Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Empire: Total War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
TheEarthIsFlat View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheEarthIsFlat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Empire: Total War
    Posted: 18-Feb-2010 at 12:53
All in all a great game. The AI Kind of sucks, like said before, the diplomacy is rudimentary, and what is with opposing factions (especially much weaker ones) declaring war with you at random? Even though it has problems, I still love watching the line infantry fire volleys back and fourth, or watching an opposing army send a cavalry charge, only to be disrupted by some grapeshot. I will be playing this game for a long time.
I'm not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it.
Maciej View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Maciej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2009 at 05:16
I just got around to picking it up a few days ago. The combat is brilliant like in all TW games but I don't see it keeping my interest for longer than a few more days maybe. The battles are tons of fun and great to watch but the game play itself gets very boring. Diplomacy is very primitive and all you really need to do to win is spam build tons of troops to overwhelm your enemy. I was hoping that they would improve the diplomatic features in this game compared to the other TW games as well as give more features, it seems like they did the complete opposite. Medieval 2 I want to say was better than this one. 
Nickmard View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Nickmard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2009 at 16:58
I have been playing the game since the day it came out, and its been a blast. The AI is still retarded like all other TW games , but still fun. The multiplayer Campain will be fun when it released in forthcoming patch.

Great game...
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2009 at 19:31
Originally posted by nova roma

Originally posted by Copperknickers

The fact is, it is no longer aimed at the hardcore history and gameplay fans, it just has to look snazzy and it will fly off the shelves, bought by the new wave of 15 year old casual gamers. The mods will certainly help though, and it is very good at what it is trying to do.

Out of interest, what exactly do you find wrong with the previews? They look pretty impressive to me.

truth. but the mods, dude! the mods!

mods can only change so much (see those Napoleon: TW mods) and remember you don't spend money on mods but on crappy games that need to eb further enhanced by such mods.
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2009 at 16:47
I noticed in one of the trailers that there was a scene of two, presumably noblemen, in a duel of some sort - anyone know how this will factor into gameplay at all or if it was simply a video clip for the trailers?

Edited by Kaysaar - 17-Jan-2009 at 16:47
nova roma View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote nova roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2009 at 03:09
Originally posted by Copperknickers

The fact is, it is no longer aimed at the hardcore history and gameplay fans, it just has to look snazzy and it will fly off the shelves, bought by the new wave of 15 year old casual gamers. The mods will certainly help though, and it is very good at what it is trying to do.

Out of interest, what exactly do you find wrong with the previews? They look pretty impressive to me.

truth. but the mods, dude! the mods!
Copperknickers View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Copperknickers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2009 at 00:12

Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2009 at 23:37
I don't know. Haven't decided whether i will buy it or not. The last previews were not very promising and my ethusiasm has been constantly dropping since summer. Looks like a failure just like M2TW to be honest.
Copperknickers View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Copperknickers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2009 at 23:31
I'm upgrading my comp now. Its looking very promising. Apparantly each faction will be speaking in their own language, though i ratehr doubt the Marathas will be speaking Marathi, its not exactly the easiest language to come by voice actor wise.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2008 at 19:29
minimum system requirements were announced.they dont look so brutal after all.

2.4Ghz single core processor
256MB Gfx card (DX9 compaitble)
1GB RAM (For XP, 2GB if using Vista)
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2008 at 12:22
Originally posted by Penelope

So far im not to impressed by it. But i should also keep in mind that just becuase a game gives off an unimpressionable vibe, doesnt mean that it will suck. So i'll definately pre-order it and judge then.

Unimpressive you mean? If so I don't follow you here. Judging by what we have seen so far we should rather fear the opposite scenario; that the game is all presentation and weak in gameplay.

Originally posted by Batu

does anybode know about the system requirements??

I don't think anything has been made official yet, but just by looking it you can tell you'll need a new computer with all the latest hardware to run it well. The latest hardware when the game is released, that is, not now.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2008 at 19:51
It is really exciting.Indians!.I got to save money for upgrading the pc.
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Goblin Monkey View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Goblin Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2008 at 22:17
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH I AM SO ECITED!This is my favorite game series ever!!
Is it just me or did your mom just wink at me?
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2008 at 17:54
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2008 at 23:45
I loved the Indian fencer in the video.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 23:23
http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=14941
New ETW trailer about land battles. Graphics sell the game , wohooo, bah    
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2008 at 23:52
Originally posted by Batu

Information hasn't been released from developers regarding System req.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2008 at 22:54
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2008 at 09:16
That's sweet, I wonder if they will let us name the ships in our fleet....
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2008 at 09:09
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/958390/empire-total-war/videos/ETW_081208.html
New Empire Total War trailer, focusing on naval battles.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>