Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

KHAZAR AND KARAY PEOPLE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KHAZAR AND KARAY PEOPLE
    Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 09:08
WHEN I COMING TO THIS SITE MY PURPOSE THI PROVED WHAT THE REAL ORIGIN OF MY PEOPLE I PROVE HERE THE TRUTHAND ONLY TRURH ABOUT KARAY TURKS . THIS TOPIC ABOUT KARAY TURK ORIGIN LANGUEGE AND CULTUR.

KARAY LANGUAGE

THIS IS FROM BOOK WHO BE PUBLISHED IN ISRAEL IN 2001 HIS NAME "THE KARAY COMMUNITY IN EASTREN EUROPE IN PAST AND TODAY" BY YOSEF ELGAMIL LECTURER TO KARAY HISTORY IN TEL AVIV UNUVERSITY

"LINGUIST WHO INVESTIGATORS TURKIC LANGUAGE VERY HAPPY TO DISCOVERD THE KARAY LANGUAGE:BECUSE THE KARAY CUMMUNITY INSULATED IN STRANGE PLACE KEEP THE KARAY LANGUAGE ELEMANT ARCHAIC FROM THE OLD TURKISH."

"THE  KARAY INVESTIGATOR BORIS ELIYASHEVICH(1854-1940) ELIYASHEVICH TO INTEREST THE RUSSIAN TURKOLOG GORDALEVSKI AND HIM COME TO EVPATORIA(CRIMEA)TO INTERROGATE THE KARAY OLD LANGUAGE WHO HIM NOT KNOW BEFURE.HIM TO DISCOVER SCARCE TURKISH WORD AND THE GRAMMATICAL SYSTEM.GORDALEVSKI DISCOVER IN HELP OF ELIYASHEVICH ABOUT 100 KARI TURKISH WORDS WHO DONT EXIST IN CRIMEAN TATAR LANGUAGE .HIM DISCOVER ALSO WORD WHO NOT EXIST IN ANY OTHER TURKIC LANGUAGE DIALECT AND CHARACTERISTIC ONLY KARAY TURKISH LANGUAGE."

THIS DISCOVERY  IMORTANTLY IS GREAT BECAUSE THIS PROVED WHO
KARAY LANGUAGE OLD FROM THE CRIMEAN TATAR LANGUAGE AND NOT  POSSIBLE WHO THE KARAY PEOPLE TAKE THE LANGUAGE FROM THE CRIMEAN TATAR LIKE WHO THINK THE HISTORIANS BEFORE.AND PROVED WHO THIS INDEPENDENT LANGUAGE OF KARAY PEOPLE."

Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 09:25

WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

IS YOUR CAPLOCKS BUTTON STUCK?

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 09:47

THIS PART 1 I CONTINUE IN OTHER TOPIC LATER

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 09:54
BECAUSE  DISTRIBUTED MANY  FALSEHOOD ABOUT KHAZAR HISTORY AND KARAY HISTORY AND PEOPLE USE IN  OUR HISTORY TO POLITICLY PURPOSES.
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 13:01
Originally posted by KHAZARI

BECAUSE  DISTRIBUTED MANY  FALSEHOOD ABOUT KHAZAR HISTORY AND KARAY HISTORY AND PEOPLE USE IN  OUR HISTORY TO POLITICLY PURPOSES.

Whatever the case may be, turn the CAPS off because it is rude to type on a forum in this manner and it is hard on the eyes to read.

khazaria View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote khazaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 14:26
Read Dan Shapira's research. It proves that ancestors of Crimean Karaites and Lithuanian Karaites used to live in the Byzantine Empire, including in the city of Istanbul, just a couple of centuries ago.

Yes, there are words from the Cuman and Tatar languages in the Karaim language, and you have some Turkic culture that you have borrowed from your neighbors. They also lived at one time in the Golden Horde. That does not prove anything about your ancestry. You probably do have one or more kinds of Turkic ancestry, but there is no evidence that it comes from Khazars.

The Khazars never practiced the Karaite form of Judaism.

Karaites misuse Khazar history all the time, as a way to try to distance themselves from Rabbinical Jews, and to gain privileges and recognition from governments like they did in the Russian Empire and attempt to do today in Lithuania. So they make up stories like about how they supposedly were Lithuanian castle guards in Trakai, and they pretend that all the tombstones in an old cemetery at Chufut-Kale belong to them.
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 14:41
I have to say that Karaims were indeed in military service in Lithuania and Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, they indeed served in the Lithuanian Army as light cavalry. This is quite an established fact, as far as I know.

This fact IMO signifies that they have Turkic origins, since I don't know any other Jewish community in Europe which occupation was strictly military service.

Karaims are quite significant in this regard, since as Turks they were natural born mounted archers.
Σαυρομάτης
khazaria View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote khazaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 14:46
The idea that Karaites guarded the Trakai castle is a myth invented by Abraham Firkovitch; see Dan Shapira, "Avraham Firkowicz in Istanbul" (2003), page 77.

Just because a myth is repeated over and over in many books and websites does not mean it is true. The Crimean and Lithuanian Karaites were regular folks with a wide range of occupations.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 15:11
khazaria, welcome to the forum. Your presence is appreciated. 
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 15:19
Well, in fact, this information if from Lithuanian chronicles. Karaims were officially divided into 2 parts military servicemen and civil karaims. The formers served in the Lithuanian army. This has nothing to do with Firkovitch, who actually believed that  Karaims came to Crimea from Palestine.
Σαυρομάτης
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 15:47
KHAZARIA YOU HAVE  POSITION ANTI KARITES THIS  TYPICAL TO JEWS HISTORIANS THEY HAVE POSITION ANTI KARAY ABOUT OUR TURKISH ORIGIN.YOU NOT TURKOLOG AND YOU DOT KNOW OUR CULTUR CHARACTERISTIC.TO CORRECT MY IF I MISTAKEN.
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 16:10
In fact, military achievements of Karaims were very appreciated in the Russian empire as well.

