Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSuggestion Box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestion Box
    Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 11:01
As a mode for bringing the rules to the obvious and unavoidable fore, it is a great idea, as people can no longer complain when reprimanded that they weren't aware of the do's and donts of posting..But, and it's only a small but, will the rolling screen and constant message not become tiresome to the frequent members and those who are well aware of the rules? You'd get used to it I suppose.

Updates on the total Quiz and AE Magazine could also be placed there when necessary..

If there were to be awards, like has been suggested before, the winners could also be posted. Just a thought.

Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 11:12
I think that some of the blacklisted topics should be un-blacklisted, but not many others think that so Its a moot point.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 11:18
The scroll will contain the 10 pieces for the time being. We do intend on adding new information as events unfold. The scroll could, in essence, be utilized for many announcements in the near future.

We are in no hurry to open old cans of worms. The Blacklisted topics will remain in effect. Only when those issues become today's news will they be open for discussion. Then one can find the opportunity to post under Current Events only.

Edited by Seko - 24-Aug-2007 at 11:22
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2007 at 08:43
I have a problem with the scrolling 10 pieces, in no. 3) there is a 'hat' in there that I think is a mis-spelled word.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2007 at 08:50
Oh! You mean the critics hat! You could get those things for free once you have enough posts that pass the mustard.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2007 at 08:57
Oh my badEmbarrassed I was only quickly skimming over all those and being a bit tired aswell my mind for some reason tried to read it as 'that'Embarrassed
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 05:44

Parnell,

Believe me no one is happy about them being blacklisted, least of all me. But as the past has seen those topics decended to a level that is not in the best interests of the forum.

Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 16:52
Also I don't know if this is the right section but could we add a 21st Century section to the website for essays and such? 
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2007 at 01:01
If you mean for 21st Century history, then well we already have a forum (s) viz current affairs and Modern History which covers it v well.

If you mean writing essays well we have a mag for that. Get in touch with Dawn of Paul.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2007 at 04:52
Forgetting me Sparten???

I believe you are correct though Kevin, we don't have a 21st century section on the Main Site. And I'm afraid that creating it would be a bit... smudgy. PM me and I can solve your problem I believe.
Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 11:05
Also I was wondering if it would be a good idea to start a recomended reading list for each section so people who frequent this forum can have more tools in terms of the education of history and other subjects.

I could contribute greatly to the Military History, Modern History, and Current Events section in terms of this if anybody wishes.  

Edited by Kevin - 25-Sep-2007 at 17:23
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 12:45
You mean recommended reading for each forum (thread would be asking just a tad too much!). Actually Kevin. We could do a pilot study. Pick one forum. Submit your selection of reading material to one of the mods of that forum. Have them open a thread with your references in it. Let's see if others add to that list. Has potential. Btw, remember we still have our History Portal with gobs of links - http://www.allempires.net/forum_topics.asp?FID=50

Edited by Seko - 25-Sep-2007 at 12:48
Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 17:22
[QUOTE=Seko]You mean recommended reading for each forum (thread would be asking just a tad too much!). Actually Kevin. We could do a pilot study. Pick one forum. Submit your selection of reading material to one of the mods of that forum. Have them open a thread with your references in it. Let's see if others add to that list. Has potential. Btw, remember we still have our History Portal with gobs of links - http://www.allempires.net/forum_topics.asp?FID=50[/QUOTE]

Yeah I mean each section, Your idea about this sounds good and I'll try it.  
kurt View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2007 at 14:17
Could you guys get andrew and Beylerbeyi to reconcile, then you could reopen my thread on Ottoman territory in Africa. It's the third thread i've created that you guys have closed, and until Beylerbeyi and andrew started arguing it was a good thread. I intended to make a few more inquiries and contributions in that thread.

I can't agree with you guys holding informative threads hostage when you could simply warn offensive members individually or ask them to reconcile with whoever their arguing with, which in most cases they are likely to do, including this one.

Edited by kurt - 07-Oct-2007 at 14:19
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2007 at 18:07
Originally posted by kurt

Could you guys get andrew and Beylerbeyi to reconcile, then you could reopen my thread on Ottoman territory in Africa. It's the third thread i've created that you guys have closed, and until Beylerbeyi and andrew started arguing it was a good thread. I intended to make a few more inquiries and contributions in that thread.

I can't agree with you guys holding informative threads hostage when you could simply warn offensive members individually or ask them to reconcile with whoever their arguing with, which in most cases they are likely to do, including this one.

I closed it yesterday while dealing with the problem that arose between Beylerbeyi and andrew.  Trust me, in dealing with the situation behind the scenes, I have championed re-opening the thread the whole time.  I find it very interesting and have contributed to it.  Once I clean up the offensive posts, it will then be re-opened.

EDIT:

I have re-opened "Ottoman territories in Africa."  Please notice my preface to the re-opening at the bottom of page 2:

Edited by Byzantine Emperor - 08-Oct-2007 at 21:35
Deano View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2007 at 17:34
Maybe you guys should have someone thats like a sertified history professor to clean stuff up and tell them what really happened a hastings or somthing because when somepeople put stuff down their just trying to sound smart when what they wrote is historicley incorect.
I AM FARTAKUS!
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2007 at 01:17
Hello.
I am new here- first post - and am sure this is old news so not a 'suggestion' as such. But is there a search engine, either for the forum or the Bibliography of recent publications?
Currently my main interest is the 15th C. and Italian Wars Swiss, and was wondering how I could find my way to publications or discussions on that topic, or other specific topics. Thanks
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2007 at 01:29
Well first of all Welcome DrQuahoq

secondly you can find the search button up the top under the scrolling messages, just click on that and type in what you want in the relevant box and where it says 'Find Posts' click on the drop down box and set it to any date for the most results.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2007 at 01:30
Hi DrQuahog. At the top of the page, you will see a "search" tab (with a piece of paper and magnifying glass next to it). Click on it, and from there you can search all of AE' archives for specific words in posts and topics, as well as how far back you want to go in time. You are also able to specify which subforums you would like to search in, such as "Early Modern and Imperial Age" or "Military History". I hope that helps - if you are still having trouble, let me know or PM me.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2007 at 02:40
Well, thank you for the rapid reply.
Sorry about that- in similar forums, and the all seem to have similar formats, there was a 'search' box in the corner with a place to type a query. I hadn't noticed the icon in the menu. Thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>