Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkic Peoples

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkic Peoples
    Posted: 10-Aug-2007 at 05:57
Alish
If kazaks don't want to consider Turkey Turks as big brothers(I don't think turkey turks really think so) kazaks are very comfortable to admit RUSSIANS as big brothers. Kazaks are very loyal to russians as they were to mongolians before (carefully read the history, BULLDOG!!! ).

Everyone has mistakes in their history we must learn from them.

Alish
BUT, when you talk about the history, culture of Central Asia, DON'T forget who made them(for the most part).... I still wonder where kazaks suddenly appeared from and shaping the History of Central Asia.... Is that because of oil...!?

Yes, Ozbekistan region was the cultural and pollitical centre of Turkiston  and its from this region that Turki literature developed to become one of the great literary languages of the Islamic world alongside Arabic and Farsi. The learned men of the region were advisors and pollitcians given assistance across the region. It is the heart of Turkiston, they even are the reason this name was given to the region.

However, today we are in a new era, co-operation and unity is a key to sucess, war and bickering will get us knowwhere, look at the EU today for example. This is why I  find Nazarbayev's proposal of Central Asian and Turkic states forming a form of economic, pollitical union.

Edited by Bulldog - 10-Aug-2007 at 06:06
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2007 at 13:03
Originally posted by Bulldog

Why do you have this obsession with trying to delude yourself and everybody else that everything you say is the absolute truth and "everyone" must agree with you.

There are Turks who do feel connected to a broad Turk nation and there are those that don't, there is no situation where "everyone" feels this or that, your just making sweeping comments.

Well, if it just a question of a personal choice, then you should also stop repeating that this nation definetely exists and every Turkic person who doesn't believe in it is a "Mankurt"

Don't you agree with that?

Sarmat
there is not "Turk nation"

That's your view, your entitled to it but I don't have any obligation to accept your views and neither does anybody else.

Right, but it's also the view of most of the scientists, historians and linguists. You are not obliged to accept it, however, as every human being you can believe whatever you want. You even can believe that 2+2=5, it's up to you.

I already told you that I have been to Central Asia and relatives are always going back and forth.
They have alot of contact with peoples there and the developments.

I'd really would love to believe it, but the facts tell me that you are not honest in saying this. You even didn't know what is the proper name of the president of Kazakhstan.

A nation is not science its a perception based upon certain values.
I've already given countless examples of Turkic leaders who feel part of a broader Turk nation and are calling for Turkic people to get closer together.

You obviously have a problem accepting this.

Yes, I do, because I think "nation" is more or less a scientific notion and not smth. vague based on views of some leaders. What if a new leader of Turkmenistan says: "No, we don't have anything in common with Turks at all". Would it change the whole perspective? You need better cirteria for defining what a nation is.

Edited by Sarmat12 - 10-Aug-2007 at 13:14
Σαυρομάτης
omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 08:32
İ was away for two days, i wasnt able to get online. İll try to answer you guys shortly

Originally posted by alish

Beylerbeyi 

Kazak are Turk, Central Asian Turks are the reason there is a single Turk in what is today Turkiye.
Its totally ignorant to try and deny the Turkishness or Turkicness of Central Asian, Turkistoni Turks.

Generally alot of Central Asian Turks do not deny they are Turkic, they have a problem with some Turkey Turks thinking they are big brothers or the only Turks in the world.

If your from Turkey and are a Turk from there the reason your a Turk is because of Central Asia the Turks homeland, they bought the language, identity other factors with them.

What makes a Turk a Turk?
It is identity, language, historical bonds and connections, socio-cultural factors and so on.

Look, somebody could be the direct descendant of "Oghuz Khan" or "Mete Khan", however, if this person cannot speak any form of Turkic, does not have a Turk identity, has lost all socio-cultural aspects and so on, it wouldn't matter at all.

Aynisi Kazaklara da ait - kazax halki var, milleti yokdur. Onlar zaten Kypchak, Kirgiz felan.

