Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Empire: Total War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Empire: Total War
    Posted: 06-Oct-2007 at 13:33

That's right ladies and gentleman! The next instalment of the renowned, successful and straight-up awesome Total War series has been announced. No dates have been announced at this stage but it looks like they're a fair way in with the engine at least.

The new game, as your have probably guessed, is set in the colonial age. The time period is said to be between 1700 and 1800 with a focus on revolution and empire building.

Originally posted by Creative Assembly

Empire: Total War will be the greatest and most awe-inspiring Total War experience ever. This is a total revolution of the Total War series, featuring a brand new graphics engine and technology. The new, advanced graphics engine will include staggering real-time seascapes, new advanced landscape and flora systems, dynamic weather and new battle choreography and occupy-able and destructible battlefield buildings.

There are promises of bold new features:
  • Sea Battles
  • Overhauled Graphics
  • Three Continents
  • Enhanced interaction (trade, diplomacy, espionage and missions)
  • Animated campaign maps in which individual buildings will appear
  • Appearances of numerous historical figures
  • 10 playable factions
  • Dynamic weather
  • Occupy-able and destructible battlefield buildings
  • Fully destructible and realistic acting ships
  • Naval weather systems
  • Enhanced AI
  • More individual action by units, including misfires of notoriously unreliable gunpowder weaponry
  • Improved accessibility
  • Brand new multiplayer system
More details and screenshots can be found at http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/en/communityandforums/empire.html&nav=/en/6/8/
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2007 at 13:37
I'd rather have Rome 2: Total War.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2007 at 13:44
As nice as that would be... I like to see them expanding the franchise. Big%20smile
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2007 at 13:54
Originally posted by Zaitsev

There are promises of bold new features:
  • Sea Battles
  • Overhauled Graphics
  • Three Continents
  • Enhanced interaction (trade, diplomacy, espionage and missions)
  • Animated campaign maps in which individual buildings will appear
  • Appearances of numerous historical figures
  • 10 playable factions
  • Dynamic weather
  • Occupy-able and destructible battlefield buildings
  • Fully destructible and realistic acting ships
  • Naval weather systems
  • Enhanced AI
  • More individual action by units, including misfires of notoriously unreliable gunpowder weaponry
  • Improved accessibility
  • Brand new multiplayer system
More details and screenshots can be found at http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/en/communityandforums/empire.html&nav=/en/6/8/

Thanks for the heads up Zaitsev. I've always wanted naval battles in total war! The new features and functions look excellent - can't wait!

- Knights -
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2007 at 16:18
So far im not to impressed by it. But i should also keep in mind that just becuase a game gives off an unimpressionable vibe, doesnt mean that it will suck. So i'll definately pre-order it and judge then.
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2007 at 22:26
I am glad to see them finally implement a naval system, however, I have lost a good deal of interest in the total war series lately.  I have become enamored with Paradox games like Europa Universalis II and Hearts of Iron.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2007 at 06:12
That looks fantastic, and I'm not bored of MTW2 yet.

I think the Total war engine should adapt itself well to colonial style battles. Certainly I love gunpowder heavy armies in mtw2.
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2007 at 21:23
Yes, but I'm so pedantic about history that I would see inaccuracies that would make me cringe immediatley
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2007 at 13:53
Originally posted by Feanor

Yea the first one I got was Medieval2TW so I'm new but I wish I would have gotten Rome.

The need to make a Rome 2 Total War ughh the 1700's and 1800's ewww lol
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 02:34
Originally posted by Justinian

I am glad to see them finally implement a naval system, however, I have lost a good deal of interest in the total war series lately.  I have become enamored with Paradox games like Europa Universalis II and Hearts of Iron.

Quiet the opposite, I've put HOI2 and EU3 aside, and am playing MTWII with various mods at the moment.

The naval battle alone makes getting ETW worthwhile...naval battle during the Napoleonic era...HELLO!!!LOL
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 03:14
^^ How would you rate the naval system babyblue?  All I've seen are some pictures and reviews but it looks breathtaking. 

Edit:  Ugh, I have been so distracted lately I forgot it isn't even out yet.Confused

Edited by Justinian - 14-Dec-2007 at 03:16
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2007 at 21:49
Medieval II's gameplay wasn't that good (worse than Rome's and both worse than Medieval I's). I personally have lost interest in TW games.
I'll certainly play the Empire TW, but I don't have that high expectations.

Btw, naval battles with several ships must be difficult to simulate. Still, it will be interesting.

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
nova roma View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote nova roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 00:40

amen, amen. we can only hope that CA will create Rome 2 right after Empire, it only makes sense. Rome is easily the best of the Total War series, and seems to be a fan favorite as well.
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 00:59
Will it be as disguistingly historically innaccurate as all of the others in the series Wink?
Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 01:03
Lol, I wish they go back to Asia... lets have a China: Total War! LOL
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 01:06
THAT WOULD BE GREAT! You could get Mongol Khanates, Chinese Dynasties, perhaps even some of the Indo-chinese ones like the Chola and Champa and some of the massive Arabian caliphates.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 01:26
Originally posted by nova roma

Rome is easily the best of the Total War series, and seems to be a fan favorite as well.

What makes you think that Rome is the best of the series?

Aside from visuals (graphics) Rome comes pretty poor in all other areas compared with previous TW games.

Lol, I wish they go back to Asia... lets have a China: Total War!

That would be interesting for sure. Which era would be the best? I would go for Ming times.

Edited by axeman - 31-Dec-2007 at 01:32
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 01:49
Warring States Era would be interesting. Mongol expansion would be great as well - from Indonesia and Vietnam west to Syria, Egypt and Eastern Europe!
Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 01:51
I was thinking of times when China is divided, personally I would go with the Warring State Period and with the goal of uniting all the other states to become China. I just think playing a unified China is abit too big and complicated but then again I would love to fight the Japanese and the Muslims as the Chinese in the later periods! LOL

Lol, Knights got to it before me Tongue

Edited by Kamikaze 738 - 31-Dec-2007 at 01:51
nova roma View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote nova roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 11:52
Originally posted by axeman

Originally posted by nova roma

Rome is easily the best of the Total War series, and seems to be a fan favorite as well.

What makes you think that Rome is the best of the series?

Aside from visuals (graphics) Rome comes pretty poor in all other areas compared with previous TW games.

Well, I never got into Shogun or the first Medieval, but I love the game dynamics of Rome. It's more simple and straight forward. The battles are fought at a faster pace, and I love the idea of conquering all these civs only to lead up to a grand civil war. M2 has some nice features for sure, I like the religion system and little things like changing the unit queue system, plus dealing with diplomacy is a bit easy. However, these are all moot points when compared to what really matters: the battle experience.

I play using the RTR mod most of the time, it's a huge change but it always gives me interesting results.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>