Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Were the Illyrians Greeks?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Were the Illyrians Greeks?
    Posted: 26-Feb-2008 at 23:14
Heroi, you post simply rubbish...

I'm gonna start a thread about Thesprotia and Molossia. If you agree to participate I demand you post sources to your riddiculus claims.

That means, i want refferences to everything you post...I do not intend to loose my time on childish "I've heard/i think posts".

Så nu tar jag fram (k)niven va!
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2008 at 23:23

Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2008 at 11:58

Albanians a majority in Salonika? LOL

Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2008 at 14:31
Originally posted by Anton

Albanians a majority in Salonika? LOL

I hope that comments like that make you understand my frustration...Smile

HEROI View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote HEROI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2008 at 17:10
who is talking about ancient Mollossia or thesprotiia??????
I am saing that Epiros for as long as concreete historical evidence exists was and still remains an albanian speaking region.
You dont agree with this??
Most of what is today Greece was not inhabited by Greek speaking people during Ottoman empire,as for before that ,i told you is a matter of opinion ,you and i can not prove anything.

Me pune,me perpjekje.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2008 at 19:25
Originally posted by chicagogeorge

Strabo, Geography,  7. 11

What is now called Macedonia was in earlier times called Emathia. And it took its present name from Macedon, one of its early chieftains. And there was also a city emathia close to the sea. Now a part of this country was taken and held by certain of the Epeirotes and the Illyrians, but most of it by the Bottiaei and the Thracians. The Bottiaei came from Crete originally, so it is said, along with Botton as chieftain.

It's obvious that macedonians are non-greek people but mostly Epeirotes,  Illyrians and Thracians

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2014 at 23:25
Fllipper, po te fola un shqip" illiro thrake" po deshe ti ,smer vesh asnje gjysem fjale ,ajo iligreqishtja jote ska lidhje fare,Thumbs Up flipper buddy, you obviously greek, so you get serious your impartiality in this thread is just as questionable.Its hard for any one to make any claims yet, on what they were , since no one, has researched them, some say the older settlemens have a similarity to the Mycenae culture,but that doesn't mean, they were greek, the Mycenae culture was seperate culture and people, and yes the greeks were more literate than illyrians thanks to their influence from the near eastern cultures and middleastern  cultures , particularly the phenicyans and their alphabet the ifestos plate rings a bell, a closely guarded secret stolen from them. All this said there is enough  info that makes the fact that the illyrians were different people, there are three languages spoken in the Ballkans current version of Greek ,Slavic ( all its variants)and Albanian(2 dialects) none of them Related.
Gentjan View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Gentjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2016 at 02:18
Greeks have not existed in antiquity as a nation, except as crop called "Greek" which regards except the people who created it Pelasgians-Illyrians crop. Everything different from this, is the invention of pseudo nonsense modern science recent centuries. So, the ancient Greek language education was the Pelasgians - Illyrians, Greeks were not people but culture. None of the ancient authors wrote that the Greeks were not people, because it was culture so "ancient Greek" disappeared into the depths of centuries, people Enders language (Albanian) pelasgians- ages Illyrians survived until our days.
chicagogeorge View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote chicagogeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2017 at 22:43
Originally posted by Gentjan

Greeks have not existed in antiquity as a nation, except as crop called "Greek" which regards except the people who created it Pelasgians-Illyrians crop. Everything different from this, is the invention of pseudo nonsense modern science recent centuries. So, the ancient Greek language education was the Pelasgians - Illyrians, Greeks were not people but culture. None of the ancient authors wrote that the Greeks were not people, because it was culture so "ancient Greek" disappeared into the depths of centuries, people Enders language (Albanian) pelasgians- ages Illyrians survived until our days.

Ridiculous baseless with no evidence whatso ever. Pelasgians never mentioned in Albania or Illyria. 

chicagogeorge View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote chicagogeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2017 at 22:45

The Greek  like all languages had dialects and were organized early on into tribal societies isolated in a mountainous country with islands.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12