Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

9/11 - The Ultimate Con

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 9/11 - The Ultimate Con
    Posted: 10-Oct-2007 at 11:59
Originally posted by Constantine XI

OR, in the less vigilant days before 9/11 they were not so stringent. So perhaps the guy was not a terrorist, but had links to people who were involved with some undesirable characters. Before 9/11, they were not so strict on who boarded a plane.

I'm fairly certain that if a passport came up with a warrant as a terrorist then they wouldn't exactly let them on the plane. The fact remains that it was on the day that they found the passport that they announced he was one of the hijackers. One could only be that certain if one already had prior knowledge. They could not have done a comprehensive investigation on him in that time.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2007 at 12:43
Define terrorist though. What exactly did he do before 9/11? Was it really serious enough for them to prevent him getting on the plane? Were they even stringent enough back then to make such a fuss over it at the airport?
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2007 at 12:51
Someone can manipulate evidence to suit any agenda or political abstraction; ie, The Mary Magdalene conspiracy. We should recognise the 9/11 conspiracy theories for what they are - a psuedo-history.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2007 at 14:43
Originally posted by Parnell

Someone can manipulate evidence to suit any agenda or political abstraction; ie, The Mary Magdalene conspiracy. We should recognise the 9/11 conspiracy theories for what they are - a psuedo-history.

And what distinguishes your opinion and convictions from those of whom believe that there was a conspiracy? Anyone can ream off the 'manipulate evidence' spiel, but why do you actually believe that the conpiracy is pseudo-history...?

What agenda is the conspiracy theory forwarding...? The goddam liberal agenda I suppose?

Fact is that the facts don't add up and whether or not the American Government perpertrated the attack, there is more to this story than they would lead us to believe. 
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2007 at 16:11
Films like Loose Change (Which I have watched) manipulate evidence, making good use of powerful music and stirring narrative to invoke anger within us. The evidence provided in Loose Change for example, doesn't use the traditional way of gathering evidence in order to find a truth. Loose Change was developed from the offset to advance someone's agenda, not to find the truth. Anyway, I have seen a documentary by the BBC which completely and utterly refuted Loose Changes points, displaying the fundamental flaws in the manner in which they collected evidence. 
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2007 at 12:27
Who's agenda was loose change advancing?

How was the BBC evidence gathered differently in order to validate it with regard to the apparent invalidities of the Loose Change evidence gathering?

Can you explain the lack of wreckage at both the pentagon and the flight that crashed in the field? What about two black boxes both supposedly vaporised, yet are made froma metal that will not melt even at the temperature rockt fuel burns at? What about the fact that the American Government released the passport of the suicide bomber, supposedly recovered from the wreckage of the trade centres, despite the fact that the black box was vaporised, the plane hit on the 80th floor, there were millions of tonnes of wreckage and debris, and the entire plane when it hit was engulfed in a huge fireball? These discrepencies were not addressed by the bbc, and I would like you to elaborate as to how the methods used to gather evidence were different in both execution and validity, because I cannot see how they are.

Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2007 at 17:10
There are red herrings in everything - coincidences even. To suggest that a few strange occurances imply conspiracy to murder on a mass scale by the government is a little hard to take. Have you ever asked yourself how such an elaborate plot which undoubtedly would have gathered hundreds of individuals to work on could have worked so well and not have had even one person hint that something was amiss? In a conspiracy that large, people would have squeeled. Its human nature.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 07:16
Of course 9/11 was a consipracy. We can be pretty certain it wasn't an accident. The official story is a consipracy theory itself -> Al Qaedia conspired to destroy the buildings. 
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 15:37
Well duh. All I'm saying is that to suggest it was a government conspiracy is a little hard to take, never mind nigh on impossible. The one thing I would concede is that there is a possibility the government allowed it to happen seeing the potential ability to go in to Iraq, seeing as Cheny, Rumsfeld and co. had wanted to go in as far back as 1999.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 18:40
I agree with you, Parnell, to an extent. I however disagree with your assertion about the possible intentions of the administration allowing the attack to happen. If they allowed it to happen so that they could then go into Iraq then the Iraq war would have happened much sooner than it did. I personally think that they didn't take the threat seriously and the same can be said for the previous administration. However there is no evidence that points to any governmental conspiracy or complicity, especially when you take into that for a conspiracy that big somebody would have come out of the wood work and said something, whether it be a journalist who interviewed survivors and people in on the conspiracy (for this the journalist would most definately win a Pulitzer Price, quite the feather in the cap) or just a conspiritor with a conscience.
bgturk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote bgturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 23:38
I sincerely believe that we do not know everything about the terrorist attacks of 9/11, and it is very likely that elements within the US government either had foreknowledge or directly participated in those attacks. 

I would recommend the 9/11 Press for Truth documentary, based on the accounts of the Jersey girls, available on google:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5589099104255077250&q=9-11&total=50716&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=9

Sveninarxao View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Sveninarxao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2007 at 23:50
I personally have watched a few of the 9/11 conspiracy documentaries out there, and for a long time, I believed them. Through discussions with other people I know though, and through my own critical analysis, lots of the so-called 'evidence' proving a conspiracy can be refuted.

I have come to the conclusion that the US government possibly could have known of the attack beforehand. I am not certain, but I am inclined to believe so. What I can say for the certain though is that, according to my own beliefs, the US government has benefited immensely from 9/11 for various reasons.
   1. The US economy thrives during states of war and when preparing for war. This is due to the humongous amount of contracting that is required to fight a war. This includes contracting for weapons manufacturers, weapons production, oil to supply vehicles, ability to open up new foreign markets, and much more. This is the military-industrial context, and by using the momentum from 9/11 to attack Afghanistan, and later on Iraq, the US government has greatly satisfied various parties in our economy who benefit from war.
    2. By fighting a succsesful war, the US could ideally  obtain better control of Oil and other resources in the region.
    3. The US government is able to set up a larger prescence in the middle East, benefiting its ally Israel. This could bring various benefits such as better political stabilization in the area, a stronger military base, or even a possible Vietnamesque domino theory of democracy  in the region.

Ehh, well thats all I wrote in a hurry. I'm sure there is more...

P.S. Woot, first post!
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 13:20
The presence of the US in Iraq (Who will be there more or less indefinately - they are building permanent bases all over the country) is both a strategic move and a political one. For one thing, it will discourage moderates in Iraq from getting ahead of themselves - if they do anything hasty, the US tanks and planes will pour out of the bases and begin attacks. The presence of the US in the region is a reminder to countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE etc. not to pull another cartel-esque move like in the 70's and of course, the vital oil which the US will do anything to ensure that they have enough of.

The US made its bed with the likes of Hussein back in the Cold War days. Its only right that it now has to lie in it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12