Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Have Muslims Been Hated in The West?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Why Have Muslims Been Hated in The West?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
3 [23.08%]
3 [23.08%]
5 [38.46%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [15.38%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Have Muslims Been Hated in The West?
    Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 22:12
not only that but people are often mislead by scholars classifying Islam as an eastern religion, it is not , it is absolutist, intolernat and exclusionary, just like judaisim and christianity
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 23:41
Parts of America are like parts of the Middle East, and where the constitution not there to protect rights, it is likely certain states would be like a Christian taliban.

I wonder if that starts starts with a big U...

I have heard stories about that state and the control by a certain religion, mainly in small towns.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 02:00
lol, you hit the nail on the head there!  Though I wouldnt call Mrmons Christians....they are ...soemthing else Im not sure what exactly
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 03:57

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with terrorism. It's just one way to wage war. And in war there are no rules (read Clausewits and you will understand what I mean). Terrorists kill innocent civilians but so do the US Air force bombers. Finnish army guerilla forces are trained to use similar tactics to many terrorists. Terrorism is just a sort of a guerillawar. War is always horrible. Women and children will die in every war. If we think the US war against terrorism: Few thousand civilians have been killed by terrorists, tens of thousands of Iraqian civilians died in US bombings. Totally innocent civilians. Only reason because we are afraid of muslims is our own arrogance and ignorance of what happens around us.

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 05:39
Originally posted by Gubukjanggoon

Look every religeon has it's extremists. It's a fact of
life. The major flaw of Relgieon, I happen to be a Catholic, is
that it's founded by man and man is flawed. Stuff that Muslim
Extremeist groups do sucks, but so does the stuff that the KKK does and
other people though. Don't generalize. Personally, I think
Islam is a great religeon, and if I hadn't been born a Catholic, I
would have been a Muslim..

No one is generalizing(if you want me to generalize, I'd say that most Muslims are as most people, they just want to live in peace and make more people). I certainly was not saying Muslims are all terrorists, just that the loud few were. The good deeds of thousands may easily be destroyed by the atrocities of a few, from the PR point of view. And face it, how many Buddhist or Hindu terrorist groups are around?

Originally posted by Mahti

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with terrorism. It's just one way to wage war. And in war there are no rules (read Clausewits and you will understand what I mean). Terrorists kill innocent civilians but so do the US Air force bombers. Finnish army guerilla forces are trained to use similar tactics to many terrorists. Terrorismis just a sort of a guerillawar. War is always horrible. Women and children will die in every war.If we think the US war against terrorism: Few thousand civilians have been killed by terrorists, tens of thousands of Iraqian civilians died in US bombings. Totally innocent civilians. Only reason because we are afraid of muslims is our own arrogance and ignorance of what happens around us.

I hope you are kidding. In any way you're dead wrong on all accounts, I doubt you have read Clausewitz and there are rules in war (ever heard of Genev?). Terrorism is directed towards civilians, to kill innocents and create fear, and is the most cowardly of acts (the last was an opinion). Do you think the Beslan attack was ok? Say what you want, but the US bombers aim for military targets to take away the enemy ability to wage a war, and Gulf War II was the cleanest war ever in terms of cilivians killed and civilian infrastructure damages (the legality of the war is another thing, but also a completely different topic, so I'll leave it). The Finnish jger tactics you are talking about has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism, targeting vital military equipment behind enemy lines has as much to do with terrorism as toilets has to do with salmon.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 06:05

No one really cares about rules in war. Say me a war where Geneve pact has been honoured?

Fear is strong weapon and used correctly can win wars. It really doesn't matter are you killed by enemy aircraft meant to destroy facility or suicide bomber, you are dead! Of course terrorism is cowardly but it's effective and that's all that matters in war. War is never fair and you are childish if you think that there is such things as "right" or "wrong" in war. War is always wrong but if it happens then forget morality. Terrorism is war of the weak versus strong. Poor terrorists can't buy tanks so they have to improvise. Using "dirty tricks" to achieve something is ok for me. Another thing is mindless killing without purpose.

And what comes to Finnish jgers, Finnish guerillas ("sissis") are not same troops. Of course there is nowhere mentioning about attacking civilians but what are those "soft targets on enemy country" that can be attacked?

