Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iranian lesbian faces deportation from Britain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iranian lesbian faces deportation from Britain
    Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 10:13
Here a thought. Iran is not Arab. And niether is Arabia the hardcore of the  muslim world.
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 10:15
In a few generations Europe will be the hardcore of the Muslim world. Take a look at this man:

Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 10:31
Sparten is right that Iran is not an Arabian country but the hardcore of Muslim world is Arabian. And all the attacks  of  Muslim  against western  values  makes me think  that  Europe  will not  be a safe place  for  5  generations Europeans. If a stupid man draws something in Sweden few embassies will be burned somewhere, this is not normal.
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 10:43
Stop grouping Muslims as one bloc of people. Christians killed millions in Uganda. In fact, most of the worlds worst atrocities were committed by Christians. Maybe we need to look at that?
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 10:55
We need look at neither. The topic is on the treatment of homosexuals in Iran.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 10:56
Of course is not a bloc of people, there are lesbians, homosexuals, atheists, Salman Rushdie, Turks, Romanians Muslims, suicide bombers and a lot of normal people and a larger lot of infidels, you must face the diversity.

Albert Einstein
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 10:58
There are more infidels than normal people? What do you mean by that? And lesbians are homosexuals, its a generic term Wink
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 11:01
Wink 

Albert Einstein
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 11:31
The last place on the face of the earth that has any credibility is MEMRI. This group is based in washington with funding coming directly from Israel and donations from powerful men in washington and Europe. This group simply cherrypicks anything that would give a favorable impression about Israel as the regions only true democracy. When Ovadia Yosef said this in a speech:
this organization turned the tables and portrayed the Arabs as the evil Nazi like who were leading a campaign of terror on the innocent 80 year old lamb Yosef. So, be careful about what you read.

About the Human developement report that the UN commitioned, well, Go to the UN site and you will find the full report for the three year time span and read it. Dont not read second hand account from people filled with anti Arab feelings:

Al-Jassas
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 12:05

Originally posted by Sparten

... Whilst Morty, IIRC Iran is along with the US one of only two countries where their are more women graduates than men.

While that may be true, Sparten, in the eyes of many around the world (mine included), the women in Iran are considered second class citizens. They are imprisoned simply for demonstrating or organizing as a group (hence no freedom of speech), they do not share the same rights and privileges as the men are afforded, and are therefore unequal to men (hence second class). They are, however, becoming more and more rebellious and outspoken (hopefully brought on by the education you so indicate).

IMO, sexual orientation is a personal right of every human. Why any government has a say in the matter is beyond my comprehension. But suffice it to say that no government control is ever going to obviate or eradicate homosexuality/lesbianism anywhere in the world. Iran will have to deal with that fact at some point as well.

"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 12:34

Morty, my grand mother was from Iran. I can assure you she was many things, but second class she was not. I remember when reletives from Iran told me that the revolution was the best thing for them, since it opened up avenues of education for them, which did not exist in the shahs time. So you need to look at the situation from the pov of women on the ground, not frm yours. For them sexual freedom is rather irrelevant.

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 17:03
Regardless of weather Tazir has a fixed penalty or not, in its implementation homosexual acts are clearly considered a capital crime. And why shouldn't people around the world have an opinion on this issue? It is the systematic and government endorsed butchering of a group whose only "crime" is a sexual preference which the scientific evidence indicated has a biological basis.

Comparing homosexuality to paedophilia is invalid. One is sex involving consent between adults, the other does not and so is a predatory form of rape. Homosexual relations harms no one and has no victim whatsoever. And yet in Iran it is a capital crime!

