Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Civilization Series?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Civilization Series?
    Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 22:00

Just wondering how is the Civilization Series of PC games for I have never played any of them? 

Donasin View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Donasin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 22:58
I for one love it.

I just wish the ages didn't go so fast or when you slow them down everything doesn't take 59 turns to build.
Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2007 at 08:14
I always found No.2 to be the classic.  After that didn't they release a million variations that add more and more complex features?
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2007 at 13:52
yeah, Civ 2 was arguably the best one, third one was a failure, the most recent one is acceptable.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2007 at 14:10
All Civilization games are fun, just don't expect any realistic features.
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2007 at 12:06
Civilization 2 is the best strategy game for me. Civ 3 and 4 are complete disaster.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2007 at 12:51
Civ 1 was great, but is very dated now. Civ 2 is fantastic. I liked civ 3, although 2 is better in many respects. Civ 4 I own and have installed, but have hardly played, not because I know of anything wrong with it, but because I've just stopped playing games recently.
-ohcrapitsnico- View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote -ohcrapitsnico- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2007 at 20:40
3 and 4 are the best for me because they have more depth and are prettier and just more fun. To get the best out of them you should download mods of the game from the forums from civfanatics.com. I have an account there of the same name.
Allahu Akbar
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2007 at 21:29
I was a big fan of Civ 3 personally. It's so much fun conquering the world.
nova roma View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote nova roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 00:44
I like Civ 4, talk s*** all you want people :p

Edited by Knights - 31-Dec-2007 at 00:51
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 00:53
Yes - they are GREAT games
WolfHound View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote WolfHound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2008 at 20:34
Eh I did not like Civ 4 at all the military part of the game was weak. I also loved playing Rise of Nations.
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2008 at 21:01
Fun, not realistic, empire turn based strategy, over all great games.

Edited by The Canadian Guy - 12-Jan-2008 at 21:01
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2008 at 06:44

Folks, if you belive or not, i played the Civilization board game (Avalon Hill 1981) long before Sid Meier published his first pc-game.

Post Reply Post Reply