Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will China ever acquire/purchase Siberia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
ianhughes View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ianhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will China ever acquire/purchase Siberia?
    Posted: 07-Aug-2005 at 08:41
Originally posted by Ardashir

The chienes cann't annex the Russian Siberia.Actually they are so un-developed in military industry that they once even kissed the Israel's ass for get some weapons.

Now,it is only the Russians that provide the Chinese military needs.Do you guys think that the Russian are so stupid that they don't know whom they are equiping with their own weapon?!

Firstly the only people who want to annex Siberia from a Chinese POV is ironically nationalistic overseas Chinese, Deng and Mao (latter two are well and truly dead). Today's CCP is much more concentrated on economics and if anything they'd want to use techniques other than full on war to acquire back this swathe of land in their wildest dreams.

Putin and CCP general secretary Hu Jintao recently signed a treaty that recognised the current borders of Russia and China, that is to say that all border disputes have been resolved now and 99.9% of all the current map borders in any good book is what they have agreed upon. Even puny islands are now resolved with the Russians getting most of it and even 70% of the Amur/Heilongjiang river's waterway.

To remind you all, the Russians got this land from the Manchus in the mid 1800s when the Qings were virtually on their knees. Had the Qings not allowed Han immigration into what is now Dongbei today (Chinese Manchuria) then it could have easily fallen into Soviet hands as well.

Lastly whilst China is militarily weak, the Krelin and Putin have very few incentives to make immigration policies more rigid for the Chinese. The Russian Far East is piss poor and too far away from European Russia for the government to do anything about it and generally relies upon trading with East Asians to keep afloat, if not for them Russians would have evacuated this area ages and become Chinese/Korean or Japanese land by default.

The current problem now is that whilst the Chinese side is getting rich the Russian side remains poor, suffer from pollution flowing over from China and having their natural resources stripped by greedy Chinese, Japanese, Korean, American and the Russian mafia.

Lastly I doubt China currently focusing on economics would want to get back the Russian far east atm legitimately or not. Please do note that they claim these lands were surrendered by the Qing's unfairly (claims treaties did not state handing over the swathe of land as such). Also, do note that AFTER the Qing dynasty Chinese equates to any nationalities who lived within that empire's border, this Chinese DOES NOT MEAN just Han Chinese.  

Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2005 at 08:35

I think this is a very good topic.

My view is that if the current scenario {China going on uphill n Russia going downhill} continues then in the next 2 to 3 decades China would be able to pursue Russia to sell Siberia {wholly or partially}.

Jai Badri Vishal
Chinghiz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Chinghiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 07:22
Originally posted by phoenix_bladen

Originally posted by battleaxe

Originally posted by coolstorm

The Russians gave up Alaska, and the French gave up Louisina, which would give them direct access to North America. Anything can happen.

China wants Sibera back because of its access to the sea of Japan.

The Russians might sell it because of the loss of control of Seberia especially its population which is increasingly dominated by the Chinese.

What the hell do you mean, China wants Siberia "back"? When was Siberia ever ruled by the Chinese?

Like i said before coolstorm has a lack of knowledge and tends to make up history....

China never ruled  Siberia, if you mean parts of the Russian Far east then yes China had influence over it and claimed it for themselves.  However that was lost by 1850 and 1860's to 2 treaties the treaty of aigun and the treaty of peking.

No, you are wrong. That was not truly China which lost that! It was Qing State that was ruling the Chinese and China. You have to be accurate! So, Qing State lost part of what is claimed to be Chinese territory, but Chinese were in fact under Qing Manchu rule. 

Veritas lux mea
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 14:26

It all depends on how you define the term Chinese?

Does it mean purely Han ethnic or does it convey a more multiethnic meaning like Brazilian and American.

AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Chinghiz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Chinghiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2005 at 06:05
Originally posted by poirot

Does it mean purely Han ethnic or does it convey a more multiethnic meaning like Brazilian and American.

Are you gonna play "politics" with me? I will show the next time what is politics and what is a "definition".

Read "Sun Wen (do you know who this cheap guy is?)" and Annals of Ming State. Before then don't talk about definition! 

Veritas lux mea
jiangweibaoye View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote jiangweibaoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2005 at 11:59
Originally posted by Chinghiz

Chinghiz,

Please elaborate your position.

Are you gonna play "politics" with me? I will show the next time what is politics and what is a "definition".

Read "Sun Wen (do you know who this cheap guy is?)" and Annals of Ming State. Before then don't talk about definition! 