Perhaps, Karaims were the only national minority with the biggest number of officers in the Imperial army.

An interesting case from the Russian-Japanese war in 1905. Karaim officer in the Russian army Mark Tapsashar died in battle defending Port-Arthur, he killed 16 japanese soldiers and officers himself in hand-to-hand fighting on that day.

The copy of his sabre is still kept in the Imperial museum in Tokyo.

Edited by Sarmat12 - 04-Sep-2007 at 13:27
Σαυρομάτης
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 16:46
WOW SARMAT YOU VERY GOOD IN KARAY HISTORY CORRECTLY.Smile
THIS IS VERY IMPRESSIVE.
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 16:54
Thanks KHAZARI, I think the history of your people is very interesting.
Σαυρομάτης
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 17:10
Khazari
KHAZARIA YOU HAVE  POSITION ANTI KARITES THIS  TYPICAL TO JEWS HISTORIANS THEY HAVE POSITION ANTI KARAY ABOUT OUR TURKISH ORIGIN.YOU NOT TURKOLOG AND YOU DOT KNOW OUR CULTUR CHARACTERISTIC.TO CORRECT MY IF I MISTAKEN.

Nobody has said anything against your Turkish origins my friend.

Are there many "Karite" or other Jews of Turkish origin or some ex-Ottoman heritage in Israel today? generally Jews and Turks have had what can be described as very good relations since they first met.

Edited by Bulldog - 03-Sep-2007 at 17:12
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

khazaria View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote khazaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 21:15
There are some Karaite Jews living in northern Israel today. Yes, I do know many things about Karaites, have spoken with many of them, have read books about them, have seen photos of them, and I have genetically tested them. The indications are that their Turkic aspects come from Kipchaks and Crimean Tatars and not from the Khazars.

I am not part of an "anti-Karaite" conspiracy. You should be happy that I agree that you have any Turkic ancestry at all. Some researchers of Karaites don't believe Karaites have any.

I have met Kazakhs, Azeris, Anatolian Turks, Kumyks in person. I have also had lengthy email conversations with Kyrgyzes, Turkmens, Karaites, and Turkic-speaking Jews called Krymchaks. I also have had conversations with Turkologist linguists and historians. I know quite a lot about Turkic culture and I respect it. For many years I have maintained a directory of links to websites in all Turkic-speaking countries and regions.

There were certainly many Karaites who served in military forces in eastern Europe over the centuries. I wasn't denying that. I was saying that it has been shown that Firkowicz invented the idea that Karaites guarded the Trakai castle. Yes, they were members of armies, but not the Trakai guard.

Some of the "history" of Karaites comes from historical revisionism. Karaites two centuries ago weren't denying their Hebrew roots.

It is often said that Krymchaks and Karaites were hard to tell apart, when people looked at them. Evidence from names and documents shows that Krymchaks are connected to Israelites, and it has some bearing on the Karaite question. Here I will quote from my book (2nd edition, chapter 10):

"According to Anatoly Khazanov, the Krymchaks may have descended in part from the early Greek-speaking Jews of the Crimea. It is known that the Krymchaks also descended from many other Jewish emigrants from Europe (especially Spain and Italy) and the Middle East (especially Persia and Turkey). Some Ashkenazic family names found among the Krymchaks were Berman, Vejnberg, Fisher, Achkinazi, and Lurje, and other Krymchaks held surnames deriving from Italy, Spain, Turkey, and the Caucasus. In other words, the Krymchaks were a mix of Ashkenazim, Bavli (Babylonian), and Romaniote Jews."

Both Krymchaks and Karaites have major roots in Greece and Turkey. Please also remember that western Turkey used to be ruled by Greeks.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2007 at 02:28

SARAMAT THIS FOR YOU IN KARAY FOLKLORE WE HAVE TYPE OF SONG CALL "DESTAN" THIS TYPE SONGS TO PRAISE  HEROS  I FOUND DESTAN ABOUT TAPSASHAR THIS IN TRANSLATION IN ENGLISH(IN KARAY LANGUAGE THIS SOUND BETTER)

"WE ARE  LIEUTENNANT TAPSASHAR
HIM HERO HE IS GREAT
HIM KILKING  MUCH  JAPANESE
THEY MOTHERS TO CRY "
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2007 at 07:39
Are there many "Karite" or other Jews of Turkish origin or some ex-Ottoman heritage in Israel today? generally Jews and Turks have had what can be described as very good relations since they first met.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2007 at 07:51

SORRY FORMER POST THIS CITATION OF BULLDOG AND THE ANSWER THIS YES IN ISRAEL LIVING SOME HUNDRED CRIMEAN KARAITES AND JEWS FROM AZERBAIJAN(FROM TURK ORIGINׁ) ALSO IN ISRAEL LIVING AZERI MUSLIM WHO COME WITH THE AZERI JEWA  IN ISRAEL COME MANY PEOPLE FROM ALL SOVIET UNION FORMER .MANY FROM THEY NOT JEWS .THEY COME TO ISRAEL BECEUSE ECONOMIC DISTRESS WHILE THEY FAKE TO JEWS.MANY FROM THEY ANTISEMITIC.IN MY CITY I KNOW UZBEK'S  KAZAKH AND ALITTLE KIRGHIZ AND SOME FROM SIBERIA.I KNOW THEY VERY GOOD.I HAVE AZERIS FRIENDS.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2007 at 10:16
Khazari, the staff's instructions were not that difficult. Lower case letters. Period! After one post of proper follow thru you ignored this request yet again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>