Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How would you get a Tyrannosaurus off a s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How would you get a Tyrannosaurus off a s
    Posted: 29-Aug-2007 at 08:21
Originally posted by Paul

Have you considered chopping it up into small pieces with an axe, liquidizing it in a blender, then pouring it into several barrels and shipping in a cargo ship?

That would kind of beat the purpose of bringing it along. :P
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2007 at 19:09
Originally posted by Paul

Have you considered chopping it up into small pieces with an axe, liquidizing it in a blender, then pouring it into several barrels and shipping in a cargo ship?

Too involved, an axe and a roll of brown paper would do the trick. Wink
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 05:29
Lol... Why not sail it over the sea in a barge at the first place? Or at least have it swim over the sea..?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 14:09
Originally posted by rider

Lol... Why not sail it over the sea in a barge at the first place?

Barges are pretty slow and clumsy, aren't they?

Originally posted by rider

Or at least have it swim over the sea..?

It's 200 km. Quite a long way to swim, even for a strong monster.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2007 at 06:32

If it is fantasy world, can't magic somehow solve all the solutions?

Join us.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2007 at 12:46
Originally posted by pekau

If it is fantasy world, can't magic somehow solve all the solutions?

It could, but I don't want to make magic overpowered. A spell to make a six-ton monster fly or teleport it would be an extremely powerful weapon.

Remember, just because you have magic in your world doesn't mean you can do anything. The story still has to be consistent. This is not a silly cartoon I am writing, where magic is just a plot device with no governing logic. It all has to fit together. If I give my characters a powerful spell to use in one chapter, that spell will still exist in every subsequent chapter, which might give my characters power I don't want them to have.

Edited by Spectrum - 28-Sep-2007 at 12:48
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2007 at 15:08
Be creative. Here is a tank landing ship of wwii fame, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_landing_ship
Make something like that for your time, almost all culture had ships that could pretty much hit the beach, here is your chance to make yours.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2007 at 04:55
Originally posted by Sparten

Be creative. Here is a tank landing ship of wwii fame, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_landing_ship
Make something like that for your time, almost all culture had ships that could pretty much hit the beach, here is your chance to make yours.

Well, tank landing ship is not exactly rocket science...

Join us.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12