Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Empire: Total War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Empire: Total War
    Posted: 18-Jan-2009 at 19:31
Originally posted by nova roma

Originally posted by Copperknickers

The fact is, it is no longer aimed at the hardcore history and gameplay fans, it just has to look snazzy and it will fly off the shelves, bought by the new wave of 15 year old casual gamers. The mods will certainly help though, and it is very good at what it is trying to do.

Out of interest, what exactly do you find wrong with the previews? They look pretty impressive to me.

truth. but the mods, dude! the mods!

mods can only change so much (see those Napoleon: TW mods) and remember you don't spend money on mods but on crappy games that need to eb further enhanced by such mods.
Nickmard View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Nickmard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2009 at 16:58
I have been playing the game since the day it came out, and its been a blast. The AI is still retarded like all other TW games , but still fun. The multiplayer Campain will be fun when it released in forthcoming patch.

Great game...
Maciej View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Maciej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2009 at 05:16
I just got around to picking it up a few days ago. The combat is brilliant like in all TW games but I don't see it keeping my interest for longer than a few more days maybe. The battles are tons of fun and great to watch but the game play itself gets very boring. Diplomacy is very primitive and all you really need to do to win is spam build tons of troops to overwhelm your enemy. I was hoping that they would improve the diplomatic features in this game compared to the other TW games as well as give more features, it seems like they did the complete opposite. Medieval 2 I want to say was better than this one. 
TheEarthIsFlat View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote TheEarthIsFlat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2010 at 12:53
All in all a great game. The AI Kind of sucks, like said before, the diplomacy is rudimentary, and what is with opposing factions (especially much weaker ones) declaring war with you at random? Even though it has problems, I still love watching the line infantry fire volleys back and fourth, or watching an opposing army send a cavalry charge, only to be disrupted by some grapeshot. I will be playing this game for a long time.
I'm not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234