Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advantage of being white?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Serge L View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Serge L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advantage of being white?
    Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 17:18

well, for first you should better save the picture on your disk and than upload it here using the new features of this forum, since the original site does apparently not support hotlinks (I just see a big "Angeltown" icon there)

However, I went to the original page, following the link . . .  and I know that map.

Please notice it's not a map of skin tones, but of ultraviolet light at different locations.

Skin tones are just added, for comparison, in an even more skecthy way then in the map I linked, i.e. as three different areas, for dark, light and "possesing the greater potential for growing lighter or darker seasonally" -- it's the fact I mentioned in my previous posts, according to people living at intermediate latitudes are the most able to tan.

I'd say that the map you presented is intresting when seen together with the one of Biasutti I linked, since it supports the thesis acording to which in some areas skin tones reflect very closely the UV gradients, and in other ones they do it less well.

lastbout View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lastbout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 19:06
Yeah sry, it showed up in my computer at first, but now I see it just came up wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123