the officer problem?
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2008 at 05:06

600 AD most societies didn't have any or decent walls so it would just reduce the mobility of my army.

...Um, Byzantium, Sassanid dynasty, and plenty more. Lots of small germanic or celtic cultures had (at the very least) hillforts, which while not exactly huge keeps, are definitely tricky to take with pure straight-combat infantry.

as I said in my previous post the local warriors don't fight in the main war but are used for raiding and ambushes.

...But they're still there, and they could be convinced to turn against you if all you're using to weld them to you is the promise of booty and the threat of your army.

ahh yes I forgot the medics well I 'll need some for the injured elite or main army because well the volunteers are expensible. just more prisinors of war

You have a valid point, but...no one is expendable. And any army that lets it's soldiers--any of them---get killed willy-nilly isn't an army I would imagine would last too long.
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2008 at 01:12
(not serious)
What would your army look like?
ans: blue armour nine foot tall with up side down white omegas and verous bightly coulored shoulder pad trims
How would you keep the moral of your troops at high levels?
faith in the primaich and the god emporer
How would you prevent rebellion?
blitz krege lanched form ships in orbit
What would your army wield in terms of weapons?
fully automatic 2 stage mass reactive depleted uranium giro jets
What would your army be composed of?
1000 super humans
100 of which are vetrens and traind in the use of tactical dreadnought armour, and 100 f which are scouts
What tactics would you use as a general?
what ever the codex ditates for the battle
Would you fight beside your army, if so what would you be wearing, what weapon would you be using, armour etc...
depends on the situation
How would the climate govern your army?
rain sleet snow, death would, vacume it is all covered in the codex
How would you treat a recently conquered town?
what town
Logistics?
lots of servitors

serously not shour yet properly napolilonic
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2008 at 03:42
Originally posted by sam034

(not serious)
What would your army look like?
ans: blue armour nine foot tall with up side down white omegas and verous bightly coulored shoulder pad trims
How would you keep the moral of your troops at high levels?
faith in the primaich and the god emporer
How would you prevent rebellion?
blitz krege lanched form ships in orbit
What would your army wield in terms of weapons?
fully automatic 2 stage mass reactive depleted uranium giro jets
What would your army be composed of?
1000 super humans
100 of which are vetrens and traind in the use of tactical dreadnought armour, and 100 f which are scouts
What tactics would you use as a general?
what ever the codex ditates for the battle
Would you fight beside your army, if so what would you be wearing, what weapon would you be using, armour etc...
depends on the situation
How would the climate govern your army?
rain sleet snow, death would, vacume it is all covered in the codex
How would you treat a recently conquered town?
what town
Logistics?
lots of servitors

serously not shour yet properly napolilonic

What would you serious army be composed of?
Goblin Monkey View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Goblin Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2008 at 14:54
Futristic Era.It would be about 50 5 giant robots and 50% aliens.
Is it just me or did your mom just wink at me?
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2008 at 02:17
"My Army" -Updated

Era
: Ancient

Year: 500 B.C

Climate: Subtropics

Army:

Vague Army Composition
:

15% Light Infantry
5% Heavy Infantry
40% Archers
30% Light Cavalry
10% Heavy Cavalry

Light Infantry:

10% Spear Infantry
5% Curved Swordsmen

Heavy Infantry:

3% Axe Infantry
2% Mace Infantry

Archers:

40% Recurve Bowmen

Light Cavalry:

12% Spear Calvary
10% Curved Sword Cavalry
5% Mace Cavalry
3% Chariots

Heavy Cavalry:

5% Mace Cavalry
2.9% Scythe Chariots
2.0% Spear Cavalry
0.1% War Elephants

Overview:

Light Infantry:

General Gear
: Recurve bow, 3-4 Javelins,

Spear Infantry
: My spear infantry would be armed with a six foot spear and a large wicker shield. The front line infantry would receive full body wicker shields to protect themselves from the initial missile exchange. When entering close combat, a smaller wicker shield would be used. The greater mobility will give an infantryman, or in this case the spearman a greater edge against more heavily armoured troops. The spearmen would be positioned at the center, with the axe infantry providing cover from flank attacks on the sides. The infantryman would be protected by scale armour protecting the arms, chest, and neck.

