Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Woman more conservative?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woman more conservative?
    Posted: 12-Oct-2007 at 23:38

Are there some evidence that supports that women are more conservative compare to men?

(Just a stupid debate topic..., nothing personal..)

Join us.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2007 at 04:07
I've heard that in France women tend to vote more conservative than men. However in America men are more likely to vote conservative.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2007 at 17:02
I have heard it too, I suppose it is true.

I think that perhaps in some areas, women might be more conservative due to less education than men. This does not apply to France or the US of course. Innovation, change and progress are often made by an educated elite, which often inludes less women than men. It might also have something to do with women being the ones to care for the kids. When your biggest priority is to make sure your children grow up safe and healthy, taking the safe road often seems the best way.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2007 at 18:58
It also depends on what you define as conservative.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2007 at 19:35
There already is a topic on this: http://www.allempires.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=20254
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2007 at 06:52

I think that perhaps in some areas, women might be more conservative due to less education than men.

And since when is conservatism caused by lack of education?

When your biggest priority is to make sure your children grow up safe and healthy, taking the safe road often seems the best way.

I would say that this would mean women should as a rule vote conservative, since conservatism wants to maintain the status quo, which means stability, which is what mothers want to have for their children.

Women though as a rule should vote progressive as it seeks to change the status quo, as modern society is still patriarchal in many facets of society. However this is only important for individuals, as a family unit it doesn't matter if it's in a male or female dominated world because either way one of the spouse's benefits work for the other, while the negatives are less meaningful (again talking as a family unit).

So basically in societies that emphasize motherhood and family, you should find more conservatives, and in societies that emphasize individuality and less emphasis on families you'll find more progressives.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
 Post Reply Post Reply