Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kashmir and central Asia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ranjithvnambiar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ranjithvnambiar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kashmir and central Asia
    Posted: 18-Sep-2010 at 01:45
Originally posted by balochii

http://thedawn.com.pk/2010/09/17/kashmiri-was-never-part-of-india-and-never-will-be/

Good Propoganda for Kashmir.Lets see what happens.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2010 at 02:39
Kashmir definatly doesn't have anything to do with your south india or eastern india (bengal), maybe it does have similarities to places like Himachal or even northern punjab, but it also shares a lot with places like northern pakistan, afghanistan and Tajikistan.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ranjithvnambiar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2010 at 04:36

Kashmir definatly doesn't have anything to do with your south india or eastern india (bengal), maybe it does have similarities to places like Himachal or even northern punjab, but it also shares a lot with places like northern pakistan, afghanistan and Tajikistan.

That doesnot make Kashmir part of pakistan
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2010 at 14:35
^ the article clearly says its shouldn't also be part of pakistan, but pakistan is more closer to kashmir then current India is. Pakistanis are 30% iranic, and also northern parts of punjab are pretty close to kashmiries
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ranjithvnambiar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2010 at 23:55

Its immature saying so.Kashmir may have many things to do with South Indians & bengalis.
India have people of different ethnicities living in it.We dont discriminate based on it.Now you are classifying us and himachalites,punjabies,bengalis and south indians.You seem to have gone blind because of your racial prejudice.

Colonel
Colonel

Quote ranjithvnambiar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2010 at 00:01

^ the article clearly says its shouldn't also be part of pakistan, but pakistan is more closer to kashmir then current India is. Pakistanis are 30% iranic, and also northern parts of punjab are pretty close to kashmiries

Kashmiri pandits who constituted of 40% of the kashmiri population were driven away from Kashmir by Jihadis in 1989 and now they are living as refugees in Delhi and Jammu.We accepted them as Indians and many NGO organisations are helping them without bothering about their ethnicity.
The only problem in Kashmir is politically supported religious terrorism which is supported by international terrorist organisations like alqaeda,LeT etc.
And some country which has proclaimed itself as friends of Kashmir has taken away Kashmiri land and had sold it to China.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2010 at 12:12
Originally posted by ranjithvnambiar

Its immature saying so.Kashmir may have many things to do with South Indians & bengalis.
India have people of different ethnicities living in it.We dont discriminate based on it.Now you are classifying us and himachalites,punjabies,bengalis and south indians.You seem to have gone blind because of your racial prejudice.

what do kashmiries really have to do with bengalis or south indians? i mean maybe the pandits share the same religion, but thats it, the muslims kashmiries have nothing to do with them at all
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ranjithvnambiar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2010 at 03:07

what do kashmiries really have to do with bengalis or south indians? i mean maybe the pandits share the same religion, but thats it, the muslims kashmiries have nothing to do with them at all
As I earlier told India has different races in it we have people of different ethnic origins living in India.
I have in my earlier treads posted several photos of Dravidians & bengalis who are genetically similar to europeans & mediteraneans.Kashmiri pandits and others are genetically similar to many other indian caste populations.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ranjithvnambiar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2010 at 07:48
Below given are the photos of some famous Kashmiri people and Indians of Other ethnicities mainly people from kerala(dravidians).Can you point out the so called differences in features that you were speaking about.

balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2010 at 18:19
^ lol totally cherry picking, and who is to say that these south indians did not arrive from north india? even your famous Ashawariya Rai has north indian roots, Pure south indian with no outside influence looks like this:

