Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to The Minefield - Please read ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome to The Minefield - Please read ...
    Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 17:09
Originally posted by Anton

I think I must explain my silly "crapiest member" behavior. When dynamic equilibrium is changed the new one is established after series of stochastic movements. In case with behaviour norms changed by "AE beaurocrats" new borders of allowed actions should be determined by provocations. I tried to test these new borders. What we see now -- "crapiest country" topic is still allowed although not favoured but personal attacks are not. Do you thing it is reasonable and expected result? I don't. Smile

I agree with you Anton, in that, with this new subforum certain boundaries get stretched. By allowing most anything up to this point we can now examine the responses and opinions that you, the membership, have offered. Your sentiments along with a few others have led me to move two marginal threads over to the tavern. I hope this result meets your expectations.

In the future, silly topics will stay in the tavern.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 21:53
Thanks for your patience and understanding fellow forumers while we cleaned up a few misplaced mines. The list of topics open for discussion in this subforum remains listed on the previous page.
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 22:13
Originally posted by Paul

Originally posted by Northman

We have created this forum to promote the ideal of free speech by opening up for some of the more controversial subjects, subjects that earlier were blacklisted in order to maintain peace and avoid flamewars on All Empires.

The name of this forum, The Minefield, is not chosen randomly but chosen to indicate that this is a place where we watch our steps, conduct ourselves with caution and navigate within a good margin of the limits of the Code of Conduct.
Before posting, you might want to brush yourself up on these rules, and please remember, while we want to promote the highest level of freedom of speech, we do focus vigorously on faul behavior, personal attacks, negative attitude etc.

Currently all previous blacklisted topics can now be disscussed. Members will need at least a 50 post count to participate.

~ Northman

Confused

freedom of speech or not freedom of speech?

or well let you know after you've posted (not before)

Thank you Paul - but who are "we" - or are you addressing yourself in plural?
"We" can let me know anything you might find relevant to your mission.

Seko and I were thrilled to spend an hour each to tidy things up after you - be thankful we both are men of patience and used to deal with (more or less innocent) juvenile provocative behavior - just for the sake of it. Wink

Please consider another playground next time my friend.

~ Northman

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 23:00
The 'we' is the moderators.

Maybe you and seko should change your user group name to Janitor.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 23:01
Paul take it outside. I had enough of your bs for today.
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2008 at 19:20
Originally posted by xristar

I have to admit that during my stay here, there have been no serious problem between Turks, Greeks, Armenians, Kurds etc etc.

you are new here, that's why.
But I still think things never got really ugly, as some think

I've been here almost 2 years now. I don't know what happened before that. I guess that the moderators have done a good job on that field + that the current Turkish lads are cool.

Så nu tar jag fram (k)niven va!
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2008 at 08:30
Well Hellenic lads cool too ;)
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 21:11
The rules for The Minefield are changed.
Please read the first post in this thread.

~ Northman

xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2008 at 23:12
Can you create a topic on the turkish casualties during the 1974 war of Cyprus. It's a blacklisted topic, so i decide not to begin it somewhere else, and have it simply either deleted or moved.

What i'm intersted in is what the exact figures of turkish military casualties were during the war. I don't have any access to turkish sources here in Greece, so I beg the turkish forumers to enlighten us if they can.

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2008 at 23:16
Until someone else does wish to open that topic you certainly can. PM your title to me and I'll open it for you. After that you can start your posts.
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2008 at 23:32
How can I know that someone else wants to open this topic?
The title doesn't need much explaining. simply put "turkish losses during 1974 Cyprus war". I think that will do.

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2008 at 09:54
Originally posted by xristar

How can I know that someone else wants to open this topic?

I think Seko was referring to the staff designated to this forum to do it for you, xristar - I have opened the topic. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12