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 06:15
No one really cares about rules in war. Say me a war where Geneve pact has been honoured?

Many recent ones actually. The US has certainly honoured it, to a very large extent.

Originally posted by Mahti

War is never fair and you are childish if you think that there is such things as "right" or "wrong" in war.

Yeah, ethics are so boring, let's go back to the Stone Age.

War is always wrong but if it happens then forget morality. Terrorism is war of the weak versus strong. Poor terrorists can't buy tanks so they have to improvise. Using "dirty tricks" to achieve something is ok for me. Another thing is mindless killing without purpose.

"Improvise" means killing innocent children? If they can blow up an office building they sure can find military targets too. Did the Resistance during WWII target innocent German civilians? Did the Finnish resort to terrorism in the Winter War?

And what comes to Finnish jgers, Finnish guerillas ("sissis") are not same troops. Of course there is nowhere mentioning about attacking civilians but what are those "soft targets on enemy country" that can be attacked?

Soft targets include military personell, depots, power supplies and generally non-armoured equipment. Say, where do you get the idea that this word mean terrorism from?

The reason I thought you meant the jgers is that most Scandinavian jgers are guerilla units.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 07:22

Originally posted by Vamun Tianshu

It is because of the arrogant westerners who interprate Muslims as religious radicals who seek to destroy civilization.I personally will not answer this question,but some people need to stop letting the media propaganda take its toll,some people are so ignorant,they would look for an easy way to look at things and be lazy then look at things at their own perspectives.

Thanks. Very well put. But this is the problem of so called democracies of western countries. They are ruled, derived and manipulated by media. 

Originally posted by Styborn

How about "Most terrorist groups that goes around killing innocent western women and children tend to be Muslim"?.

"Killing innocent western women and children". What kind of mentality is this? What Muslim terrorists killed any Europeans? or the problem is between Arab Muslims and America / Israel?

How can you distort the facts? Did you became so blind that you could not even see that "Muslim terrorism" has come to agenda after cold war and after September the 11th. If there is a problem in Islam as you have put the issue so what about during and before cold war?

It seems like Americans and Israelis would become successful in distorting the target. This is a clear propaganda. They are trying to find allies to themselves and they have successfully put the issue as "western Christianity against Islam". This will be also a justification for further attacks to Syria and Iran. Sorry but if Europeans are so blind there is nothing to say more. By creating a tension Americans are also playing with internal social balances of some countries such as France containing high number of Muslims. (Just remind the American reactions to France about Iraq issue. So that it would be easy to take them in the same line with American and Israel politics).

Dear Styborn most Swedish people were supporting PKK terrorists in Turkey who were killing innocent Turkish villagers including children and women. You were calling them "freedom fighters".  What happened to you? You have clearly double standards. I hope you can save yourself from Nazi like Swedish state propaganda mechanism. 

I am repeating my question. What Muslim terrorists killed Europeans?

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 08:12
You misunderstood. Did you read the following posts? If so you should have noticed I said it as an answer of the topic question. Whether or not it is a real threat or not is completely irrelevant in that regard.

What people see is terrorist attacks in Israel, the US, Indonesia, Russia, the list goes on, commited by Muslims. Whether the reason is political or religious is lost, especially if the terrorists ramble about god while doing it. It is easier to see the non-religious reason behind such crimes if they are commited by people of the same religion. Like IRA for example, Christians will know that not all Christians are like that, because well, they're christians themselves. But when everything you here about Muslims on the news is yet another bombing, your mind will not be as objective. We're talking perception here, not whether this religion is better than another. Education and understanding will prevent I suppose (and turkey's inclusion in the EU will help too, at least in the long run).

I'm not saying terrorist acts are THE reason of making people dislike Muslims, I'm saying it isn't good for Muslim PR.

I am repeating my question. What Muslim terrorists killed Europeans?

I never said anything the like, and whether or not they have does not support or contradict what I said.
But just for the record, Russians have often been hit, and the (Al Qaida-supported) bombings on Bali a few years ago were targeted at tourists, or "infidel westerners", mostly Europeans and Australians. And many people in Europe regard themselves as "Western" as "European" anyway.

Dear Styborn most Swedish people were supporting PKK terrorists in Turkey who were killing innocent Turkish villagers including children and women. You were calling them "freedom fighters". What happened to you? You have clearly double standards. I hope you can save yourself from Nazi like Swedish state propaganda mechanism.

