Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovision Song Contest!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eurovision Song Contest!
    Posted: 12-May-2007 at 18:06
Yeah, Serbia indeed won, such a boring song. worst ever,

Edited by axeman - 12-May-2007 at 18:07
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 18:16
no big surprise, if serbia didnt won ukraine would win with another "masterpiece".

this shows actually that people or voters dont give a f.ck about how the song actually is.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 18:17
Originally posted by Ovidius

and Yiannis, that was only the Semi's! You have the Final to watch now!!! Big%20smile

Indeed I had to watch the final as well Cry The sacrifices we do for women...

The only decent song was the German one and to some extend the Latvian.

Serbian was not good, still the singer had an excellent voice...
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 18:26
Originally posted by DayI

this shows actually that people or voters dont give a f.ck about how the song actually is.

Damn right, if similar song like Serbian was offered by UK in English language - even then they would get next to 0 points.

Personally I liked Hungarian song in jazz style.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 18:29
Yeah its nice political lesson how Europe is connected. Who is neutral, who is allied. Also population spreading.
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 18:42
I wanted to vote for Latvia, but my cell was in recharging in the hotel room. Why did Latvia sing in Italian? Singing in Latvia could have been more interesting for the audience;) I watched the contest with at least 100 people in the hobel conference room, everyone was suprised when Latvian got 10 points Ireland, except for me :D
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 19:02
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

I wanted to vote for Latvia, but my cell was in recharging in the hotel room. Why did Latvia sing in Italian? Singing in Latvia could have been more interesting for the audience;) I watched the contest with at least 100 people in the hobel conference room, everyone was suprised when Latvian got 10 points Ireland, except for me :D

Well IMO it is not a such bad idea to sing in Italian (one of group members was Italian), even better than to sing in crappy English accent, at least no one could understand us (since Italy is not participating though we could get some points from them LOL). Overall I think that this was the best song which we could offer compared with other local contestants.
And yeah Ireland, the only place in Europe where Latvians have sizable population besides Latvia itself.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 19:14
I would put Slovenia and Germany. I was affraid Bulgaria (as usuall for Bulgarian pop songs) would sound vulgar and it wouldn't. In fact I liked it. Smile
After amaizing performance of Greece, Turkey and Ukraine last few years, I am disappointed by these countries this year.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 19:37
Is there a list that tells us how each country voted?
New User View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote New User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 20:30
gutted  Ukraine didn't win...
Lotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Lotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 06:43
Well thank you Ireland and Malta for giving the UK its only points.Clap

My personal favorites were Bulgaria and Georgia.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 12:22
Indeed the UK gets humilated more and more in the last years of the Eurovision.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 16:05
Turkish performance was very poor,they didnt deserve fifth place.As a whole i think that this was one of the worst eurovisions of all times.

Thanks to all greeks for voting for Bulgaria.
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 17:16
Originally posted by mamikon

Armenia received 12 points from TurkeyLOL

Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 17:25

Armenia received 12 points from TurkeyLOL

So there is a secret Armenian population in Turkey.LOL
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 18:16

Armenia received 12 points from Turkey

I know, the number of "hidden Armenians" is greater in Turkey than you might think LOL

How much did Armenia give Turkey? (if any...)
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 18:18
Originally posted by Krum

Turkish performance was very poor,they didnt deserve fifth place.As a whole i think that this was one of the worst eurovisions of all times.

I actually thought it was better than the Bulgarian Vampire song...or the Armenian one for that matter, I think 4th place was justified.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 19:10

Armenia received 12 points from Turkey

I know, the number of "hidden Armenians" is greater in Turkey than you might think LOL

How much did Armenia give Turkey? (if any...)

No points from Grecee and Armenia to Turkey even tough Turkey gave top points for these countries..

So ''hidden nationalism'' in Greece and Armenia is greater than ''hidden nationalism'' in Turkey LOLWinkLOL

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 19:32
Russia and Greece were my favourites. Turkey was average at best. Those Ukranians should be exiled to another planet.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 20:22
Well France gave 12 to Turkey..2nd year in a row, and it is the least popular country in Turkey LOL

I dont know about Greece but in Armenia the nationalism is kind of open LOL

on a serious note, there is almost not nationalism in Armenia...ARF only got 13% of the votes in May 12th elections.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>