Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A kit to test the Fertility clock for women

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
omshanti View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote omshanti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A kit to test the Fertility clock for women
    Posted: 08-Aug-2007 at 19:39
I just saw a tv program about it and found THIS ARTICLE about it afterwards. What do you think about it?
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 06:04
You forgot the article omshanti!
elenos
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 06:32
the article is under the link, elenos.

I am not sure it is a handy thing. You should never delay having kids until you are 40 anyway, it increases the risks of complications and problems, even if you do conceive naturally. And I would never put too much trust in any such tests.

Edited by Aelfgifu - 09-Aug-2007 at 06:47

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 07:46
^ That is true, the older the woman gets the higher the chances of a genetic aberration.

Also, suck kits may induce stigma in small percent of woman populations who are infertrile.
omshanti View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote omshanti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 08:30
That is the point. Generally 35 for women is regarded to be the age after which it would be better not to conceive, however every body is different. A 37 year old woman might have ovaries which are as young as those of an avarage 30 year old woman's with a high level of fertility. On the other hand a 27 year old woman's level of fertility might be as low as that of an avarage 35 year old's. So it is all about finding out the age of the ovaries and the level of fertility which is not always the same as the real age.

Edited by omshanti - 09-Aug-2007 at 11:09
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2007 at 15:49
omshanti, most women don't need a kit to test their biological clock. For years, women have known that childbirth years are the best before the age of 35. However, I notice that many women are now getting pregnant in their early 40s using in vitro fertilization or other fertilization techniques (hence, the growing number of multiple births (twins, triplets, quadruplets, etc. in recent years). Most women, after the age of 35, usually are recommended to undergo a procedure called "amniocentesis", which can induce labor (thereby causing a miscarriage), but which detects any birth defects (e.g. down's syndrome, etc.). Most women under 35 do not need to undergo said procedure.

AHHH, it's not easy being a woman!
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
omshanti View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote omshanti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 09:03
I know that 35 is generally considered to be the age after which fertility decreases in women, but my point was that every body is different depending on their life style, personality, physical predisposition...etc. Some people's fertility might decrease much earlier and some much later. If a person really wants to have children but has other things that she wants to or needs to do before having children, it is a good way to know how much time she has left, which in turn helps to make life plans. After all having a child is a big responsibility.
Any way. I am not trying to advertise or any thing. I just wanted to hear your opinions because I love children and thought I would be interested in it if I were a woman.
Originally posted by morticia

AHHH, it's not easy being a woman!

Even though I am not a woman, I can kind of understand that it would not be easy to be a woman. Thank you very much for your reply Mortica.

Edited by omshanti - 11-Aug-2007 at 10:40
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 09:56
Originally posted by omshanti

Thank you very much for your reply Mortica.

Thank you, Omshanti, for bringing awareness of this topic. You are right, every woman is, biologically, different. There are some women that are fertile into their 40s and 50s. There are some that are unable to conceive by their 20s. It would certainly be of much assistance to many women to know how long they will remain fertile in order to plan their lives accordingly.

"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 10:01
My mother had her last child at 42, and was told that the odds of having a down's syndrome child were 50 to 1, which when you think about it is a pretty high chance. But all went well, happily enough. There is a reason why the biological clock slows down, as a woman having a child at 55 to 60, like those who had fertility treatment will be quite elderly whent their child is growing up, reducing their capacity to care for the child and thus making it harder (in biological terms) for the child to survive.
 Post Reply Post Reply