Curved Swordsmen: I would supply my curved sword infantry with extremely light and sharp swords swords. The fast succession of each swing would be hard to defend, even with a full body shield. The swordsman would be protected by scale armour protecting the arms, chest, and neck.

Heavy Infantry:

General Gear: Scale armour, Recurve bow

Axe Infantry: The axe would be crafted similarly to a Sagaris. If the axe was double-edged, no shield would be needed or wanted as it would interfere with the warrior's ability to fight. However, if the axe was single edged, my axemen would wield a small wicker or leather shield, depending on what was available. The axemen would be placed on the spearmen's flanks and also behind the spearmen. The axemen would "fill in" any breaches in the line.

Mace Infantry: As psychological weapon or a physical one, the mace is an awesome weapon. In my army the macemen are used to cut swaths in enemy formations and are used as a reserve. The macemen carry 3-4 javelins each.

Archers:

General Gear
: Recurve bow, cane arrows

Archers: The archers are one of the focal points of my army. The rain of arrows hitting the enemy causes them to charge in a hasty offensive. The missiles have the ability to totaly ruin the enemy's When the archer runs out of ammunition for his recurve bow, the archer can switch his bow for his spear or his sling, depending on what is needed at the time. If the front lines break and the infantry reserves are diminished, the archers can turn into light spearmen, without shields.

Light Cavalry:

General Gear:
Scale armour peytrals, 3-4 javelins, recurve bow

Spear Cavalry: My spear cavalry is used to take out routing enemy units. Because of the long lance, my spear cavalry can keep units such as swordsmen out of striking distance. My light cavalry is also used to take out heavier enemy cavalry units. Within my spear cavalry battalion I have a camel corp.

Curved Sword Cavalry
: My curved sword cavalry are the mass murdering robots of my army. The light armour and weapon of the unit makes it easy to dodge attacks and kill man after man with fast succession. The properties are similar to that of the curved sword infantry.

Mace cavalry: The light mace cavalry wield longer maces than the mace infantry troops. The light mace cavalry has versatility. It can be used in normal light cavalry activities and has the capability as "acting" as heavy cavalry.

Chariots: Light nimble chariots used to pepper the enemy with arrows or as a "taxi cab", transporting troops to the vulnerable spots of the infantry line.

Heavy Cavalry:

General Gear
: 3-4 javelins, full horse barding, scale armour, recurve bow

Mace Cavalry: The mace cavalry wield a long mace and a large shield. Guarding the flank of my army is my heavy mace cavalry. Once the two infantry lines engage the cavalry race around and encircle the enemy. With no means on escape besides death or route for the enemy, victory is mine.

Scythe Chariots
: Mobile meat cleavers glued to the wheels on a speedy chariot. Used to cut swaths in the enemy formations from the sides. Enemy moral will sure plummet as soon as they see the chariots. The chariot's riders include a rider and a shield bearer.

Spear Cavalry: Armed with spears with a full set of armour barding.

War Elephants
: Wild elephants from the tropics are put unto the battlefield. The elephants have a thick metal amour plate, with only the eyes and underbelly exposed.  A wooden tower sits upon every elephant's back. Heavy armoured archers and long pike men are placed inside. The elephants could serve as a look out to survey the battlefield.

Tactics and Dispositions:

My light infantry would make up the main infantry line. The heavy infantry would take up arms on the light infantry's flanks. A portion of the light cavalry would be behind the infantry battle line. In case of the line breaking, the cavalry could rush forward and fill the gap. On the flanks would be the rest of the light cavalry and heavy cavalry. The chariots and elephants would also be on the outer flanks of my army.

