Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

STAR GATE SCI FI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STAR GATE SCI FI
    Posted: 18-Jan-2008 at 23:07
How many here watched Star Gate SG-1 or Star Gate Atlantis?

I am a sci fi junky and I suspect many A&E members aslo love sci fi

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/

Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2008 at 00:10
Yes. Stargate is one of the best sci-fi shows ever. Only Star Wars is better and Battlestar Galactica and Babylon-5 come after Stargate's...

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2008 at 00:23
I love the SG1 series but never really got into Atlantis. As for other SCI-FI's I like Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars and have been meaning to getting around to watching Farscape and the Star Treks as I hear they are both good.
Tyranos View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Tyranos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2008 at 00:26
Never cared for this show. 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2008 at 00:27
I've watched it a few times, it is decent. I prefer the new Battlestar Galactica series; I wish they would have continued it for more than the upcoming season it still have some room for development.
Ragozy View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ragozy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2008 at 03:45
I like this series. Atlantis hasn't caught my attention as much, but the whole idea is a great ride. BSG? Old or new? Never watched the new, but liked the old series. B5 - is a keeper. Outstanding series. Farscape was good as well. Star Tek anyday of the week! Any series!
"The truest measure of a society is how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners."
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2008 at 03:47
I love science fiction as well. Not bad, although I preffer hard science fiction to soft fantasies like Star Wars.

Actually, is there any fan of "planetes" around? Nope? Nah! I can't believe I am the only nerd that like that Japanese hard sci-fi series...
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2008 at 07:57
I have watched SG-1 a few times, it is not bad. I prefer vampire style movies like Underworld or Queen of the damn. I am also a fan of Zambi movies except Resident Evil III.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2008 at 15:35
I dislike Star Trek though. Never liked it.

I like both Atlantis and SG1.. But they serve different purposes - SG1 is more of a comedy and for fun but I see in Atlantis these great space battles that are also in Star Wars.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2008 at 21:29
The Star Trek XI movie is coming out Dec 08.
I wonder when they will make a Star Gate SG-1 movie.

The trailers are already out on the new star Trek movie.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2008 at 16:32
There are two SG1 sequels coming out soon.

I think that both of them were to deal with the repelling of the Ori invasion.

Serge L View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Serge L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2008 at 23:16
I am a sci fi fan too.
In particular, I record SG1 everyday (here they are airing the 5th season) to see it when I am back from work
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2008 at 08:11
Originally posted by eaglecap

I wonder when they will make a Star Gate SG-1 movie.

Didn't the series start off with a movie? Where they first went through the Stargate to the Egyptian like world and O'neal was gonna stay behind and blow it up when everyone went back but they teleported it up into the ship.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2008 at 09:56
I saw Stargate the movie. A rip off of the DR Who episode "Pyramids of Mars". In which a stargate on earth is found leading to Mars, where a super advanced alien posing as the Egyptian God Seth living in a pyramid has been found, who used to live on earth.

Edited by Paul - 23-Jan-2008 at 09:58
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2008 at 15:19
Yes. It began with a movie and it will also end with a few movies.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2008 at 19:48
Originally posted by rider

There are two SG1 sequels coming out soon.I think that both of them were to deal with the repelling of the Ori invasion.

I will have to do an internet search and see if there are any trailers fore this!!

I FOUNG IT!!!
Next episode: Stargate SG-1: The Ark of Truth
After Tomin defects to Earth, he informs the SGC that the Ori are preparing a full-scale assault. With his help, Daniel learns of "The Ark of Truth", something that could possibly turn the tides of the war in Earth's favor... but it will involve traveling to the Ori home galaxy. Stargate SG-1: The Ark of Truth is the first of two straight to DVD movies.
Airs: Tuesday March 11, 2008

Edited by eaglecap - 23-Jan-2008 at 19:55
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2008 at 19:50
BSG is head and shoulders above any incarnation of Star Gate.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2008 at 19:56
Originally posted by Zagros

BSG is head and shoulders above any incarnation of Star Gate.

IT IS ALSO GOOD BUT I LIKE THE ORIGINAL WITH LOREN GREEN BETTER!!
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2008 at 20:21
Nah. BSG is good but it's not that good. Plus it's like 3 times shorter... :P
 Post Reply Post Reply