Consul
Consul

Quote jiangweibaoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2005 at 12:02

Chinghiz,

Please elaborate

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2005 at 12:13
Having trouble with the forum code/interface?
Arrrgh!!"
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2005 at 03:49

Chinghiz, I am usually a very very calm and friendly person, but you have crossed the line.  (Sidenote to the mods: Chinghiz started this!)  I simply propose a thought for everyone to chew on, and you stab me with some hideous comment and insult me with condescending remarks. 

Why do you keep referring to Chinese texts when you clearing show no understanding of Chinese history?  As a student of history and a reader of historical texts, I feel extremely insulted by your dogmatic and insensitive remarks.  

I advise that you cut off the flaming adjectives and provide more substance to your discussion.   Please avoid throwing the names of historical texts to insult other forumers, without actual knowledge that those forumers may have familiarity with them.

Edited by poirot
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2005 at 08:44
Every one please power down.  Let's get the topic back on track.
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2005 at 10:45
China will buy Mongolia first... then Siberia and after this Chine will give Dalai Lama his Tibet back 

Edited by vulkan02
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Consul
Consul

Quote jiangweibaoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2005 at 11:14

Originally posted by vulkan02

China will buy Mongolia first... then Siberia and after this Chine will give Dalai Lama his Tibet back 

I think the Siberian Pacific area is more important to China than Mongolia.  Yeah, Mongolia is a bigger place, but it offers nothing in natural resources.  It may be a buffer from Russia, but until Russia and China relationship worsen, Mongolia is quite insignificant.

Dalsung Hwarang View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Dalsung Hwarang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 20:12
Anyways if China buys Siberia or Mongolia there's gonna be some huge economic downfall...
"He who seeks death shall live, and he who seeks life shall die." --Admiral Yi.
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 20:19
Originally posted by jiangweibaoye

I think the Siberian Pacific area is more important to China than Mongolia.  Yeah, Mongolia is a bigger place, but it offers nothing in natural resources.  It may be a buffer from Russia, but until Russia and China relationship worsen, Mongolia is quite insignificant.

Isn't Mongolia a big coal area?

If anything I would think that Sakhalin would be the most valuable in that region.

Timber + Oil
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 21:15
China really needs more coal?  Its by far #1 in coal mining nation in the world, it doesn't need more coal.  Plus coal is no longer a feasible natural resource due to pollution.
Consul
Consul

Quote jiangweibaoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 10:16
Originally posted by Gubook Janggoon

Originally posted by jiangweibaoye

Isn't Mongolia a big coal area?

If anything I would think that Sakhalin would be the most valuable in that region.

Timber + Oil

Gubook,

True, but China is trying to get away from Coal.  Serious enviornmental impact when using coal.  The Siberian Pacific Area gives anybody access to the Pacific.  Hence, I feel that it is more important to China than Mongolia.  However, I been wrong many times.

Jiangwei

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 10:29
The best way to get access to open waters in the Pacific Ocean (and not to the Sea of Japan) for China is to annex Taiwan. I think that Taiwan is by far the most important asset that China could incorporate, with the advantage that it is recognized as part of China by all other nations so it's technically an internal affair and not any imperialist agression.

I also don't think that Russia is likely to abandon Siberia easily. Much more likely would be some kind of Russia-China trade agreement, though in the long run, who knows?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Consul
Consul

Quote jiangweibaoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 10:42

Originally posted by Maju

The best way to get access to open waters in the Pacific Ocean (and not to the Sea of Japan) for China is to annex Taiwan. I think that Taiwan is by far the most important asset that China could incorporate, with the advantage that it is recognized as part of China by all other nations so it's technically an internal affair and not any imperialist agression.

I also don't think that Russia is likely to abandon Siberia easily. Much more likely would be some kind of Russia-China trade agreement, though in the long run, who knows?

Agree.  I was just comparing between Siberia Pacific region (what is the name of that region?  I forgot) & Mongolia.  Taiwan is far more important, even though it is the smallest.

Russia will never abandon Siberia easily.  However, I was pretty shocked how the former Soviet Union just broke up like that. 

This should be in another forum, but the Russian economy is being held up by high oil prices.  Exclude that, you got yourself a real big financial mess with the mafia running basically everything.

jiangwei

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 13:16
I fully agree in your comments on Russia, yet, I don't think that another partition of that country is likely. Russia may have been displaced to a secondary role, specially because its own internal weaknesses, but won't give away such a rich and strategic part of its territory. The war of Chechnya is there to prove it. Besides Siberia is still majoritarily Russian ethnically.

The Russian Far East is called Russian Far East.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345