Clap Ha, duz dedin.

hey, hey, hey.....
If kazaks don't want to consider Turkey Turks as big brothers(I don't think turkey turks really think so) kazaks are very comfortable to admit RUSSIANS as big brothers. Kazaks are very loyal to russians as they were to mongolians before (carefully read the history, BULLDOG!!! ).  I know many kazaks even don't wanna use kazak language even they speak,
they are more willing to adopt russian values. OK, it doesn't matter...
BUT, when you talk about the history, culture of Central Asia, DON'T forget who made them(for the most part).... I still wonder where kazaks suddenly appeared from and shaping the History of Central Asia.... Is that because of oil...!?
BE HONEST, BUDDY !

How do you know Kazaks dont want to consider Trkiye Trks as their brothers and who said anything about big brother? We are same, no one is bigger. İ think its obvious that the difficulties you people are facing with Trkiye Trks is that you know that Trkiye is a World Power, thats why you dont want all other Trks to think we are same, because it then would go in favour of Trkiye, which will have the following that your nation will get damage. These are your kind of peoples thoughts, nothing else, you are always busy wit trickery. İm sure i know how a Kazak Trk will think, so dont say they will like Russians or something else, because it doesnt sound believing. Of course there are people, also in Trkiye, who dont think right, thats so, because they dont have the fundamentels of The Trk Character. But the majority of the people and the important persons, like Generals and Presidents are always the ones with the fundamentals.

Originally posted by Sarmat12

Bulldog,

I didn't attack you personally and I am not telling Kazakhs who they are. I have a lot of Kazakh friends who say, yes we have common origins with Turks we are brother nations but we are not ONE NATION.

The same thing the scientists say. I understand that you like the idea that all the Turkic speakers are one nation, it's your personal matter, but it has nothing to do with the reality.

I also see, that you simply refuse to accept that the sources, which you referred by your own by the way, also do not say that all the Turkic speakers are one nation.

You may continue to live in the world of your beautiful dreams, it doesn't have anything in common with the real life however.

What reality are you talking about? Your own hallucination, or the reality with the facts whom you have difficulties with accepting it?

"which you referred by your own by the way"
This sentence you wrote is an admission that you accept that the source actually did say that all Trks(not speakers) are ONE NATİON.

A couple of days ago i asked you a couple of question about why you are having problems with Trkiye Trks, you didnt give me a satisfied answer. Please answer again, because the things you are writing arent believable anymore!

Originally posted by Feanor

The only problematic person here is you, dear British - Turanist Bulldog.
You, sarmat and the ones who keep reversing the facts with your hate-feelings are the only problematic persons in here, not Bulldog.

Sarmat
It's obvious that Nazarbaev didn't mean that Kazakhs and Turks from Turkey are the parts of one nation.

Nursultan Nazarbayev said, "I'm a Turk"

He didn't write anything similar to your nonsense.

He meant what he said.

"I'm a Turk". Therefore he has a tie to any other Turk, what is so hard to understand.

Nazarbayev has said countless times before that Kazak and Turkiye Turks belong to the broader Turk nation.

This doesn't mean that they're identical either however, they both have the option to refer to themselves as Turk or belonging to the wider Turk community, they also have the option not to.

However, they don't have to listen to some Russian, telling them that they are not allowed to be this or that.

Sarmat
I, personally, don't like this comparasent. But even it clearly states that the people of Turkey and other Turkic speaking countries are not one nation.

There is a Turk nation, the Turkic world is not subject to just the borders of Turkey.

As I said, a Lebanease can be a Lebeanease, however also can be an Arab, or Lebanease Arab.
Its up to the person, it is not clear cut, a Lebanease has his/her own identity as Lebanease but also can belong to the wider Arab nation.

This is the same for Turks.
A Kazak can be just a Kazak with their own identity, also a Kazak can be a Kazak Turk and be part of the wider Turk nation.

You obviously have a problem with this notion...

İ want to give another example like the situation of Arabs in Lebanon, Palestin, Morocco or another country. If we are gonna talk about the origin of people in Belgium, as far as i know, for a time Belgium and Luxemburg belonged to Holland, and in time they lost the areas. Would it be right if we say that the people in Belgium are of Belgian origin? No, it wouldnt be right, because Belgium is divided in two parts, named Vlaanderen and Waals. Vlaanderen are Dutch people and Waals are French people.

ATTİLA
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 15:45

omergun,

I don't have problems with Turks from Turkey I love Turkish people and I am very interested in Turkic world and my wife is also Turkic if you didn't get it so far.

I have big problems with the theory that all Turkic speakers are "one nation" while all the scientific sources say the contrary.

