Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will China ever acquire/purchase Siberia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will China ever acquire/purchase Siberia?
    Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 03:52
any ideas?
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 04:51
Why would China want to do that in the first place?  Besides, for the Russians, as hard as it is to sustain Siberia, the act that having a coast line in the Pavific grants them power in the Pacific.  Even though it is a fading world power, it is still too much to give up.
Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 08:56

The Russians gave up Alaska, and the French gave up Louisina, which would give them direct access to North America. Anything can happen.

China wants Sibera back because of its access to the sea of Japan.

The Russians might sell it because of the loss of control of Seberia especially its population which is increasingly dominated by the Chinese.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 18:47
if Russia continues to deteriorate they way very well sell.  If theres a resurgence they wil not.  But right now it sure doesnt look like there will be a resugence.  I would expect a large amount of money would be asked from such land however.  Certainly not all of Siberia would be sold nor would Russia give up all Pacific sea acess...I have a feeling if any territory exchanges hands it will be limited to the Amur valley and the area around Vladivostok.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
phoenix_bladen View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote phoenix_bladen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2005 at 00:47
Originally posted by coolstorm

The Russians gave up Alaska, and the French gave up Louisina, which would give them direct access to North America. Anything can happen.

The Russians might sell it because of the loss of control of Seberia especially its population which is increasingly dominated by the Chinese.

Russia won't even give back 2 small islands to Japan what makes you think they'd sell or give away Siberia? 

I have no clue what the current status between the Russians or Japanese are but it seems to be improving .... but even then Russia is relucant to give up those 2 islands..... for China to acquire Siberia is nearly impossible..... Russia will try hold onto those lands as long as it can....

It seems to me that there have been claims that Russia is losing control over these lands.... who knows what the situation is but i do believe it.... expecially when moscow is 8 time zones away it couldn't possibility have too much influence over this far east. 

Something tells me that Russias are very stubborn.... i think China knows this that is why a few months back they signed an agreement that China would not demand any more land back that they ceded to russia during the 1850's and 1860's......Besides China needs Russian weapons.......

Edited by phoenix_bladen
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2005 at 11:27

Siberia has a dominant Mongolian and Turkic population, not Chinese.

hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2005 at 16:38
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Siberia has a dominant Mongolian and Turkic population, not Chinese.

Well said.

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
battleaxe View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote battleaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2005 at 16:49

What the hell do you mean, China wants Siberia "back"? When was Siberia ever ruled by the Chinese?

battleaxe View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote battleaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2005 at 16:52

Samurai
Samurai

Quote phoenix_bladen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2005 at 17:16
Originally posted by battleaxe

What the hell do you mean, China wants Siberia "back"? When was Siberia ever ruled by the Chinese?

Like i said before coolstorm has a lack of knowledge and tends to make up history....

China never ruled  Siberia, if you mean parts of the Russian Far east then yes China had influence over it and claimed it for themselves.  However that was lost by 1850 and 1860's to 2 treaties the treaty of aigun and the treaty of peking.

Edited by phoenix_bladen
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 23:57

russian far east is part of siberia.

i don't know who's the one that has a lack of knowledge here.

���DZj�~�� ��������
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 00:26

Actually, no...

the red parts siberia

Samurai
Samurai

Quote phoenix_bladen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 01:10
Originally posted by Gubukjanggoon

Actually, no...

the red parts siberia

lol yes coolstorm you have a lack of knowledge for a Chinese American.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberia

Or should i say you HAVE NO knowledge .....

Edited by phoenix_bladen
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 02:48

u can say whatever u want.

and u should also know that my tolerance has  a limit.

u have instulted me more than one time now. directly and personally.

if u wanna insult me, do it more wisely with better wording. but u didn't.

i have no choice but to report u with all the previous insults i collected.

���DZj�~�� ��������
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 03:23

you guys are both wrong:

these areas are all part of siberia

i am sorry but u guys both do not look too good on this.  

http://www.siberianomad.com/map_siberia.html

���DZj�~�� ��������
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 03:31

" Siberia is the territory in the Asian part of Russia. Till the beginning of the 20th century the territory from the Ural to the Pacific Ocean was called Siberia. Later, when the Soviet regime appeared, two regions were formed - Siberia and Far East.
Now the territory of Siberia is divided into Western Siberia, Eastern Siberia and the Russian Far East.  "

http://www.siberianomad.com/siberia.html

did you make up that map by yourself?

Gubukjanggoon:

I used to think you are a fair person with good knowledge. I've realized I am very wrong.

It's hard to believe that a Korean person does not know what Siberia is consisted of.

If you don't know about Siberia, better do some more research before you post something up to disqualify another person's knowledge.

Is it because I proved your arguments wrong in the Xiongnu name and invasion trends that you started bashing me with incorrect and made-up information and knowledge?

You guys' wording does make you guys look fair when providing inaccuate information and invalid arguments. And, at the same time, you guys could disapprove others' accurate information as if you were right.

I do admire you guys for that talent tho.

I guess this is gonna strengthen you guys' little bashing alliance against me, right?

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 03:39
Hmm..we seem to have conflicting sources...Wiki's article on the Russian far east says this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Far_East

"According to most reference sources, the Russian Far East should not be confused with Siberia, which does not stretch all the way to the Pacific."

As for me feeling bitter about the Xiong Nu thing..don't worry, I'm not.  I still happen to believe my ideas, but I'm ok with the fact that you may disagree with me.

As for me bashing you..perhaps I have been trying to prove a lot of the stuff you say is wrong..but that's only because I feel it's wrong.  Sometimes I'm right sometimes I'm not.  It's not only you though, I'd do it to anyone.  You just happen to post a lot in the Asian forum and that's the forum I frequent the most.  : P.

As for an alliance, maybe I should consider making one eh?  In all seriousness there was never an alliance between me and pheonix_bladen..quite frankly I'm a bit irked by the fact that he thinks that Korean was derived from Chinese characters.

I don't know why all of a sudden you're making personal attacks..but I'm not really appreciating it.

-GJ
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 03:40
Originally posted by phoenix_bladen

Originally posted by Gubukjanggoon

Actually, no...

the red parts siberia

lol yes coolstorm you have a lack of knowledge for a Chinese American.

Or should i say you HAVE NO knowledge .....

This is from the website you posted:

"Administrative subdivisions

Geographically, Siberia includes the federal subjects of the Urals Federal District, Siberian Federal District and Sakha (Yakutia) Republic, which is a part of the Far Eastern Federal District (see a list of subjects below). From the historical point of view, the whole Russian Far East is considered a part of Siberia."

That map is a map of Siberia that shows the different regions of Siberia. The Red area is the Ural Federal district. According to that website, Siberia goes Eastward until the Pacific Ocean.

you probably didn't read what it says on that website you posted.

This is this first time I see someone post a website to prove himself wrong on ae.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 03:42
Yes, I seem to have missed that part.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I'll make sure to read the whole thing before a post yea?

-GJ
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 03:45

I don't know why all of a sudden you're making personal attacks..but I'm not really appreciating it.

post whatever personal attacks that i've made.

please do.

saying that i am wrong in thinking that you are fair is not a personal attack. it means i do not think you are fair, and that's all it says.

saying that you guys look fair in wording while giving inaccurate information is in no way a personal attack either. i can say that in court.

however, you cannot accuse others of any crimes that can potentially hurt his reputation without evidence cause it can be considered as "slander". i dun wanna post all that legal stuff up again. try go look it up urself.

beside, please read your own source carefully. the red part is one of the siberia administrative districts. other districts are also considered as part of siberia.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>