Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer Trivia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Balain d Ibelin View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Balain d Ibelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soccer Trivia
    Posted: 12-Aug-2007 at 04:13

You need a deep soccer-history knowledge to pass this....

Q1. In 1954, Brazil defeats Sweden and became the Champion of 1954 FIFA World Cup.

What was the score when Brazil defeated Sweden??

Q2. Who was the only man in Soccer history Until now who brings his National Team twice as World Champion. Once as a Player, and once as a Coach??

Q3.This man was a good soccer player, but his Live was sometimes filled with controversies, in field he scored a goal which seems very much controversial which brings his national team to the Semi Finals of a World Cup. Who is he??

Q4-Q6 Coming...
"Good quality will be known among your enemies, before you ever met them my friend"Trobadourre de Crusadier Crux
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2007 at 05:24
Originally posted by Balain d Ibelin

You need a deep soccer-history knowledge to pass this....

Q1. In 1954, Brazil defeats Sweden and became the Champion of 1954 FIFA World Cup.

What was the score when Brazil defeated Sweden??

Q2. Who was the only man in Soccer history Until now who brings his National Team twice as World Champion. Once as a Player, and once as a Coach??

Q3.This man was a good soccer player, but his Live was sometimes filled with controversies, in field he scored a goal which seems very much controversial which brings his national team to the Semi Finals of a World Cup. Who is he??

Q4-Q6 Coming...

Please, Balain, stop it!!!

I will honor your try, very commendable.
But......
if you really think that Brasil was the World Campion in 1954, then
i can't have any understanding for your "Quiz".

Of course GERMANY was the Champion 1954, and the miracle of Bern, will ever be in every german's heart. (nearly every german, ecxept my wife)

Brasil was the Champion in 1958, where the Championship was held in Sweden. Brazil won the final 5-2

Ok, second question is much better.

But everybod will know that "The Kaiser" himself Franz Beckenbauer was the only Champion as player and coach!1974 (with much luck against Holland and 1990 ( the best german team ever)

Third, of course Diego Maradonna. The Hand of God Goal in the match against England 1986, where Maradonna scored the Goal of the century five minutes after the first goal, god did!

Q4 -6 , please no more giant bugWink

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 12-Aug-2007 at 05:28

Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2007 at 17:35
I think calling Maradona a good player is somehow missleading. He was rather a genious.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 09:43
did the hand of god not bring argentina to the final and not the semi's?? And yes, genius is a much more fitting term, check out some of his videos on youtube
Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 11:32
nope it was the quarter final. You don't hear about the Semi Final because Argentina went on to play Belgium! 
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 11:59
Originally posted by Ovidius

nope it was the quarter final. You don't hear about the Semi Final because Argentina went on to play Belgium! 

True, that's exactly why I didn't remember! And that was supposedly England's year as well.
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 12:05
lol, every year is Englands year, the way the pundits in england go on at least
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 12:16
2), Zagallo anybody?

Okay, who is the player whose first and last appearence in a World Cup final was the longest between appearences.

And which is the team which has won more European silverware than domestic national titles.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 12:34
Originally posted by Sparten

Okay, who is the player whose first and last appearence in a World Cup final was the longest between appearences.

This little tot was a star player benched for his animated enthusiasm during a semifinal game. While sitting out the 1954 finals his glee was captured on camera.

Fast forward 52 years to the 2006 World Cup. Our grown little stud has once again fancied himself at the sidelines.

Balain d Ibelin View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Balain d Ibelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 06:09

Sorry, Ulrich..

I really swear to God I wanna type 1958 for the first question.... Sorry very much Ulrich...

While for 3rd Question the hand of god's goal is in Quarter Finals against England not in Semi Finals..
"Good quality will be known among your enemies, before you ever met them my friend"Trobadourre de Crusadier Crux
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 11:05
Originally posted by Balain d Ibelin

Sorry, Ulrich..
I really swear to God I wanna type 1958 for the first question.... Sorry very much Ulrich...

accepted......

Post Reply Post Reply