Show me any sentences in Bulldog's sources which say "All Turkic speakers are one nation". He actually provided some extracts from Turkish press which were talking about the summit representatives of "Turkic languages speaking countries" .

You think, that this fraze means "one nation" right? Then, I even don't want to continue talking to you.

At least Bulldog keeps the discussion civilized, while you go to personal attacks, without providing any arguments to support yourself.

If you believed all your life that all Turkic speakers are one nation, it doesn't mean that you are right, nor does it mean that the other Turkic speakers believe this.

If you want to prove your view, prove it, do not just say: "You have problems with the Turks". You are the first Turk I have problems with, if you are a Turk at all.

Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 16:12
Originally posted by omergun

İm sure i know how a Kazak Trk will think, so dont say they will like Russians or something else, because it doesnt sound believing.  

This shows how few you really know about the Turkic world. Do you know that there are Russian Orthodox Yakuts and Chuvashs who would never prefer Turkish people to Russians, do you know that there are Christian Tatars, who also "like" Russians much more than Turkish Turks.

Or you consider all these people traitors and mankurts?

The term "mankurt" by the way is famous due the works of Kyrgyz author Chingiz Aitmatov who wrote in Russian and whose literary works are the part of mandatory reading in  Russian schools.

Are Chingiz Aitmatov's novels mandatory reading in Turkish schools?

Kazakhs do not "love" Russians, but they view them more or less positive. They are definetely much more familiar with the Russian culture and mentality than with the Turkish culture or mentality.

It's much easier for a Kazakh to find a common ground with a Russian than with a Turk, simply because 90% Kazakhs speak Russian with native fluency, while few can speak Turkish.

It's also a fact that Kazakhstan together with Belorussia are in a strategic alliance with Russia now. Kazakhstan is indeed perhaps even the most precious ally of modern Russia.

You can't consider Kazakhs "slaves of Russians," however. Kazkhs are very proud people and they fought against Russian imperialism whenever they could.

Uzbeks, for example helped to defeat Kazakh national hero Kenisary Kasymov, who fought Russians. Can Uzbeks be considered "slaves of Russians" after that?

The history is a very complex phenomenon. And you never can claim "I know it for sure" withour examining the real facts.

Σαυρομάτης
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 16:31
whole 5 pages were not enough for 3 turks to explain 1 persian that there is no word in Turkish languages as Turki, or Turiki or whatever else crap. there is just TURK. We tell it both to Turkey Turks and the rest
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 16:37
The same thing is in English. Turk both means Turk from Turkey and Turk as a Turkic.

However, I raised an example that in Kazakh there are 2 different words for these.

Turki is Turkic (meaning all the Turkic world)

For Turks from Turkey there is a word "Turik" Turki and Turik are not identical for Kazakhs. I wrote about that already.

Kazakhs view themselves as Turki, but not Turik (Turik means Turkish).

And I am not Persian, I am Russian.

Edited by Sarmat12 - 11-Aug-2007 at 16:39
Σαυρομάτης
omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 18:47

omergun,

I don't have problems with Turks from Turkey I love Turkish people and I am very interested in Turkic world and my wife is also Turkic if you didn't get it so far.

I have big problems with the theory that all Turkic speakers are "one nation" while all the scientific sources say the contrary.

Show me any sentences in Bulldog's sources which say "All Turkic speakers are one nation". He actually provided some extracts from Turkish press which were talking about the summit representatives of "Turkic languages speaking countries" .

You think, that this fraze means "one nation" right? Then, I even don't want to continue talking to you.

At least Bulldog keeps the discussion civilized, while you go to personal attacks, without providing any arguments to support yourself.

If you believed all your life that all Turkic speakers are one nation, it doesn't mean that you are right, nor does it mean that the other Turkic speakers believe this.

If you want to prove your view, prove it, do not just say: "You have problems with the Turks". You are the first Turk I have problems with, if you are a Turk at all.

What you are doing is civilisized, i suppose? I explained everything, there arent any arguments left, only thing i could do is repeat. We give you all facts, you say you dont find it reasonable.

Its obvious President of Kazakistan sees all Trks as one nation, but you keep on saying the opposit, would someone who has no problems with Trks in Trkiye do this?

