Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Polanie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
KurganRatnik View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote KurganRatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polanie
    Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 12:21
The ethnic Polanie or Poliane tribe discovered Kiev, and were known as 'Russy'. They moved west and settled in Poland and some stayed in Ukraina. Therefore Polish people are descended from the ancient Russians.
'endow your greatest fears'-Kpt. Danylo Kurkowicz
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 12:34
Originally posted by KurganRatnik

The ethnic Polanie or Poliane tribe discovered Kiev, and were known as 'Russy'. They moved west and settled in Poland and some stayed in Ukraina. Therefore Polish people are descended from the ancient Russians.

Sorry, I don't want to get involved in any Polish-Ukranian-russian arguments, but how could anybody have discovered Kiev. I mean, Kiev is a city to my knowledge, and it surely was "discovered" by the people who first build it.
I discovered Istanbul when I went there, but only for myself, the 2 Million people living there, had a pretty good idea it was there ,before I came.
What do you actually mean?
(5 minutes later: Or is it a joke?)

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
TJK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 12:40
I think KurganRatnik means Polanie was a tribe lived in region of Kiev which have found this city. The name is really the same as the tribe which have united the western slavic tribe into Poland however the most of recent scholars opinion is that it were two separate tribes. The derived probably from the worfd pole (polje) "the field" 
Janissary
Janissary

Quote KurganRatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 12:57
The Polanie is the same tribe half of them because of conflicts migrated west. Polanie was a Kievan Rus tribe.
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 13:01
So, modern ukranians have polish blood?

Edited by Infidel
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
Janissary
Janissary

Quote KurganRatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 13:18
You have it backwards Infidel. Modern Poljaks have Ukrainian blood. Yet the language is different because of influences of Germanic, Baltic, and Czech, Slovakian peoples and cultures.
Rava View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Rava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 13:24
I belive we all mean that Polanie established Kiev.  In fact the name: rus.polijane could meant "steppe people" as well. We know that this particular tribe was part of Lach tribes. ( iran.Lahistan or ahlia Lah - the Polish Nation; turk. Lechistan).
Janissary
Janissary

Quote KurganRatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 13:31

You are correct. Also this Polanie tribe is the sub-tribe of the Slowanie tribe. It combines all Slavic tribes. But then again the Slowanie (Slavs) come from Scythians/Sarmatians in other words the original Kurgan people of Southern Russia 3000BCE. They were reknowned for building the first burial mounds. many have been found in Ukraine and Poland both. Russia aswell. To be exact they come from somewhere along the sea of grass in the Russian steppes, perhaps scientists have proven it is Kazakhstan.

Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 13:33

Ok, but for example, does modern ukranian (language) have polish words and influence, or just russian?

I mean, all of them are from the slav family...

An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
Janissary
Janissary

Quote KurganRatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 13:37
Ukrainian is made up of 60% Polish and 40% Russian. It is due to the fact that Ukraine was apart of the Polish-Lithuanian Conference.
Rava View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Rava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 14:00

Originally posted by KurganRatnik

Ukrainian is made up of 60% Polish and 40% Russian. It is due to the fact that Ukraine was apart of the Polish-Lithuanian Conference.

I belive that you estimate percentage on XVII-XVIII Century. And what you mean Russian - present Russians or old Ru (Ruthenia).

Kazkhstan and in general Central Asia sounds good for the origin of the warrior elites among Polans (Polanie) tribe. The szyszaks (helmet) were discovered only in Poland and Ukraine. Don't you think they remain  Sogdian type helmets?. Accordingly to Litvinskij Ferghana was ruled by the Chionites and the possesion was called Polona.

Edited by Rava
Janissary
Janissary

Quote KurganRatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 14:07

Yes I do mean Rus' but as in Ukraina. Polanie came from the Ukrainian steppes which was a subtribe of Slowanie. Slowanie(Slavs) came from Russian steppes the Kurgan people. Yes sogdian type helmets of course. Litvinskij Ferghana is not true. This might help you understand,. Apparently we do not exactly know where the Slavs came from but Polish and Russians both are thought to come from Ukraine. The Slavs before that came from southern Russian steppes (Kazakhstan).

http://mockingbird.creighton.edu/english/worldlit/jpegs/migr ate.jpg

http://www.geography.uc.edu/~weisner/courses/216/webmap1/kur gan.gif

Edited by KurganRatnik
TJK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 14:25

The Polanie is the same tribe half of them because of conflicts migrated west. Polanie was a Kievan Rus tribe.

Your certainity here is really amused..however I think your argument are on the same level as some of my countrymens which are sure that part of tribe have migrated east and found the Kiev

Janissary
Janissary

Quote KurganRatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 14:35

One problem moy drug'. Poland was founded about 966AD. Kiev existed around 882AD, my mother is Polish-Ukrainian. This means that the Polanie came from Kiev in Ukraine region. In other words TJK, we are bothe Ukrainians.I lived in Poland for 3 years in Warszawa.

lol

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 14:45
no, Poland became a christian state in 966, btu it did exist before that.
TJK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 14:47

One problem moy drug'. Poland was founded about 966AD

966AD is the year of baptisation of Poland and not the foundation of the state..with this logic you should come to the conclusion Kievian Rus exist starting from 988

Kiev existed around 882AD

Polish city Kalisz (Calisia) exist starting from IV centaury AD

This means that the Polanie came from Kiev in Ukraine region

Well, in this case my example of much older polish city should direct you now   to the conclusion Ukrainians are of Polish orgin

In other words TJK, we are bothe Ukrainians.

In this case you are probably right (accidently)..I have found the Cossack with my surname (which is quite rare in Poland) as old as 1626..

Janissary
Janissary

Quote KurganRatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 14:49
950AD is Poland. The city Kiev existed since 882AD.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote KurganRatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 14:51
HAHAHAHA Cossacks aren`t Ukrainian, they are of Polish and Russian origin. Wait oden minut, The Slavs moved west to eastern Europe from Russian Steppes in 558AD.

Edited by KurganRatnik
TJK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 14:52

950AD is Poland

No, we know at least 3 rulers of Polanie before Mieszko...

Janissary
Janissary

Quote KurganRatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 14:54
HAHAHAHA Cossacks aren`t Ukrainian, they are of Polish and Russian origin. Wait oden minut, The Slavs moved west to eastern Europe from Russian Steppes in 558AD.  So technically we are from Southern Russian (Kazak) descent. Apparently Sarmatians and Scythians were in the eastern European lands. This means the Slavs are later to migrate from Southern Russia. There were already Scythian and Sarmatian tribes at that time in Poland that could have discovered that city. Polanie made Poland it a state in 950AD. Polanie were first in the area Wistula (Wielkopolska) around 900AD.

Edited by KurganRatnik
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>