Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Xbox Or Ps3, or PC ,which is better

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xbox Or Ps3, or PC ,which is better
    Posted: 05-Jan-2008 at 07:47
WHICH IS THE BETTER CONSOLE, XBOX 360, PC, OR PS3
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2008 at 10:55
Xbox 360's are pretty crap, they've got some good games but they seem to constantly have something wrong with them.
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2008 at 18:01

My vote goes to PC as I really love to play games on PC and feel so unconmfortable playing on consoles.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2008 at 18:19
You do know that PCs aren't identical, right?
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2008 at 18:27
How yes never to forget that it depends from PC to PC.

I guess wasting 500$ on a PS3 can get you a 512 MB Video Card, a 2 GB RAM along with (maybe in some places) an Intel 2.0 GHz Dual Core 2 processor for that 500$.

So why not to go for that choice.... Wink

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2008 at 23:52
Thats the choice I went for but I am slowly upgrading my computer so that someday I may be able to play all the big games everyone else plays
WolfHound View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote WolfHound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2008 at 05:52
HEHE what about a WII? I had my 360 for 2 years now, nothing has gone wrong with it yet. So not every 360 breaks, just a bunch of them. It also depends what kind of games you want to play.
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2008 at 13:07
I have a PC but got a 360 because PC's are so flippin expensive (for a good one) and the have to upgrade the darn things every couple of years, overall tho I still prefer PC if u have money cause I'm only a high school student I can't afford that so I got a 360 and its great.
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2008 at 18:35

PC, all the way. But XBOX isn't so bad.

Join us.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2008 at 15:36

It's kind of pointless to discuss this unless we first set the premise of what makes a gaming platform superior. So far there has been a lot of talk about technical issues and price, but I believe what makes a gaming platform "better" is well, the games. And it's not just about quality but also genre. Personally I could've bought a XBOX360, a Wii or a new PC, it's just that many of the games I want will only be released on the PS3, and thus the lower prices of the XBOX360 and Wii and the potential technical superiority of a PC does not impact my choice.

Generally I'd say consoles are better gaming platforms though, as you can just stick the game in and play without having to worry about compatibility or if you have the latest patch (more than once I've bought games which just so happened to be incompatible with some component of my PC, and games I had to spend an hour dling patches for before I could start playing the game without annoying bugs.). If you play mostly strategy games the PC is superior though, as you more or less have to play them with a mouse and keyboard, and the console selection of strategy games is rather poor.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Feb-2008 at 21:37
The Wii hands down. beautiful, yet simple games created by very creative game designers. i love how the games can be controlled by the swooshing motion of your hand instead of just grabing a controller and pressing buttons constantly. Mario Galaxy is a must get, and the new super smash game is comin ina few days! After that a revamped version of MARIO KART!!! you just cant lose with the Wii =)
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Feb-2008 at 21:43
ps3, because I own one. I challenge anyone to play Call Of Duty 4 online and not fall in love with the console.
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 18:46
I like eveything....but the Wii is the best one(imo), but it is not on the list. Tongue
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2008 at 02:32
Originally posted by The Canadian Guy

I like eveything....but the Wii is the best one(imo), but it is not on the list.Tongue

I'm feelin you on that one canadian guy! Woo Wii!!!
kafkas View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote kafkas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2008 at 03:58
Dreamcast and then PS3
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2008 at 20:15
PC, the reason for this above all is: it's customizable. yes, that goes from modding games to upgrading your machine. yeah, keyboard and mouse are not really intended for games but then, i couldn't imagine for life playing a shooter with soem weird gamepad-thingy. all in all, PC owns consoles big time. Tongue

about prices, PCs in general are more expensive than consoles, but console games are more expensive than PC games, particularly because most get released low budget really soon (some later).

the only real reason for me to considder a console is the old nostalgic feeling of a good beat em up game like street fighter or Soul Calibur for those who are not odl enough to know street fighter. you can't play that with keyboards or mouse and your buddy on the otehr side of another PC some blocks away...
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2008 at 22:28
I've got to lean towards the Wii as well. I decided around my birthday that I wanted a console. I picked the Wii because it's something that my girlfriend and I can play together. It's not as complicated or intense as a PS3 or XBOX 360, so she really enjoys it. The fact that it's a lot cheaper didn't hurt either. 
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2008 at 10:23
Look, every 2 years they come out with yet ANOTHER video gaming console. You have to fork out hundreds of dollars for it, you can't play your old console games on it, and the only thing you can do with it is play games.

For that reason, I favour the PC. The only time you ever need to fork out money is to upgrade your RAM or graphics card, or to buy the new games.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2008 at 11:08
100% agree with Constantine. PC's all the way.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 17:08
naa naa naa! the Wii is where its at! Super Smash Brawl comin soon!!! woooot!!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>