IM A TRK, AND THATS IS THE REASON I LIVE FOR, THATS THE REASON I CAN ENJOY THIS LIFE, BEING TRK IS MY BIGGEST TREASURE, LOVE, PROUD AND HONOUR, you dont have any doubts about that.

Im not attacking you, and also the reason im writing in this forum, is that people like you give wrong information about Trks, which has the following that many people who already are prejudged or not, think the facts are like you say. This doesnt only happen in this forum, and also not only in this subject about Trks, many prejudged people in high positions are following these kind of politics.
ATTİLA
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 18:49
offf

Guys please.. You are becoming comic..

omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 19:22

İm sure i know how a Kazak Trk will think, so dont say they will like Russians or something else, because it doesnt sound believing.  

This shows how few you really know about the Turkic world. Do you know that there are Russian Orthodox Yakuts and Chuvashs who would never prefer Turkish people to Russians, do you know that there are Christian Tatars, who also "like" Russians much more than Turkish Turks.

Or you consider all these people traitors and mankurts?

The term "mankurt" by the way is famous due the works of Kyrgyz author Chingiz Aitmatov who wrote in Russian and whose literary works are the part of mandatory reading in  Russian schools.

Are Chingiz Aitmatov's novels mandatory reading in Turkish schools?

Kazakhs do not "love" Russians, but they view them more or less positive. They are definetely much more familiar with the Russian culture and mentality than with the Turkish culture or mentality.

It's much easier for a Kazakh to find a common ground with a Russian than with a Turk, simply because 90% Kazakhs speak Russian with native fluency, while few can speak Turkish.

It's also a fact that Kazakhstan together with Belorussia are in a strategic alliance with Russia now. Kazakhstan is indeed perhaps even the most precious ally of modern Russia.

You can't consider Kazakhs "slaves of Russians," however. Kazkhs are very proud people and they fought against Russian imperialism whenever they could.

Uzbeks, for example helped to defeat Kazakh national hero Kenisary Kasymov, who fought Russians. Can Uzbeks be considered "slaves of Russians" after that?

The history is a very complex phenomenon. And you never can claim "I know it for sure" withour examining the real facts.

How do you know these Yakuts and Chuvashs would prefer Russian? Only thing i know is that every Trk who has the fundamentals of The Trk Character would see all Trks as one nation. I dont seperate Trks with their Religion or Tribe.

I didnt read books of Chingiz Aitmatov, therefore i cant comment on that, but im sure his books are available to buy in Trkiye, if not given in schools.

I want to know how long conversation did you have about this subject with the father and relatives of your wife? Are these their views or yours?

I already told you the reasons why they woud/could speak Russian(if they are speaking?), this doesnt mean they dont speak Trkish, either doesnt change their feelings or thoughts about this subject. Its not important with whom they find a common ground with, what important is, is their thoughts. Later in the future you dont have to be surprised, if you see that these Trks will build a bridge whom will make their communication levels higher.

Its a fact that The Trk Republics are now independent and dont have to do anything with Russia. Because of the short time whom passed from the establishment of these Republics out of the old Soviet Union, it is normal Russian will still be spoken. But saying few people speak Trkish, is far from truth.
ATTİLA
omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 19:24
Originally posted by Mortaza

offf

Guys please.. You are becoming comic..

Either write a comment about the subject or dont...
ATTİLA
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 19:32

What you are doing is civilisized, i suppose? I explained everything, there arent any arguments left, only thing i could do is repeat. We give you all facts, you say you dont find it reasonable.

Its obvious President of Kazakistan sees all Trks as one nation, but you keep on saying the opposit, would someone who has no problems with Trks in Trkiye do this?

IM A TRK, AND THATS IS THE REASON I LIVE FOR, THATS THE REASON I CAN ENJOY THIS LIFE, BEING TRK IS MY BIGGEST TREASURE, LOVE, PROUD AND HONOUR, you dont have any doubts about that.

Im not attacking you, and also the reason im writing in this forum, is that people like you give wrong information about Trks, which has the following that many people who already are prejudged or not, think the facts are like you say. This doesnt only happen in this forum, and also not only in this subject about Trks, many prejudged people in high positions are following these kind of politics.

Dear Omergun, I respect your patriotic feelings and I don't want to heart you in anyway.

