Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Poland and Ukraine host Euro 2012

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poland and Ukraine host Euro 2012
    Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 07:37
The two countries that I like very much are gonna host Euro2012!!!

Congrats my Polish and Ukrainian friends:)))

Poland and Ukraine host Euro 2012
Uefa%20president%20Michael%20Platini%20reveals%20the%20surprise%20hosts%20of%20Euro%202012
Uefa president Michael Platini reveals the surprise hosts of Euro 2012
Poland and Ukraine have been chosen to host the 2012 European Championships.

Italy were widely expected to win the Uefa vote in Cardiff, with another joint bid from Croatia and Hungary also in the running.

However, Italy's bid was overshadowed by last season's referee corruption scandal and their on-going problems with football-related crowd trouble.

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 07:27
I can't believe this really.

They are worried about Italy's Crowd trouble, What about Poland????

Poland is like the new home of hooliganism, they were threatening English fans for the World Cup. I can't imagine what Euro 2012 is going to be like fo them.

Although, England probably wont qualify. They aren't going to qualify for Euro 2008 heh.
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 10:25
Ovidius, football hooliganism exists anywhere in Europe, therefore you can not escape from it. I am really glad that Poland-Ukraine was given the bid. Italy has already hosted events like these, but this will be the first for these two. It will be more exciting for the peoples of these countries. Maybe the organization will not be professional as Italy as, maybe players and fans will have to travel long-distance cities during the tournament (like from Eastern Ukraine to Poland), but still it will be the first time Eastern Europe will host an event. So it will mark a new period in Eastern Europe in the sense that football will gain more ground there :)
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 13:02
I just don't think, that at the moment, Poland and certainly not Ukraine, can ensure the safety of foreign citizens during such a large tournament.

Their Stadiums wont be up to standard, the hooliganism in Poland is really the worst I've seen, eventhough it exists elsewhere and unless major things are done with police forces etc, I think that it will only be a disaster.

Hopefully, however, by 2012 they will be able to at least sort this out partially. But time will tell. I must say I prefer Austria and Switzerland as a venue hehehe.

But, obviously, it is nice to see it in Eastern Europe - I'd be happy to see Ukraine, for instance, lift its Visa restrictions. It could, over all, improve tourism for the region.
Jagiello View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Jagiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 13:21
I understand taht polish fans are quiet a hooligans but to hear this from an english?!!LOLPolish fans are the worst?!It's the english fans that have a worldwide fame as the worst hooligans.Maybe you have a bad  expirience with polish fans but overall it's the engish ones that are the worst.About the stadium-you're right they aren't the best,especially in Ukraine,but in the cities that have been appointed as host in Poland there are really good stadiums.And with all the money that will now come from the EU(37 billion euros) will have both great stadiums and ensured safety for all tourists.
Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 13:33
Thats no actually true. English Fans are not even close to being the worst, they are the most targetted fans in the world. Football in England is fairly peaceful these days.

Polish fans are not as notorious as English fans for two reasons. England is a more notorious country and news from England spread further than Polish news. Polish fans are not as big on the world stage because Polish football is not as big as English football.

English hooliganism in the past 10years has been almost erradicated. Polish hooliganism is still a weekly occurance. Anti-hooliganism efforts in England are substantial and work extremely well. Most hooligans have been banned from football outside of England etc. We also have the money to put into policing such things, poland does not.

http://www.polskieradio.pl/zagranica/gb/dokument.aspx?iid=48234
http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,397447,00.html
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/02/06/backhanders_and_bullets_as_pol.html
http://www.inter-disciplinary.net/piotrowski%20paper.pdf intersting article from 2002
http://uk.askmen.com/video/2005_jul/jul27_polish_football.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/4860986.stm

no threat, clearly.

Edited by Ovidius - 19-Apr-2007 at 13:45
New User View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote New User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 12:21
Originally posted by Jagiello

I understand taht polish fans are quiet a hooligans but to hear this from an english?!!LOLPolish fans are the worst?!It's the english fans that have a worldwide fame as the worst hooligans.Maybe you have a bad  expirience with polish fans but overall it's the engish ones that are the worst.About the stadium-you're right they aren't the best,especially in Ukraine,but in the cities that have been appointed as host in Poland there are really good stadiums.And with all the money that will now come from the EU(37 billion euros) will have both great stadiums and ensured safety for all tourists.

I would say that your info is about 15 years out of date! Many hooligan clubs have been wiped out in England and whilst not perfect it is mostly agreed that other European countries have inherited this nasty English custom....

Polish gangs seem to be rife (at least on English news) I apologise if this has been a case of biased media reporting but to many in England other European countries have a much more major racist/violent factor in their fans.
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2007 at 10:14
An other thing we have to mention (i don't want to offence anyone) is that euro 2012 can easily turn into a sex tour for many "soccer-lovers". Germany, last year , andicipated and organised whole hotels for the visitor's apetites and condoms were distributed wherever it was possible. As it is known the problem of illegal prostitution and the trade of white flesh are quite intense in many areas of the Former eastern bloc. I think that they must be a prevention about this subject.

Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2007 at 11:05
actually, as it went. The Sex trade during the World Cup was actually a Failure, not a success. 
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2007 at 22:52
They don't even have a decent stadium, yet they will host the games Thumbs%20Down

"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
 Post Reply Post Reply