Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

With regard to the 10 pieces of posting advice...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: With regard to the 10 pieces of posting advice...
    Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 11:20
I have a few problems with the suggestions:

I stand adamantly against learning anything, especially from others. I also do not wish to educate others, as that would detract from my ability to humiliate them via a series of vitriolic, unsourced personal attacks. Furthermore, I refuse to take responsibility for my statements; let everyone else take responsibility for theirs! And by the way, if I have a problem with other forumers, I plan on complaining loudly in a series of completely unrelated threads about how the moderators are shirking their responsibilities by not immediately banning my rivals.

Why would I read the posts of others when I have all the answers myself? Let other people go through the arduous process of keeping up with topics they wish to comment on; I shall post whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it. If I raise an issue that has already been thoroughly addressed in the thread, surely that issue has been given renewed significance by virtue of the fact that I, Akolouthos, have deigned it worthy of my notice; after all, I'm bad to the bone--as I shall prove through a series of increasingly hateful ad hominem attacks. And don't you tell me to "keep my cool"; I'LL TELL YOU WHEN TO KEEP YOUR COOL, BECAUSE I'M ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS!

Why should I provide facts for what is so plainly obvious to see? I am the sole factual authority to which any of you need appeal in your discourses. I alone possess the right to determine what is historically credible and what is pure fantasy. Sources are for the weak, and if you @%!$ing morons don't realize it, I certainly can't be bothered to help you. After all, being the best takes a lot out of a guy, and, as we all know, mixed-ethnicity citizens of the USA are the best by virtue of their ancient traditions and countless contributions to civilization over the past several thousand years.

I also find myself incapable of respecting the mods. Honestly, do they expect respect simply because they have volunteered to spend hours online, without pay, sifting through thousands of posts in a misguided effort to further intelligent discussion? What is the purpose of this nonsense? Undoubtedly it is part of an evil conspiracy to make us all have fun.

-Akolouthos

Originally posted by Ten  Pieces of Posting Advice

10 Wise Pieces Of Advice Before You Start Posting

1) Read, Learn, Post, Educate - This motto is a revolving door. After you read something then post what you've learned. You will be educating numerous people. Even yourself.

2) You are responsible for what you post. That's right. You! Don't worry about your neighbors so much. They are in the same boat as you are. Everyone get's to own up to everyone else. Group awareness is a wonderful thing. Also, if you happen to run into something you don't like you could always PM your friendly neighborhood Moderator and Administrator. They are wonderful problem solvers.

3) Do you want to be great at debates? Well we have the secret written down right here for you. Try reading as many posts in a thread as you can. Then put on your critics hat and focus your attention on your target. Be clear, gentle or stern and you might get lucky. Either way once you make your point you are on your way to an educational experience. So enjoy it! Once you happen to criticize another's post try to avoid Ad Hominem attacks (targeting or appealing to another person and not their works). Plus the best way to show you are in control is to keep your cool. Instead of trading barbs try sharing an educated opinion. We like cool educators.

4) I'm all that! No you are not. You ain't that cool. Don't let your ego get the best of you, even if you think you've just written the perfect post. Well, we've got news for you. It could be topped. There is always someone with something bright to say. Appreciate that fact and you'll go a long way.

5) That's a fact Jack. When you use your own strengths and your talented gift of gab we just might believe you. Especially after you provide good sources in your arguement. One word of caution: Don't be so sure of yourself.

6) I'm bad to the bone. Rude antics, poor attitude and a potty mouth will get you the kind of attention you really don't want. So keep your chin up and your head on your shoulders.

7) Who's the best? We really don't know! But if you do know then please don't tell us. We would like you to keep that special secret all to yourself.

8) Who's winning the race? Keep in mind that racial pride is a personal thing. Even when you want to shout how great your people are it get's kind of noisy in here. Then we can't hear what you are saying. You wouldn't want that.

9) The Mod Squad. Those folks with the nifty green stars under their names are really awesome people. They kinda look like you too. They act similar as well. When you debate, they debate. When you respect them they respect you back. Give them a hard time, however, then they'll just do the same. Now isn't that neat how this works?

10) Above All Have Fun! While you are at it help others have an enjoyable time too for even more gratification.

Edited by Akolouthos - 24-Aug-2007 at 11:24
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 11:21
LOL

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 11:27
Another good one from Ako! Similar words of wisdom resembling his previous jewel:

As a sometime beneficiary of the "intended humor merits leniency" clause implicit in the Code of Conduct, I hope no plans are made to alter said implicit clause anytime soon. 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 11:33
Just incase our new members get a bit testy, Ako is iur longtime droll poster, a much more refined version of the great UVH. So kindly don't take this seriously.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 11:38
Originally posted by Sparten

Just incase our new members get a bit testy, Ako is iur longtime droll poster, a much more refined version of the great UVH. So kindly don't take this seriously.

I'm worried about taking it any way at all..

Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 11:42
My thanks, all, esp. Seko who posted the original, and quite helpful pieces of posting advice. Always happy to provide a laugh or two--but no more. Wink Don't take me seriously, eh Sparten? I think I'd be worried if someone ever did. LOL

-Akolouthos

Edited by Akolouthos - 24-Aug-2007 at 11:44
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 11:52
Great stuff Ako LOL
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 19:14
Stick it to them Ako!
elenos
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 19:24
Wow Ako, that was a work of art LOL
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 19:38
Thanks guys. Where is the bowing emoticon? LOL

-Akolouthos
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 19:41
LOLClap
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 22:05
Originally posted by Akolouthos

-Akolouthos

Allright - you deserve it....     LOL
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 22:11
Originally posted by Northman

Originally posted by Akolouthos

-Akolouthos

Allright - you deserve it....     LOL

LOL

I meant for me to bow to you guys, as if to a large audience. As an Orthodox Christian I am against being worshipped as a false idol.

-Akolouthos
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2007 at 03:48
We will burn a candle for you!
elenos
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2007 at 04:08
XXXI Gun salute to the great Ako.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 06:05
Haha nice! Reading that sure is a great in helping to procrastinate from assignments
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2007 at 06:40

Good callLOL

Join us.
 Post Reply Post Reply