There is no justificiation for this law. It is based purely on institutionalised bigotry and is totally indefensible. Those who question it have every right to do so.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2007 at 04:11
Originally posted by Richard XIII

Almost a  half of Muslim world (the women) is, without doubt, discriminated, useless for society,

In your opinion a mother who chooses not to work is useless?!
You who would accuse us of discriminating against women? That is such a materialistic view point, and certainly behind falling birth rates in the west. Is a mother who stays home useless? Is a wife who cares for her husband useless? Are people only useful if they work in "the machine" earning money?
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2007 at 10:27
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Originally posted by Richard XIII

Almost a  half of Muslim world (the women) is, without doubt, discriminated, useless for society,

In your opinion a mother who chooses not to work is useless?!
You who would accuse us of discriminating against women? That is such a materialistic view point, and certainly behind falling birth rates in the west. Is a mother who stays home useless? Is a wife who cares for her husband useless? Are people only useful if they work in "the machine" earning money?

What is different to your viewpoint that a woman works in the 'machine' that is her home - reliant on her husband for money and more often than not, companionship.

Working allows someone to make their own money, hence independence. Working also creates friendships and advances a person in many more ways than a simple paycheck.

Your viewpoint claims that women are slaves to capitalism - mine views that women are slaves to the kitchen.
What are your view on 'house-husbands', out of interest?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2007 at 13:40

People shold be productive as much as possible. But of course real life dose not allow that. When she got married my mother was a collage lecturer, a few months later she became as asst Professor, however within 2 year she was forced to quit? Why? Since my dad was an army officer, in the year I was born there was a deployment to Siachin, and after that he served three tours on the LOC. Its not like he could have helped.

In most countries the families usually all have to work. Its in a v few areas where such questions as "right to work" can even be asked.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2007 at 22:03
What is different to your viewpoint that a woman works in the 'machine' that is her home - reliant on her husband for money and more often than not, companionship.

Working allows someone to make their own money, hence independence. Working also creates friendships and advances a person in many more ways than a simple paycheck.

Your viewpoint claims that women are slaves to capitalism - mine views that women are slaves to the kitchen.
What are your view on 'house-husbands', out of interest?

Not surprisingly I was completely misunderstood.
I never made the claim that women working is bad. I'm opposing the claim that a woman who isn't in the capitalist system is useless.
Every person should be able to work and earn an income, male or female, that is essential. However if you do a part time job instead of a full time, if your husband can provide for you, and you choose to take that option you are not useless or discriminated against.
Raising a family is more important than wealth. You should do it properly, if you need two incomes to support your family then both parents ought to work. If you can get by on one, then it is far better to only have one - at least while there are young children. That person is not useless, they provide an extremely valuable service to you, your family and society. You just can't measure it in dollars.

Richard the XII's comment is extraordinarily ignorant, certainly offensive, and probably also dangerous.
Having the freedom to work is useless without having the freedom not to work.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2007 at 22:14
my viewpoint :

Before women were slaves to the kitchen 'only', now they are slaves to capitalism too.

Although much depends on the income bracket of the woman and her spouse, the fact that most people would not be able to survive in a single income household nowadays, makes the need for the woman to work a necessity.

Some women prefer domestic 'work', over employment. It is ludicrous to pronounce domestic work as being insignificant, or the women who do it as housewives and mothers, useless.
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2007 at 11:49
Originally posted by Sparten

People shold be productive as much as possible. But of course real life dose not allow that. When she got married my mother was a collage lecturer, a few months later she became as asst Professor, however within 2 year she was forced to quit? Why? Since my dad was an army officer, in the year I was born there was a deployment to Siachin, and after that he served three tours on the LOC. Its not like he could have helped.

In most countries the families usually all have to work. Its in a v few areas where such questions as "right to work" can even be asked.

It seems to me that Pakistan is more progressive than most Islamic countries when it comes to this (Admittedly so is Iran) How does it work in practise, women in the workforce in large numbers? Would you say it promotes or negates equality treatment?
bgturk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote bgturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2007 at 21:13
As far as I know Iran only executes male homosexuals. As far as I know the Koran only bans male to male intercourse, but does it actually forbid sex between females?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123