Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Members Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Members Thread
    Posted: 22-Aug-2011 at 20:00
Quite possible... which would then indicate she has either surreptitiously been active via the 'not actively displayed function' which merely identifies an anonymous poster logged in. Or she, and this is the more probable, opened a second account.

(Which then is easily id.... by checking her IP address/s and common manner of posting style... technique...wording and context. Here... elsewhere... and thru the cooperation of other sites admin-staffs. If she has logged in or on another venue and certainly if she has had problems on the same.)

And she will then suffer the consequences for an entirely unnecessary action on her part.

Not good if that is true.Shocked

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 22-Aug-2011 at 20:05
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2011 at 20:05
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Quit possible... which would then indicate she has either surreptitiously been active via the 'not actively displayed function' which merely identifies an anonymous poster logged in. Or she, and this is the more probable, opened a second account. Which then is easily id.... being checking her IP address/s and common manner of posting style... technique...wording and context.

And she will then suffer the consequences for an entirely unnecessary action on her part.

Sounds like fun...

Edited by Mosquito - 22-Aug-2011 at 20:05
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2011 at 20:10
I wouldn't recommend it..... unless one is merely seeking disruption and a suspension which might prove permanent. But I suppose if you wish to personally do this and cause such... to include violate existent CoC.....you will then suffer then consequences as well.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 22-Aug-2011 at 20:11

S. T. Friedman

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2011 at 20:19
No, I have never created an alt here and I never broke this rule of CoC (and if I rmember well im here since 2002). And I will never do it. 

By fun I meant that excitement someone may get by investigating and tracking those double personalities or by casting threats...
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2011 at 20:38
Then that attitude is misguided. It is neither fun nor enjoyable to have to do this... as it is neither personally fun nor enjoyable for me....

(except for deliberate spammers who would disrupt the forum and steal free potential ad space without helping to support the costs of operating the site...as these types are nothing more then parasitic pos...that I enjoy immensely) 

....to have to warn or suspend or recommend a ban for a member.

If it were, I would expect the Administrator to remove me from the position as he didn't give it to me because he believed I would deliberately adopt such an attitude or policy. (He gave it to me because he believed I could be fair and objective in the moderation of the CoC as required.)

That is the type of attitude among former forum admins and staffs here... that led to the schism.

It enabled and created and sustained an attitude of self proclaimed superiority..elitism..cliquists..and feigned intellectual acumen...at the expense of the general membership. And as an older member you should remember and appreciate that.  You yourself, as did I, suffered from it. Which is to say...and hear me clearly now.... it was bullshit.

Bullshit then and bullshit now.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 22-Aug-2011 at 20:54

S. T. Friedman

ducky View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2011 at 15:43
Wow, you really dislike Athena!  And Red is pretty disrespectful of her too, saying she left in a fit of hysteria, when she didn't just leave but was locked out.   Wouldn't she be stupid as hell to return, considering how strongly she is disliked? 

Mosquito, you might like a philosophical forum?  The onlinephilosophyclub.com is discussing Aristotle, feudalism and the church, and then Locke and the fight for liberty. 

Edited by ducky - 23-Aug-2011 at 15:59
Now isn't that just ducky
ducky View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2011 at 16:10
It is no longer necessary for me to use ducky because I can now access my account from my own computer and pm and email people again.  I would not have started a second account, if I could have called attention to the problem by using my Athena account.  I would have stopped at sending PM's if I could have done that, but didn't figure out until today that it was the community server preventing me from doing that, not Red who immediately knew ducky is me.  I was wondering why Red allowed to post but not pm anyone.   I hope to find the email in my email account that will prove I was blocked from the Athena account, before what I am CV's using my efforts to get round his block, to permanently block me.  I appreciate his lie explaining he only warned me, because now I can honest, and pm people, and let the cards fall where they may.

Red, I do not run!   What an insult, to say I just ran away in a fit of hysteria.  You think me a coward?
I warned  everyone that CV abuses power and he validated me by suspending me and not putting a time limit on it.   Not until I could get around his block did things change.

Edited by ducky - 23-Aug-2011 at 17:24
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2011 at 17:01
If I could have PM'd anyone or emailed anyone from a community computer, I would have instead of posting.  Red, why you think anyone with the balls to stand up to CV would just hysterically run away?   Really?  CV had me blocked and I created ducky to get round the block, but that server wouldn't let me pm or email anyone.  But I could questioned what  Athena's and now my account works.  What a coincidence.   We have nothing but trouble since CV was given power, and he sure did validate my concern when he did block me from the forum.   Why would I be saying this now, instead of weeks ago, if this is not the truth? 
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2011 at 17:06
hmmm - no one missed me the great eaglecap

Been verrrrry busy !!
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
ducky View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2011 at 17:26
Sorry eaglecap, I have been a pit overwhelmed by my own problem with CV.   
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2011 at 17:31
Ay oop duck. I couldn't help but notice you and Athena have the same IP address. Is this genuine trolling on your part, or a case of multiple personality disorder?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2011 at 09:26
Well, I have no idea what Athena is talking about as far as me saying she ran off in Hysteria.  I did say she went over to "World Hysteria".  Making a play on words.

As for the rest of it, almost the same.  Athena was never blocked, nor was she suspended.  Athena joined .net under the name of Ducky.  She didn't come back here until she was suspended from .net.
No one got any message from her saying she couldn't get in.  And there are ways to do that, no one else has had trouble from me or anyone else when that has genuinely happened.

Centrix did not ban or suspend her, nor did he block her ip.  When she first showed up as Ducky, I sent her a PM, just to let her know I knew who it was.  That was over 2 weeks ago.  There was no attempt on her part to make us aware she had a problem.  She could have posted in any forum like others have done.  Or she could have posted in the "Can't log in thread".

Athena seems to trade on moral outrage, well this time she doesn't have a case.  She will be suspended for dual idents.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2011 at 13:40
Originally posted by red clay

There are a few folks, longtime members who have seemingly gone missing.  I've started this thread for collecting info as to there whereabouts and well being.

I have noticed 2-

Genghis-

Gargoyle-

If anyone knows how they are and what they are up to, maybe you could share.

I announce retirement, so I'll be missing too...
"I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2012 at 09:40
I was lost for a while, but found myself recently.

I'm curious about this great split. What did I miss there?
Arrrgh!!"
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2012 at 10:04
Fission energy residuals.LOLBig Bang is still enigma for all of us newcomers,Cywr!
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2012 at 11:29
Originally posted by Cywr

I've heard of the splitting too, but do not know all the details or
even the highlights. 
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2012 at 09:04
Originally posted by tjadams

Originally posted by Cywr

I've heard of the splitting too, but do not know all the details or
even the highlights. 

No highlights, bunch of lowlights though.  None worth mentioning.  It's ancient history now.  However if you want a rundown, PM me about it and I'll briefly recap it for you.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2012 at 09:08
Anyone know where "TheGreatSimba" went to, or how about Azadi?
Unknown.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2012 at 21:52
I am still around but too busy for All empires
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2012 at 21:52
jjj

Edited by eaglecap - 29-Jul-2012 at 21:55
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>