Civilized I call the argument without refering to the things like that: "you have problems with Turks, you hate Turks, all these is crap... etc."

I am not scientist to invent any theories here by myself. I am just repeating what I read in many books and what is commonly available through the different ways of acquiring information.

If you think, that you can persuade me by saying: "You hate Turks... etc." You are wrong, since I don't hate, but on the contrary I like Turks.

As you noticed I always try to support my arguments. Now I give the quotes of Nazarbaev from Bulldog's article one more time.

"The idea of being Turkish is debated. For instance, when I asked [President of Kazakhstan] Nursultan Nazarbayev, sitting in his $18 million Boeing, "Who are you," the first thing he said was, "I am a Turk," which surprised me.

I said, "What do you mean by that?"

He said, "I don't mean anything to do with Turkey. Those people in Turkey are half-breeds. They are the descendants, mixed with the people who are already there. We conquered them. They intermarried, and they formed Turkey. We are the pure Turks."

Is it obvious from these words that Nazarbaev believes that all Turks are one nation?

For me is obvious that he is saying:
"Is that my (Nazarbaev's) vision of Turks doesn't mean anything to do with Turkey and "We Kazakhs are pure Turks", Turkish people are half-breeds, they are not Pure Turks.
This is what he said. Please explain me where he said by this, that "all Turks are one nation" .

I am ready to listen you carefully.

Now another citation from a Turkish intellectual from the beginning of the 20th century, Mehmet Halil :

"Turk" is not the name of a nation. It is the name of a race from which many nations have sprung: Anatolians, Azerbajanis, Northern [Turks], Turkestanis, etc. all of these are without doubt Turks; but they are not of one nation. In order for them to be one nation their cultures and fartherland must be one. But their fartherlands are different from one another, and even their cultures are [not the same]"

I tend to agree with the paragraph above. And the same thing most of the historical, linguistic and ethnographic books say.

I just put it here what I read before. And I dont want to offend anyhow Turkic people. This forum is the place of discussion. If you want to convince me please give me pervasive argument.

As you can see so far, the materials provided by Bulldog are at least inconclusive, concerning "one Turk nation".

So, please, explain me why I am wrong? U can see that your view about "one Turk nation" is debated utmost, and it's definetely not universally accepted.

As for me I am ready for a serious discussion and I will attentively listen to your arguments.

Sagol

Edited by Sarmat12 - 11-Aug-2007 at 19:56
Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 19:52

How do you know these Yakuts and Chuvashs would prefer Russian? Only thing i know is that every Trk who has the fundamentals of The Trk Character would see all Trks as one nation. I dont seperate Trks with their Religion or Tribe.

Because I saw many Yakuts and Chuvashs and I more or less know what they think in general. I can't reply for all of them though. But for the same reason, Slavic Muslim from Yugoslavia would prefare a Turk from Turkey to Russian, regardless of the Slavis roots, due to historical reasons Turkey is closer to him

I want to know how long conversation did you have about this subject with the father and relatives of your wife? Are these their views or yours?

I did had these conversations and I know that for Tuvinians Mongolians and Tibetian are the best friends due to very close culture mentality and religion. Not to say that Turkish and Tuvinian language are totally mutually
non inteligible. However, a lot of them know that Turks are their brother nation and a lot of greatful for Turkish educational efforts in Tuva, Turkish school etc. But they do not believe that they are one nation with Turks.

I already told you the reasons why they woud/could speak Russian(if they are speaking?), this doesnt mean they dont speak Trkish, either doesnt change their feelings or thoughts about this subject. Its not important with whom they find a common ground with, what important is, is their thoughts. Later in the future you dont have to be surprised, if you see that these Trks will build a bridge whom will make their communication levels higher.

Its a fact that The Trk Republics are now independent and dont have to do anything with Russia. Because of the short time whom passed from the establishment of these Republics out of the old Soviet Union, it is normal Russian will still be spoken. But saying few people speak Trkish, is far from truth.

Well these Turk republics still have and will have a lot of things to do with Russia, not to say that many of these Turks reside and work in Russia permanently. And thought of a lot of them are positive about Russia. Of course some of them view Russia negatively. But in this connection there are also some who view Turkey very negatively and don't like Turks.

I can repeat that very few people speak Turkish (I mean hear the language of the republic of Turkey, not their native languages)  compare Russian, this is the fact.

