Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AE podcast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AE podcast
    Posted: 25-Dec-2007 at 18:59
A fair while ago I thought of doing an AE podcast with the collaboration of some people. I seem to remember that I spoke to Hugoestr and Rider about it but at the time I was busy and couldn't adequately respond for which I apologise. However, now I was just thinking if I was possible for this project to go ahead? I was considering what we could do for these podcasts though, and it might be a great way to spread AE further than it already is. Please discuss...
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 07:40
It is a great idea Aster, one which I'd love to help out with. We could get together a team to choose topics/themes and design scripts. Then we could 1) select a fluent reader to dictate them and 2) translate them into other common languages too. What do you think?
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 10:46
Kool, I am in!
I am a free donkey!
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 11:10

I'd really like to read, but how many people do you think we need to kick off this idea? Also, I think that it's essential that we have Rider's approval (as the editor) and at least one admins..

Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 11:35
There are editors other than Rider...Kilroy, Paul, Dawn, Theodore Felix..etc
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 11:49

Good point. What kind of things should we do on this? It's not like we can actually have discussions with other members on it, nor can we read articles - which would be too long winded. What we could do, however, would be to read posts out in interesting little snippets.

Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 11:52
You have a point. There is an array of things we could do, which includes reading out articles, both informative and argumentative ones. One could dictate an interesting thread of discussion from a forum topic...things like that.

Quick question; Have you listened to the 12 Byzantine Rulers podcast? (or anything similar)
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 12:02

THOSE ARE BRILLIANT. I love podcasts - I recently downloaded about 6 hours worth of audiolectures from the Berkley website. I think that theres' a thread near here which contains links to sites where you can get some of these podcasts.

hmm...I'm not sure about the articles thing, and if we do that, we'd need to slice up the articles a little bit. We could also do a news thing about the forum, but then again, that could possibly undermine the news thread anyway and the accesibility of it for people who are not on the forum and are just listening to it out of interest. We could make it a bit more like a radio thing - for example, having a song or two at the end for laughs.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 12:09
I think the articles are a viable option - particularly the briefer ones ( <2000 words). I can see it being like the concept of the Byzantine Emperors - factual and informative, without being TOO intense, but still concise and succinct. 
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 12:25
Good idea. Considering that we are both online now, should we try to write a script?
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 20:36
Okay, here I go.

You got to talk to another editor because Rider is on vacation. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 21:57
humm interesting project. one point - if you use an article it would be nessessary to get promision from the person that wrote it.
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2007 at 01:38
That's true - but surely there isn't any problem with that. PMs and Emails will do the job. Also, I'd imagine that most of the people who write large articles with loads of sources and things like that would usually be the people who spend lots of their time on the forum in the first place.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2007 at 10:15
That sounds like a good idea and I would be willing to help out if I can.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 12:21
Dawn said yes.
I say yes.
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2008 at 23:29
W...elll...how should we get started then? I would be prepared to write some scripts, but obviously with some other people working on them with me on a forum thread.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2008 at 00:14
Then start a script writing thread Make sure to give a clear idea of what you are looking for, and then people will be happy to contribute.
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2008 at 03:10
What's the difference between a script and the original article?
I am a free donkey!
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2008 at 03:42
Well you would need a script on what to say between reading out articles and all that.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2008 at 10:33
Yes.

But I think the more difficult part is to get people read those texts out loud.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>