My army would be ordered to not engage in heavy hand-to-hand combat if possible. My composite archers would shower the enemy with arrows. All my combatants are armed with javelins and/or bows, the idea being that I kill as many of the enemy's men as possible before engaging their line.  If I had 20,000 men, thats 20,000 arrows on one volley. If each archer has 60 arrows, 1,200,000 arrows could be hurling at the enemy over a period of four to six minutes. This would not only cause havoc among enemy ranks, but total decimation. Whoever was left after the rain of arrows would be wounded and/or their moral would be desecrated. When the enemy came within 100 yards, my army could fire their javelins (minimum of 3 javelins each). That is 60,000 javelins, if every man threw his share. 1,200,000 arrows and 60,000 javelins would due great damage to the enemy - before he ever got to swing his melee weapon. To counter more heavily armoured troops, I would use the opposite - light troops. Maneuverability and speed are of great importance to my army. My cavalry would do hit and run tactics, to minimize their exposure to attack, and minimize the enemy's ability to counter. My army would try to stay out of full scale engagements, but rather rely on skirmishes around the battlefield. I would also have my army practice skills such as the feigned retreat.

I would use unconventional warfare tactics, cavalry raids on enemy farms, burning of important enemy granaries and store houses, and the destruction of the enemy enconomy by any means necessary. I would also stay away from confrontation or battles with the enemy if I could. Before going into battle I would send diplomats to talk the enemy into submission, if that did not work, I would force them.

If I discovered that a soldier under my command was giving information to the enemy, I would lock him up in prison.  The prison would be something like a tent surrounded by palisade walls.  If my army was on the move, I would lock him up in a wagon.   Depending on the crime, death would always be a consequence.

Edited by Darius of Parsa - 16-Dec-2008 at 04:32
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2008 at 03:48
Originally posted by Darius of Parsa

"My Army" -Updated

Mobile Wooden Towers: In my army I would have as many as 20 large mobile wooden towers, similar to a siege tower. Archers would be stationed on top. Along with the archers would be scouts viewing the battlefield. The scouts would report to an officer or general and the situation would be dealt with.

You got that from my listShocked admit itLOL Not that I mind or anything I like Helepoli (Thats the name BTW.

BTW How are the towers propelled? 

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2008 at 04:31
Rather not give out my sources. I think I have a change of heart and take them out. They might slow my army down.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2008 at 04:57
Not if you use really large animals inside the towers that are harnessed to a giant gear and you carry the animals supplys and caretakers inside the tower  

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2008 at 05:07
BTW you might want to increase your heavy cavalry strength

Are we allowed to enter different armies?

Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2008 at 14:46
My army is built around speed and mobility. Therefore I have chosen light troops as the focal point of my army. Yeah. Go for it. I would love to see more. 
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2008 at 21:58
Okay I will do another army soon

Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2008 at 23:33
Originally posted by Count Belisarius

Not if you use really large animals inside the towers that are harnessed to a giant gear and you carry the animals supplys and caretakers inside the tower  

There are also repairs and upkeep that would slow an army down.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2008 at 23:38
Carry the tools and repairmen is the towers as well

Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2008 at 03:03
Congrats on that 1000th post above.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2008 at 03:40
My 1,000th post!? alright cool!!!! SmileClapClapClapBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileStarStarStarStarStarStar 

All hail me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bowing

copaloca View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote copaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 09:17

Yea i hail you.Thumbs Up

My army would be mostly smaller special strike force composed 95% of cavalry. We would have chains, badass helmets with 0.5m spike on top to accidentally kill some bishops after returning from the crusades (Tongue) and we would have AC/DC, Metallica, itd. T-shirts for frightening effect and our battle cry would be Enter Sandman. HUSH LITTLE BABY!LOL

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 15:28
I take you are on RAT?

copaloca View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote copaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 16:43

excuse me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>