Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

North America- immigration

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: When did you or your ancestors immigrate to North America?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
3 [12.00%]
2 [8.00%]
5 [20.00%]
8 [32.00%]
3 [12.00%]
2 [8.00%]
2 [8.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North America- immigration
    Posted: 09-Mar-2005 at 00:07
It varies for me; Mid 1600s', early 1700s', 1800s' and the 1920s' I also have Iriquouis ancestry in our family tree way back!!

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2005 at 15:40
Native mohawk, 18th century irish and 1950's Japanese.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2005 at 16:02
Purepecha native from Michoacan , spaniard and 1920's chinese
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 19:15

I came to Canada in 1997, me and my parents are only menbers of our family that are out of China.
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 19:21
My German and Hungarian ancestors came in the early 19th century.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2005 at 17:19
Looks like we have a number of immigrants from Mars- wow!!
Markolitos View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Markolitos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2005 at 17:37

1700s and 1800s, i have cherokee ancestry and something else. i have scottish ancestry that goes way back to between 1100-1300s, and before they came to scottland they lived in sweden. also have german and french ancestry from the immigration thing.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 01:19
I know about when my Dutch, English and French ancestors came but I am not sure when my Irish side came. There last name was McCurly but I am not sure exactly when but most Protestant Irish came around the 1830-50. But, I am only assuming they were Protestant because nobody is Catholic in our family. Most of the Catholic Irish starting coming around the 1850's. There was a lot of discrimination against the Roman Catholic Irish because they could, after all, be agents of the Pope; memories of the inquisition stilled lingered amongst many Protestants in America at that time.
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 12:57
My ancestors are 100% Ojibwa(native Canadian).
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Le Renard View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Le Renard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 13:14
I don't know all i know is that 14 generations back and farther i am related to Kings and Queens galore
"History repeats itself because nobody listened the first time."
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2005 at 05:11
I had two groups of ancesors that came over. My mother's side and then my father's side.

My first ancestors came over in the early 1700's we believe. We know that we had ancestors who fought in the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War, and they were the first generation to have been born in America, so your guess is as good as mine from that point.

My second group of ancestors came over from Germany in the early 1900's.

Edited by Illuminati
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 02:21
Originally posted by Illuminati

I had two groups of ancesors that came over. My mother's side and then my father's side.

My first ancestors came over in the early 1700's we believe. We know
that we had ancestors who fought in the Continental Army during the
Revolutionary War, and they were the first generation to have been born
in America, so your guess is as good as mine from that point.

My second group of ancestors came over from Germany in the early 1900's.

I also had ancestors who fought in the American Revolution, on my father's side. My mother side came from Greece in the 1920's. I wonder what it was like when my Dutch ancestors came to America in the late 1600's. Life was not easy then!!
LeopoldPhilippe View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2015 at 20:05
My great-great-grandparents immigrated from Hungary to the United States in the late 1800s.
EverythingBefore1812 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote EverythingBefore1812 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2017 at 23:16
Three lines 19th century, Italian. 

One line with; One 17th cent. born in Virginia - 1740/50s Alsace Lorain - likely 18th century Scot-Irish. Plus DNA says NA got in there somewhere on the way; probably the Virginian's dad unknown tribe, and the Scot-Irish is also possibly Algonquin based on some records trails and court records. 
From the Neolithic to the 1820s; Textiles, Weaving, Clothing Styles, Ceramics, Economics, Small Business, Trades, Artisans, Child development, and more.
 Post Reply Post Reply