Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMarch Newsletter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: March Newsletter
    Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 08:31
Originally posted by ok ge

Great job!
Why Emperor Barbarossa's article does not link properly to the page?

Sorry, t'is my fault. I edited the names earlier. Fixed now.
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 07:22
Great job!
Why Emperor Barbarossa's article does not link properly to the page?
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2007 at 16:18
Good and impressive work Dawn, once again.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2007 at 11:32

Community Newsletter March 2007

It seems to be becoming a pattern-late newsletter. I have a really good excuse this time.... I was very busy reorganizing the forum. Please anyone who has ideas for excesses as to why the newsletter is late please forward them to me as I'm running out.

Staff News

Kilroy joined the mod team this month with the opening of the Literary pursuits forum. Welcome Kilroy.

Community News

The reorganization of the forums is almost complete. There are many new forums such as Sports and Sports History and Science through the Ages. Take a look around and see what else is new. The forum also received a new background thanks to the work of Northman. Ive received many comments on the new look. Thanks for the help Northman.

The AllBattles Quiz was a resounding success and now Knights wears the badge of honour for winning the close race. Well done Knights. The extended play time was an interesting deviation and changed the dynamics of the game. Many thanks to the organisers Rider, Northman and all that participated in that one of a kind quiz. It also welcomed the opening of the AllBattles forum which will in future remain as the discussion place for skirmishes and battles. However, April should see the return of the regular Total Quiz under the new quizmasters Decebal and Northman. We will anxiously look forward to it.

The AE Book Club was also launched this month. As the vote was a tie for which book to read the Moderator, Kilroy decided to read two. There is still time to join in check the details out at Book Club: Aprils Books!

The Academy

Another new forum and group, that was started this month was The Academy. The founding idea behind it, is to increase the level of historical discussions on AE. To that aim Hugo and the fellows over there have threads going to help write better papers and due better research among others. Stop by and take a look, ask a question or offer your ideas but no fooling about - it's only serious business allowed.  

Post of the Month

The post of the month competition had a few entries this month and as one of them is mine I don't feel right appointing a winner so this time we have two, one funny and one serious. See them at:

Are Airplanes Safe? (Silly Post) - the duct tape post by Dawn

and Northman's post at

Thanks also go out to those that nominate posts for post of the month.

The AE Magazine

The AE magazine has reached new heights yet again with issue. It got a new look thanks to Paul and contains more articles than ever. Well done people. In light of the impressive work that the magazine staff have done, a couple of items have been added to further promote it. The magazine has received its on link in the Title banner. This link will take you directly to the most recent issue. Also the forum for magazine discussion was upgraded from a subforum to a forum. You can find all back issues there.

Again well done people.

Around the Forum

As always there are a number interesting discussions going on around the forum. Here are my picks

and of course

Contributions to the Community Newsletter are always welcome. If you have to report anything newsworthy, please send a PM to Dawn.

Edited by Dawn - 06-Apr-2007 at 11:37
 Post Reply Post Reply