Edited by Sarmat12 - 11-Aug-2007 at 20:00
Σαυρομάτης
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 19:57
Either write a comment about the subject or dont...

azeri, kazak, uzbek and uygurs have their own names.. They dont call themself as Turk first.. So dont waste our time with imposing your nationalist absurd ideas.

We are not one nation, we are brother nations that is all..

I should add, I dont care what you write. Ask a kazak,kırgız,uygur and Turk..

Nationalist ideas are generaly have no relation with reality..(Like this.)

omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 20:59

Dear Omergun, I respect your patriotic feelings and I don't want to heart you in anyway.

Civilized I call the argument without refering to the things like that: "you have problems with Turks, you hate Turks, all these is crap... etc."

I am not scientist to invent any theories here by myself. I am just repeating what I read in many books and what is commonly available through the different ways of acquiring information.

If you think, that you can persuade me by saying: "You hate Turks... etc." You are wrong, since I don't hate, but on the contrary I like Turks.

As you noticed I always try to support my arguments. Now I give the quotes of Nazarbaev from Bulldog's article one more time.

"The idea of being Turkish is debated. For instance, when I asked [President of Kazakhstan] Nursultan Nazarbayev, sitting in his $18 million Boeing, "Who are you," the first thing he said was, "I am a Turk," which surprised me.

He said, "I don't mean anything to do with Turkey. Those people in Turkey are half-breeds. They are the descendants, mixed with the people who are already there. We conquered them. They intermarried, and they formed Turkey. We are the pure Turks."

Is it obvious from these words that Nazarbaev believes that all Turks are one nation?

For me is obvious that he is saying:
"Is that my (Nazarbaev's) vision of Turks doesn't mean anything to do with Turkey and "We Kazakhs are pure Turks", Turkish people are half-breeds, they are not Pure Turks.
This is what he said. Please explain me where he said by this, that "all Turks are one nation" .

I am ready to listen you carefully.

Now another citation from a Turkish intellectual from the beginning of the 20th century, Mehmet Halil :

"Turk" is not the name of a nation. It is the name of a race from which many nations have sprung: Anatolians, Azerbajanis, Northern [Turks], Turkestanis, etc. all of these are without doubt Turks; but they are not of one nation. In order for them to be one nation their cultures and fartherland must be one. But their fartherlands are different from one another, and even their cultures are [not the same]"

I tend to agree with the paragraph above. And the same thing most of the historical, linguistic and ethnographic books say.

I just put it here what I read before. And I dont want to offend anyhow Turkic people. This forum is the place of discussion. If you want to convince me please give me pervasive argument.

As you can see so far, the materials provided by Bulldog are at least inconclusive, concerning "one Turk nation".

So, please, explain me why I am wrong? U can see that your view about "one Turk nation" is debated utmost, and it's definetely not universally accepted.

As for me I am ready for a serious discussion and I will attentively listen to your arguments.

Sagol

1. http://www.cceia.org/resources/transcripts/5163.html
explanation to this part:

The idea of being Turkish is debated. For instance, when I asked [President of Kazakhstan] Nursultan Nazarbayev, sitting in his $18 million Boeing, "Who are you," the first thing he said was, "I am a Turk," which surprised me.

Firstly, why do you think he says, 'I am a Trk' and not I am a Kazak or I am Turkic? Because he sees all Trks as one nation.

What do you think he means with 'I don't mean anything to do with Turkey.'? He means that he didnt born in Trkiye, but isnt declining the fact.

'Those people in Turkey are half-breeds. They are the descendants, mixed with the people who are already there. We conquered them. They intermarried, and they formed Turkey. We are the pure Turks.'
With the half-breeds part i dont agree, because just like i explained earlier with a familly tree-example, the foreigners in the familly tree are a couple, this doesnt make The Trks in Trkiye half-breeds. But in general hes talking about the same thing. Hes actually indeed saying were one nation  and we have same forfathers, but that Trks in Trkiye intermarried, which doesnt count for me as a change of the purity of Trkness, what i already explained earlier.

