Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Axis of Evil" is Based on Reality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Scytho-Sarmatian View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Scytho-Sarmatian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Axis of Evil" is Based on Reality
    Posted: 26-Feb-2005 at 06:49

It seems North Korea and Iran really are friends and are cooperating with each other against the United States and its allies.

Here's the link:http://asia.news.yahoo.com/050225/ap/d88fjtg00.html

dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote dark_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2005 at 09:19
 Well North Korea and Iran do cooperate on missiles (one designs the other tests) because IIRC North Korea signed some sort of agreement saying that it would not test missiles.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2005 at 11:05

Those are kafirs, the friend of Mullahs is just the Allah!

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2005 at 12:30
Axis of evil?Yes it does exist.USA-NATO-UN-Israel.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2005 at 18:22

Originally posted by Spartakus

How can you say that when NATO members like France and Germany didn't support the US in Iraq, and neither did the UN.  Way to have a coherent argument.

Member of IAEA
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2005 at 04:53
if the axis of evil does exist Iraq was not a member, Iran and Iraq hated each other and all logical evidence points to that any re-armament by Saddam was more targeted against the Iranians than Americans..I think a more logical axis would be Iran-North Korea-Saudi Arabia
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Kuu-ukko View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kuu-ukko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2005 at 14:27
I say good for them. Someone standing up against the world police.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2005 at 14:27
Originally posted by Genghis

How can you say that when NATO members like France and Germany didn't support the US in Iraq, and neither did the UN.  Way to have a coherent argument.

Tell me did the UN do sth more to stop the war in Irak or Germany or France  to stop the war in Irak than protesting?No.After all,it's ridiculous even to think of it, since the alliance of those 2 countries is made because USA is bulling them.It's common military logic,when you have a superpower and a whole alliance9military and economical one) of nations against your country you are not going to confront them alone.   
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2005 at 14:31
Moreover,NATo is not only France and Germany....
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2005 at 23:51

Tell me did the UN do sth more to stop the war in Irak or Germany or France  to stop the war in Irak than protesting?No.After all,it's ridiculous even to think of it, since the alliance of those 2 countries is made because USA is bulling them.It's common military logic,when you have a superpower and a whole alliance9military and economical one) of nations against your country you are not going to confront them alone.   

Of course they didn't, what else could they have reasonably done.  That's all anyone can do without becoming an archenemy America.

Member of IAEA
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2005 at 23:54

Originally posted by Kuu-ukko

I say good for them. Someone standing up against the world police.

Oh yes, because they stand up against the "world police" you're going to support the world's worst police states.  And let them stand up all they want, let's see what will happen.  American power will not back down, the Iranian mullahs and Kim Jong Il are puny little bugs American can crush easily unless the American public wimps out.

Member of IAEA
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 09:03
Originally posted by From the first post's quote

North Korea has made a series of comments emphasizing its ties with Iran since Feb. 10, when it announced that it has nuclear weapons and said it would boycott nuclear disarmament talks with the United States and its allies.

Notice the date. It was was a few weeks ago. The real question is, was there an "axis of evil" before Bush invented it? Didn't Bush clue these dictators who their buddies should be? In other words, these dictatorships wouldn't be cooperating if it were not because Bush gave them the tip to do so.

Personally, I have a problem with the name "axis-of-evil." Are we living in comic book world now? What is NATO, "The Super Friends?"

How about Bush calling these dictatorship by their real name: "the dictatorships-that-won't-do-what-we-say" or more truthfully, "the-countries-we-will-invade...unless-you-got-nukes." I thought he was supposed to be a straight talker.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 16:49

Of course they didn't, what else could they have reasonably done.  That's all anyone can do without becoming an archenemy America.

So,you ratify my words.
Kuu-ukko View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kuu-ukko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 08:59
Originally posted by hugoestr

Was there an "axis of evil" before Bush invented it?

II. How about Bush calling these dictatorship by their real name: "the dictatorships-that-won't-do-what-we-say" or more truthfully, "the-countries-we-will-invade...unless-you-got- nukes." I thought he was supposed to be a straight talker.

No. The term is invented to justify US of A's policy on non-americas-view-of-democratic worlds.

II. Exactly.
Earl
Earl

Quote Scytho-Sarmatian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2005 at 05:56
Military ties between North Korea and Iran and North Korea and Iraq have been in existence for many years.  Specifically, N.K. had been supplying Saddam (before Gulf War I) and is continuing to supply Iran with Scud-type missiles.  All this had been going on well before 2001, of course.  According to an article I read about 5 years ago by William Safire, N. Korean agents had been working with Iraqi agents in Sudan in developing WMD.  I also read recently that N. Korean agents are currently active in Iran.  All three countries have a record of state-sponsored terrorism.  The list goes on and on...
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2005 at 15:47
Well, by that token, there was another country that had ties with Saddam before the Gulf War, supplied terrorists with weapons, had agents in different countries, and took down several democratically elected countries. Yet the U.S. is not part of the countries-we'd-loved-too-bomb.

As I said, Bush told the Iranians and the N. Koreans that they should create an alliance when he declared them the targets-of-Rumsfeld.

Besides of being singled out and being terrible dictatorships, those countries do not have anything in common.

To spell it out: Bush created the alliance when he gave his speech. He is creating dangers for the Americans with his big mouth.

I am not a fan of the Iranian or N. Korean government. They should be punished. But I don't trust Bush to be the person who will successfully do it.

By the way, where are those Iraqi WMDs?

Edited by hugoestr
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2005 at 17:04
If the main qualification for membership in the "Axis of Evil" was the possesion of large arsenals of nuclear weapons and other WMDs, the the USA surely would get presidency of the board of directors.

If the main qualification was the continous support of terrorist organisations, then the the USA would get honorary membership. They have supported virtually every right-wing armed terror group in the recent Middle- and South-American history.

If the main qualification was the fact that the member country was ruled by a religious fundamentalist clique that got into power by very dubious means, then the USA has the all the rights to be in same club as the Iran, for example.

The sheer arrogance and rightousness of the Bush-Haliburton administration is mind-boggling. What gives them the right to decide what country to possess nuclear weapons or not? Get rid of your own stuff, then we are talking.
I'm far more frightened of a military power with the potential to blow up the whole planet that is controlled by a cynical and unprincipaled bunch of "Christian" fundamentalists, than by the pin-pot dictatorships of North-Korea and the like.

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2005 at 22:31

Originally posted by Komnenos

What gives them the right to decide what country to possess nuclear weapons or not?

The right is totally irrelevant, it is the power that matters.

"I begin by taking. I shall find scholars later to demonstrate my perfect right."
-Frederick the Great

Member of IAEA
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2005 at 01:16

Originally posted by Komnenos

What gives them the right to decide what country to possess nuclear weapons or not?

The right is totally irrelevant, it is the power that matters.

<SPAN =>"I begin by taking. I shall find scholars later to demonstrate my perfect right."</SPAN> -Frederick the Great

Absolutely. I rest my case.
(I think that must be the first time I agree with any of your political statements.)

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Earl
Earl

Quote Scytho-Sarmatian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2005 at 05:38
Post edited for violating AE regulations.

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>