I don't know what the Turkish media feeds you with but a majority of the Swedes probably doesn't even know what PKK is/was. No one here called them freedom fighters either - the normal designation in the media was "guerilla" or "terrorist group", and they didn't have any support whatsoever (I'd expect some fringe commie group to support them though, but I wouldn't count that).

The last sentence, well... What "Nazi-like propaganda mechanism" are you talking about, seeing that the government doesn't control a single communication line to the public? Swedish media is internationally regarded as free and objective.

They are ruled, derived and manipulated by media.

Please elaborate. How are they ruled by the media? Free media is known as the Third Power because of its influence on public opinion and use as a superivising and reporting source, but since this is a common denominator of all societies - including Turkey - (with exceptions being where its banned or statecontrolled, where it's merely a tentacle of the ruling class), I don't see why bring it up. Further they don't have any direct control either, they might be able to cause havoc in the political lines, bringing forth scandals and abuse of power, but I'd hardly call that a bad thing.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 09:04

Ever since the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, moslem freedom fighters have been active in repressed areas of the world. They have tried to preserve an identity and freedom of religion (Afghanistan, Bosnia, Kossovo). With lack of western attention to their quest, and ignorance of the west's own initiative to demonize anything foreign, such moslem freedom fighters turned into a mechanism for not only self perpetuation but for asserting rights in a way that leads to clashes with other cultures. When taken too far, its easy for the demented ones' to propagate terrorism to promote such causes. 

Terrorism now has taken a form of dispicable behavior that pollutes any peace loving peoples and peaceful motives for moral citizenship in the larger community of man.

Terrorism is a disease of poverty, ideation, corruptive power, oppression and megalomania. Certainly the focus is, deservedly, on  the wrongfull behaviors and corrupt ideologies of "moslem" terrorism.

Yet one can also look at what fuels terrorism of this kind. Perhaps it's the usurption of culture, forcefull bullying of ideology, and fundamentalism of an empirialistic agenda that wants to turn a blind eye to the needs of the world community at large. In other words, if you interfere with Corporate "____" you will be punished. If you don't support the party line from your government's policies, than your a terrorist. Historical animosities and political battles should be taken for just that. They have very little to do with religion. Only the ignorant will be persuaded to fall under the wishes of terrorists'. Terrorist's causes are not of a relligious nature. They are a diseased form of asserting one's beliefs at the lack of regard for the rights of others. Terrorism is played out by fringe parties and by governmental policies.

Edited by Seko
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 11:06
Originally posted by Degredado

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Well, did you ever tried to find out the reason of their attacks?

O.K. I'm curious. What are the reasons?

As for me, I wouldn't be so irked by Islam if it weren't for the rhetoric spouted by the self righteous and by Islamic apologists.

You're curious? Did you ever try to read some newspaper or watch news??? I accept that killing inoocent people have no excuse, but as everyone see United States and England are murdering innocent Muslims, including defenceless babies and women sleeping in their houses withot any cure for their illness because of the ambargos, and people who try to take somekind of shelter by sleeping near mosques... Yeah man... If you had all your family killed by a violent invader soldier, your brothers by ignorant bombardement, and their families because of the lack of medicine, believe me, you would want to erase that nation from earth...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 11:19
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Well, did you ever tried to find out the reason of their attacks?

Nothing excuses the killing of innocent women and children (and men, let's not be sexist). I simply don't care about their reason.

Maybe some western "barbarians" which seem to be "democratic" for all human beings in world media???

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what you mean. Please rephrase.

When you're talking about women and children murders, you should have a look at all ones, including Muslim women and children victims' numbers if your ideology sees them as "human-beings"...

Que? I only answered the question what might cause fear/hatred of Muslims, not making some general anti-Muslim statement. The fact that these madmen kill Muslims too is unfortunately easily forgotten when your wife or kid is killed in a terrorist attack.

I totally accept that there is no excuse for killing innocent people, but the USA and other westerns cant realize that I think...

Also I meant USA by "western barbarians" who is shown as democratic for mankind, but never cares about these things at all... Just look at all these violence in middle east and afghanistan...

And please, some emphaty...

