Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who really won the Space Race?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Who really won the Space race?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [50.00%]
21 [50.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who really won the Space Race?
    Posted: 23-Nov-2007 at 19:15
Where is the "tie"? In lieu of this option, I'll have to go with the U.S. I think that the Space Race was really won when the Russians and Americans realized they could cooperate with each other in achieving their objectives. Look at the International Space Station. Anyway, just my two cents.

-Akolouthos

Edited by Akolouthos - 23-Nov-2007 at 19:16
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2007 at 19:15

Take the case of the shuttle Buran, then. The Americans also won:

Edited by pinguin - 23-Nov-2007 at 19:16
communist View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote communist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2007 at 19:11
If it was the Moon race i could see u justifying that the U.S. won but it wasnt a race to the moon but a race to Space
communist View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote communist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2007 at 19:10
But why is called the space race if the deciding moment was when the U.S. landed on the moon.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2007 at 19:05
Obviously the U.S.. They reach the moon, first.
Yes, the Soviet Union has priority on the first man on space, the first woman and the first walk, besides many other first. However, the goal was to reach the moon. And that was achieved by the U.S.. The Soviet Union tried and failled, I am afraid. The N1 rocket

Strength%20Research%20Center%20TsNIIMash
Edwin%20N%20Cameron,%20former%20US%20Department%20of%20Defense%20Analyst/Instructor

Saturn V won the race. Below, Saturn V v/s N1

Edited by pinguin - 23-Nov-2007 at 19:09
communist View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote communist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2007 at 18:53
America was the first nation to the moon but the Soviets were the first to space who really was the winner?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234