Edited by balochii - 27-Sep-2010 at 18:19
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ranjithvnambiar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2010 at 00:48
Thats your concept and belief.
You yourself hadmentioned in your earlier posts about finding darkskinned people at several places in pakistan.
The photos of Southindians which I posted there are of G.K.Pillai,Vikram,Swami Chinmayananda,Kamal Haasan and one of a Marathi ie Milind Soman.(Others are kashmiris namely Subhash Kak,Muzammil Ibrahim,Muhammed Iqbal khan,Siddharth Kak,R.K.Raina.)
Of which the first three are Nairs(menon,Pillai,Nambiar al belong to this race).Nairs were known to have a very early presence in South India with Brahmins.Kamaal Haasan is a South Indian Brahmin Iyengar.They are also known to have a very early presence in the area.
I have seen darkskinned people in Northwest of India too but only difference is that they dont wear lungi like south indians.Tribal populations of East India have more dark skinned people than other parts.The caste populations of South India are generally light skinned and tribal populations are darkskinned.
Your concept about dravidians(as per my under standing) is that they are darkskinned people.And that is not true there are as many light skinned dravidians in south as there are darkskinned.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2010 at 09:07
^ i am not denying at all that pakistan has darkskinned people, infact a good 30-40% of population, especially in Sindh and southern punjab is darkskinned
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ranjithvnambiar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2010 at 23:22

^ i am not denying at all that pakistan has darkskinned people, infact a good 30-40% of population, especially in Sindh and southern punjab is darkskinned

My point in posting the photos was, there is great genetical diversity among the people of India but there are genetical similarities too.Kashmiri people are not a totally different race which doesnt have any genetical relations with other Indians.There are people all over India who is genetically similar to Kashmiris.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2010 at 14:02
^my point the more south you go the different people get, obviously people close to kashmir like from himchal will have large similaties, but as you go south, all the way to tamil nadu the different you get
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ranjithvnambiar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2010 at 06:07
South is not completely Tamilnadu.Extreme South of India has two states Kerala and Tamilnadu.Genetically there are many similarities and also many differences between the two.Kerala and Karnataka populations are more similar and Andhra pradesh & Tamilanadu populations are more similar genetically but languagewise Malayalam is similar to tamil eventhough it(malayalam) has almost 50% of its vocabulary from sanskrit And Kannada is similar to Telughu.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ranjithvnambiar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2010 at 06:14
Nairs and Nambudiris of Kerala are known to have migrated to south from Ahichatra of Uttar Pradesh during Kadamba Vanavasi rule in South.Kadamba Vanavasi King Mayura Varman invited the Nagavamsi Kshatriyas of Ahikshetra(Ahichatra) to his kingdom for strengthening its borders and protecting it.These nagavamsis later divided int 3 groups one being the Kodavas(Coorgis) of Coorg Shettys ,Bhandaris & Rais (Tulu  bunt Community) of Mangalore and Nairs(Nambiar,Menon,Pillai Kurup and many other subgroups) Of Kerala. Aishvarya Rai belongs to Tulu bunt community.
kamran_koshur View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote kamran_koshur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2011 at 08:46

Kashmiri pandits who constituted of 40% of the kashmiri population were driven away from Kashmir by Jihadis in 1989 and now they are living as refugees in Delhi and Jammu

Kashmiri pànđits form only 300-000 people
or 5% of the total Kashmiri population.These 300 000 include the pànđits
living as refugees outside kashmir

Káşyren hinz kàşîr
kashmir for kashmiris
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2011 at 14:35
^ i have a question, since you are from kashmir. Are kashmiri pandits really from kashmir? because whenever i see kashmiri pandits they look more (indian) to me then lets say muslim kashmiries, by indian i mean they are usally more darkskinned and speak in Indian accent, but when i see muslim kashmiries they look more dardic or even afghan in origin, I thought they were the same people?
kamran_koshur View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote kamran_koshur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2011 at 14:05
yeah kashmiri pandits are indigenous to kashmir and most of them have reddish to dark brown hair as well as green eyes like the rest of kashmiris. however after leaving kashmir in 1989 because of the conspiracy of the then governor jagmohan , some of them maybe 1 % or even less intermixed with indians and as a result appear to have indic features and that detestable indian accent. the vast majority of them are still caucasian in appearance and speak with a thick rural kashmiri accent . thanx
Káşyren hinz kàşîr
kashmir for kashmiris
oxydracae View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oxydracae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2012 at 01:18
^^ yeah and Kashmiri Muslims were also originally Kashmiri Pandits. This is clear from their surnames.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>