You're saying when your kids and wife are killed by a terrorist, but do the American soldiers in Iraq or Afghantistan have any difference with these people??? Well, at least the terrorists have somekind of reason... ( I dont mean they are right, I mean USA kills innocent people for senseless ideology, but these "terrorists" are trying to protect their country from invaders who killed their families! )

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 11:21

Originally posted by Styrbiorn

You misunderstood. Did you read the following posts? If so you should have noticed I said it as an answer of the topic question. Whether or not it is a real threat or not is completely irrelevant in that regard.

I have read but I have misunderstood. Sorry about it...

In fact I was very surprised since I was not expecting something like this from you..... I thought that Swedish media was writing something like this.

white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 13:05
"Parts of America are like parts of the Middle East, and where the constitution not there to protect rights, it is likely certain states would be like a Christian taliban.

I have heard stories about that state and the control by a certain religion, mainly in small towns."

well those stories you heard are wrong. dead wrong.
the mormon church doesn't control the people. it advises them on what they should do, it doesn't tell them that they must do it. its what we call free agency, one of the doctrines of the mormon church.

"lol, you hit the nail on the head there! Though I wouldnt call Mrmons Christians....they are ...soemthing else Im not sure what exactly"

no, i would call them chirstians. why don't you think that they arn't? WE believe that christ is the messiah and that he atoned for our sins with his death. that is the only requirement to actually be a christian.
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 13:39
In America one of the most sacred rights is the freedom of religion and free speech. If a Muslim converts to another religion it is their right in the U.S. and should be around the world. If a Christian, Hindu or Jew becomes a Muslim it is their right to choose. It is sad that a few do not see it this way. My ancestors came here for the freedom and of religion and it is something we should fight for, even though I choose not to join a particular religious view. This is not an attack on Muslim but incidents like this does affect the international attitudes towards Islam, especially in the west.

Copts fear Christian conversion sparked unsolved murders

More details on the Armanious case from Maria Sliwa in WorldNetDaily:

Family members who viewed the bodies say they suspect the brutal slayings were a warning not to proselytize to Muslims. They say that the body of Sylvia Armanious was clearly the most viciously attacked in the killings, causing them to wonder if it was because she was too vocal in sharing her faith.

"Sylvia talked about Jesus to everyone," her uncle Ayman Garas said. "She was extremely religious."

On Jan. 14, the bodies of Amal Garas, 37, her husband, Hossam Armanious, 47, and their daughters, Sylvia, 15, and Monica, 8, were found in their home bound and gagged, with puncture wounds to their throats. The unsolved murders were thrust into the spotlight again earlier this month, when the relatives of the victims went to Washington, D.C., to meet with lawmakers and hold a press conference on their concerns about the case.

"We aren't looking for trouble, we are just looking for the facts," Emil Garas, an uncle of one of the victims, said....

A number of Sylvia's friends, who attend the Mid East Evangelical church, say a problem ensued after Sylvia befriended the Muslim daughter of a Halal butcher she encouraged to convert to Christianity. They say that they fear Sylvia's Christian influence on this girl may have provoked the harsh retribution that followed....

According to information obtained by Robert Spencer, the director of Jihad Watch, from sources close to the murders, the Halal butcher had planned the killing for months and several of his accomplices are still in the country. Spencer says police are investigating these allegations.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/
Degredado View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Degredado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 13:47

You're curious? Did you ever try to read some newspaper or watch news???
Yes I do, but I still don't understand where your coming from with saying that American and British soldiers are entering into innocent Muslim's homes and killing women and children

Vou votar nas putas. Estou farto de votar nos filhos delas
Degredado View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Degredado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 13:55

I totally accept that there is no excuse for killing innocent people, but the USA and other westerns cant realize that I think...

Think what? You didn't finish what you were writing.

Also I meant USA by "western barbarians" who is shown as democratic for mankind, but never cares about these things at all

They do care. It just isn't that easy to make things move forward without someone getting hurt.

... Just look at all these violence in middle east and afghanistan...
Yeah you're absolutely right. Those Taliban people were running a fine show before those pesky Americans went and ruined everything

And please, some emphaty...
I wonder if you have any empathy. Let's say that a Muslim nation attacks a non-muslim nation and occupies it. Would you be out in the streets protesting? Or would you be cheering?

You're saying when your kids and wife are killed by a terrorist, but do the American soldiers in Iraq or Afghantistan have any difference with these people???

As a matter of fact, there is a very big difference. The soldiers don't target civilians. Terrorists do. Soldiers go for the man with the gun. Terrorists don't. Soldiers act violently towards a country that has declared war on them. Terrorists just don't care.

Well, at least the terrorists have somekind of reason...
Like that Manson guy

( I dont mean they are right, I mean USA kills innocent people for senseless ideology, but these "terrorists" are trying to protect their country from invaders who killed their families! )
It's not a senseless ideology. Freedom of speech, worship, etc., etc. is worth dying and killing for. And what terrorists are you talking about? Oh yeah, the Curds in Turkey, right? 

Vou votar nas putas. Estou farto de votar nos filhos delas
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 14:57

"Think what? You didn't finish what you were writing."

I meant I think USA and other westerners cant realize this...

"They do care. It just isn't that easy to make things move forward without someone getting hurt."

They do care? Yeah, these million dollars worth perfect planes, sheltering camps targeted smart missles, ignorant US soldiers killing innocent people on purpose and torturing Iragi people in military camps (opposite behavior for Genoa Congress and HUMANITY), and repeating mean sentences like "crusades" really show how much they care...

"Yeah you're absolutely right. Those Taliban people were running a fine show before those pesky Americans went and ruined everything"

I didnt say anything about the past reggimes. But creating bigger chaoses doesnt end the violence of the existing regime at all. Just look at the situation once. The taliban regyme was torturing the people, and by bombing the victims, US ended all the pain, didnt they?! Bad logic...

"I wonder if you have any empathy. Let's say that a Muslim nation attacks a non-muslim nation and occupies it. Would you be out in the streets protesting? Or would you be cheering?"

What about being a Muslim or not? You show your religious differing by this sentence. You dont have to be a Muslim to be a human. My ideas are for every religious group without differing. Because I dont judge people according to their religion. But If such thing happens  (a Muslim country invades a non-Muslim country) it depends of which country is it and which side is right in the war...

"As a matter of fact, there is a very big difference. The soldiers don't target civilians. Terrorists do. Soldiers go for the man with the gun. Terrorists don't. Soldiers act violently towards a country that has declared war on them. Terrorists just don't care."

No, the soldiers do target civilians. One of the newest things I watched on news about this Iraq issue was that an american soldier killed a defenceless and innocent man in front of a mosque where he was trying to take shelter to protect his daughter from american fire. They shot him because he couldnt communicate with them (as they say). Also you cant judge hoal population of a country such as Iraq as enemy only with the behavior of a dictator who tortures his country...

"It's not a senseless ideology. Freedom of speech, worship, etc., etc. is worth dying and killing for. And what terrorists are you talking about? Oh yeah, the Curds in Turkey, right? "

Yeah, freedom of speech... Didnt USA citizens have freedom of speech before invading Iraq? If you mean freedom for Iraqi citizens, you must realize that by collecting a minority of ethnic groups population in another majority ethnic groups city on purpose to avoid their political freedoms and form an independent puppet state for your goods dont seem to be for creating political equality and freedom at all...

About the Kurd issue... Turks didnt kill Kurds' families. This is even not declared by Kurd terrorist groups. Their wish is to build an independent country in Turkish bordered lands, accepted by all nations in Lausanne Agreement. So their purpose is not to protect the country that feeds them and they belong. Their purpose is to divide that country. So this illegal action can be compared with the American operation, which has the same purpose, to seperate countries...

Le Renard View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Le Renard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 20:13

lol, you hit the nail on the head there!  Though I wouldnt call Mrmons Christians....they are ...soemthing else Im not sure what exactly

I disagree with you on that one.  Mormons believe in Christ as the savior and redeemer of the world, just like all other Christains.  I agree with white dragon!

Le Renard View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Le Renard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 20:17

Originally posted by eaglecap

Parts of America are like parts of the Middle East, and where the constitution not there to protect rights, it is likely certain states would be like a Christian taliban.

I have heard stories about that state and the control by a certain religion, mainly in small towns.

The mormon church teaches us to live a certian way, but we have Free Agency as White Dragon has stated.  We are not forced to do anything.  We have consequenses for our actions, but we have our own choices.  The church does not rule with an iron fist. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>