Supporting the idea that he does see all Trks as one nation, here, another source wherein hes writing a congratulation letter to The Trk-Kazak University:

The Source is in Trkish, but i will translate the needed part in bold=>

The youth of The Trk Nations(meaning Kazakistan and Trkiye) who are of the same race, who are studying in this university, is a good example whom shows the real friendship, cultural and spiritual relations between Kazakistan and Trkiye.

http://www.yesevi.edu.tr/ayhaber/old_issues/020_mart2003/03.htm

Nursultan%20NazarbaevNazarbayev, mesajında şyle dedi:

Ahmet Yesevi Uluslararası Trk-Kazak niversitesi İlgililerine
Sayın ğretim yeleri ve ğrenciler!

Sizi, Hoca Ahmet Yesevi Uluslar arası Trk-Kazak niversitesinin kuruluşunun 10.yıldnm dolayısıyla en iten dileklerimle kutluyorum.

Soydaş (aynı soydan gelen) Trk milletleri genlerinin okuduğu bu niversite, Kazakistan ve Trkiye arasındaki gerek dostluğun, kltrel ve manev ilişkilerin en gzel rneğini aksettirmektedir.

niversite, kendisinin ğretim yeleri sayısı ve eğitim kalitesi ynnden lkemizdeki uluslararası standartlara uygun eğitim kurumlarından biri olarak tanınmaktadır.

Trkistan toprağında dnyaya gelip tarih bir, manev değerleri ortak milletlerin eski bağlarını bilimlik aıdan değerlendiren, onları ağımıza uygun şekilde canlandırmaya gayret sarfetmekte olan bu eğitim kurumunun aydınlık bir geleceğinin olduğunu dşnyorum.

niversite personeli ve ğrencilerine sağlık ve başarı dileklerimle, alışmalarınızda başarılar diliyorum.

Nursultan Nazarbayev
Kazakistan Cumhurbaşkanı

ATTİLA
alish View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote alish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 21:13
[QUOTE=omergun]

How do you know Kazaks dont want to consider Trkiye Trks as their brothers and who said anything about big brother? We are same, no one is bigger. İ think its obvious that the difficulties you people are facing with Trkiye Trks is that you know that Trkiye is a World Power, thats why you dont want all other Trks to think we are same, because it then would go in favour of Trkiye, which will have the following that your nation will get damage. These are your kind of peoples thoughts, nothing else, you are always busy wit trickery. İm sure i know how a Kazak Trk will think, so dont say they will like Russians or something else, because it doesnt sound believing. Of course there are people, also in Trkiye, who dont think right, thats so, because they dont have the fundamentels of The Trk Character. But the majority of the people and the important persons, like Generals and Presidents are always the ones with the fundamentals.

DEAR OMERGUN !!!

As I said before Turkey people don't think that they consider themselves as big brothers... So your argument was wrong. My "big brother" argument was as a response. I did not open this stupid phenomena. Maybe you got my point in a wrong way...

How do I know?
Answer: Here, I was discussing something, which is only about Central Asian nations... HOW DO YOU KNOW central asian issues if you are not central asian, bro...I mean, how the hell YOU KNOW what is what, who is who in central asia, dude...?  I know this forum about all turcik nations, but here, it was smth about central asia... NOW..... my opinion about turkic nations - there are slavic, germanic, turkic etc. many different nations... and each of them has common features.... One of the features turkic nations have is brotherhood, I think which is not bad... But, this shouln't turn into political charachter.... Maybe this is the problem of the forum...
Nomatter what is our origin, we all should be equal nations of the world... Today's common issue is to make our lives better, regardless of our origin... All nations, including turkic nations, should have one common feature - respect for law(maybe turkic nations lack this feature), which is the guarantee for progress and happiness. OK, :), am not going to be a "wise teacher", the point is we should have a positive attitude...

But, OMERGUN !!!
Sarmat does not hate, he is just trying to say that turkic nations are also the same as all other nations, meaning that one turkic nation should not give preference to the other turkic nation than to the let's say slavic nation...  Sarmat is true that all turkic nations are not the same nation... where did you take that turkics are the same... Turkic nations have many similarities but it does not mean THE SAME... Multinationality is a deep understanding, where I think you haven't reached yet, Omergun !
We have to cooperate not based on our origin, but based on our mutual benefits, where each part gains from this cooperation... But some parts some times approaches to this issue with wrong attitude, which ends with undesirable results...

omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 21:18

Well these Turk republics still have and will have a lot of things to do with Russia, not to say that many of these Turks reside and work in Russia permanently. And thought of a lot of them are positive about Russia. Of course some of them view Russia negatively. But in this connection there are also some who view Turkey very negatively and don't like Turks.

