Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Most boring concert

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most boring concert
    Posted: 17-Mar-2008 at 19:40
Enough with all of the great stuff threads for one day. Let's get straight to the ugly reality that is show business. What main act or back up band bites royal dog doo? Give us your most unmemorable experience.

For me it has got to be Rufus Wainwright, while backing up a Roxy Music show in 2002. Boring!!! Out of tune. Sang like a fairy, not like Brian Ferry either.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2008 at 19:43
To clarify things, he was polar opposite to the Roxy part of the show. Great musicians and played their best tunes.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2008 at 21:49

....i saw a rather old  version of Asia once in Folkestone, Kent, and i swear, i nearly did fall asleep..to much diddling, fiddling, widdling on all the instruments....

...all the classic Asia tunes were lost in a mist of 'look at me, how well i can play my thing'...boring beyond belief....alas, i had to stick it out because i was without any money and on the promise of  an after-show pizza from a friend, and i was starving..!!..bliss...teenage years eh?????...!!!!!

Edited by Act of Oblivion - 17-Mar-2008 at 21:49
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2008 at 07:47
Several years ago i saw Bob Dylan at an open air concert in Hamburg. He was bored obviously, didn't play more than 60 minutes. Real terrible!

After a break the incredible Neil Young performed at the same concert, more than 2 hours, very inspiring.

What a difference, Bob the snob and Neil the steel !

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2008 at 19:43
I once went to a Limp Bizkit concert. Ok, before you start, it was free. The housemate of the sister of a housmate of mine won tickets on the radio for the same night, and he couldn't make it. The tickets ended up with me and another of my housemates. I'd once seen them on a festival, and it had been kidof ok entertainment, so I thought what the hell, let's go.

It was bad.

Ok, so the technical part they could not help. And of course, it must be rather de-moralising for a band to put up a performance when the sound keeps going off every other moment. But they could at least have tried to make the best of it for the people who paid good money to see them... As it was, they played for 60 mins. Badly, and uninspired, and then they walked off the stage never to return for even a single encore. Bad sport. Good thing I did not pay for it...Unhappy

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2008 at 21:56
I went to a Cake concert a few years back. It wasn't too bad until about halfway through the gig the singer decided to give a speech, which turned into a racist tirade against Japanese and other Asian and how American are the racially pure decendants of vikings and the right to dominate them. I kinda stopped liking the band from that moment on.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply