Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Patriotism's Struggle...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Patriotism's Struggle...
    Posted: 10-Nov-2007 at 19:25

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey

Just a food for thought from Searchanddestory's banner.

Think of a situation. Your nation is in total chaos. Your government is incapable of maintaing security and order. Economical collaspe seems inevitable, and the nation's military is threatening for a coup.

And there's a neighboring nation with powerful military with healthy economy. That nation seems to be exactly the opposite of what your nation is. There are some rumors that that country will invade your nation, claiming to restore the stability of the government and the economy.

And you, a loyal patriot, now faces a dilemma. Will you let your neighboring nation to conquer your beloved land? Or will you fight to your death from foreign power?

Join us.
Illirac View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Illirac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 12:56

I do not know...I think I would not die for a country that never has done nothing for me...an example: If somehow Croatia gets in these situation and a nearby country invaded it I would not defend it. Reasons: the idi*t of politicians we have here, second what will I recive after the end of the war?...I would probably run in another close neutral country

Edited by Illirac - 11-Nov-2007 at 12:56
For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it.
Illirac View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Illirac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 13:00
Someone will tell I'm a cowerd but I think my life is more important than the indipendence of "my beloved land"(my home is where I feel it's my home...and if my home is invaded I'll find another)
For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 13:18
I love my land by I distrust my government.

If I have to send my children to die in a world I demand to be put in charge of immigrantion to block foreigners from comming. Otherwise, if my kids die will be in vain!

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 15:14
Well I always see my country as the people, not the Government. The Constitution starts off as "We the People", and I believe in that, but my government seems to follow more in "Follow the Corporations". If this sort of thing were to happen some how to my country, I would fight the invader. If for some reason or some how this invader was defeated, it would mean a new beginning and a chance to make the government truely for the people and not money and greed.
But it seems now people are waking up that our government is infact broken. More are leaving the party they once voted for and are registering as independents in large numbers. The idea of a third party is discussed more and people that were once the staunches supporters of their party now agree that these two parties are too alike and change does need to happen. Unfortunatly, I believe that we are a few elections off from ousting the two party system, and depending on how popular the next president is, we may not change. But, there is the hope that change can happen in a more stable matter.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 23:41
The enemies invasion should provide the power needed for a military take over of my country, which as the civilian government has obviously failed so badly I would support and back.

In other words, I'd back my military to take care of the invaders, and the security situation.
longshanks31 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2007 at 00:08
tricky question, i fought in a war to save someone elses country so i cant see myself backing away from a struggle to protect my own.
To steal the title of a manic street preachers song "if you tolerate this then your children will be next"
long live the king of bhutan
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2014 at 05:18
Originally posted by pekau

Just a food for thought from Searchanddestory's banner.

Think of a situation. Your nation is in total chaos. Your government is incapable of maintaing security and order. Economical collaspe seems inevitable, and the nation's military is threatening for a coup.

And there's a neighboring nation with powerful military with healthy economy. That nation seems to be exactly the opposite of what your nation is. There are some rumors that that country will invade your nation, claiming to restore the stability of the government and the economy.

And you, a loyal patriot, now faces a dilemma. Will you let your neighboring nation to conquer your beloved land? Or will you fight to your death from foreign power?
Who was it that said, Patriotism is the refuge of Scoundrels"?
 Post Reply Post Reply