I can repeat that very few people speak Turkish (I mean hear the language of the republic of Turkey, not their native languages)  compare Russian, this is the fact.

Working, doing business etc., that wasnt what i was talking about, i was talking about the independency of The Republic. They dont have to do anything with Russia. And i can repeat that they many people speak more Trkish(Kazak Dialect of course), and even if they speak Russian sometimes that this doesnt change the thoughts or position of them.

Dont you see any part who doesnt correspond with the other part. I mean, how is it possible that all of these are without doubt Turks and they are not of one nation? I mean,The source admits it itself: In order for them to be one nation their cultures and fartherland must be one.
What do you think the answer of this is?

ATTİLA
omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 21:42
Originally posted by alish

[QUOTE=omergun]

DEAR OMERGUN !!!

As I said before Turkey people don't think that they consider themselves as big brothers... So your argument was wrong. My "big brother" argument was as a response. I did not open this stupid phenomena. Maybe you got my point in a wrong way...

How do I know?
Answer: Here, I was discussing something, which is only about Central Asian nations... HOW DO YOU KNOW central asian issues if you are not central asian, bro...I mean, how the hell YOU KNOW what is what, who is who in central asia, dude...?  I know this forum about all turcik nations, but here, it was smth about central asia... NOW..... my opinion about turkic nations - there are slavic, germanic, turkic etc. many different nations... and each of them has common features.... One of the features turkic nations have is brotherhood, I think which is not bad... But, this shouln't turn into political charachter.... Maybe this is the problem of the forum...
Nomatter what is our origin, we all should be equal nations of the world... Today's common issue is to make our lives better, regardless of our origin... All nations, including turkic nations, should have one common feature - respect for law(maybe turkic nations lack this feature), which is the guarantee for progress and happiness. OK, :), am not going to be a "wise teacher", the point is we should have a positive attitude...

But, OMERGUN !!!
Sarmat does not hate, he is just trying to say that turkic nations are also the same as all other nations, meaning that one turkic nation should not give preference to the other turkic nation than to the let's say slavic nation...  Sarmat is true that all turkic nations are not the same nation... where did you take that turkics are the same... Turkic nations have many similarities but it does not mean THE SAME... Multinationality is a deep understanding, where I think you haven't reached yet, Omergun !
We have to cooperate not based on our origin, but based on our mutual benefits, where each part gains from this cooperation... But some parts some times approaches to this issue with wrong attitude, which ends with undesirable results...

DEAR ALISH!!!

If you are trying to teach me a lesson about humanity, dont bother, because Trks know the meaning of humanity, and threating any people of anykind of nation the same.

I think you know very well, that this is a forum of Ethnic History of Central Asia. Which means we should discuss Ethnic! Origins! of people in Central Asia. So, if there are people in this forum, who are acting prejudged, and are resisting all the facts, to only achieve their, what in my words are hate feelings, should these people be considered as having a negative attitude, or the people who are furious and are only trying to show the truth about the subject? Do you understand what i mean?

Coming to the how do you know part, i am the one who should ask that question. An answer to your question would be something you are not famillier with, namely The Trk Character, Whom includes same culture, language, thoughts etc.

ATTİLA
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2007 at 00:11
All nations, including turkic nations, should have one common feature - respect for law(maybe turkic nations lack this feature), which is the guarantee for progress and happiness. OK, :), am not going to be a "wise teacher", the point is we should have a positive attitude...

You are not wise too. So dont become teacher.

Sarmat does not hate, he is just trying to say that turkic nations are also the same as all other nations, meaning that one turkic nation should not give preference to the other turkic nation than to the let's say slavic nation... 

That is totally absurd specially when slavic or every other nation groups do what are you saying.

Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2007 at 04:18
Sarmat, Ya ochen rad 4to ti pnimal 4to ya imel vidu i ya soqlasen s tvoim otvetom :)))))))))))))))))))))

The answer that Samat gave to my last post I believe is what we have been trying to say - that Kazakhs call themselves Turkic but not Turkey turks - of course it is like this, as we do.
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>