Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ahnold’s Austrian citizenship to be ended?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ahnold’s Austrian citizenship to be ended?
    Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 06:52
Originally posted by Christscrusader

I think Arnolds decision is fine. Hes the governator, and he can use capital punishment as he likes.

Not according to Austrian law.
Cornellia View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cornellia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 09:10

Taking the emotional issue of capital punishment out of the equation -

What happens the next time someone decides that an Austrian citizen's opinion isn't worthy of them remaining a citizen?

The idea of pulling someone's citizenship because they don't agree with you is rather scary.

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 09:33

Originally posted by Cornellia

The idea of pulling someone's citizenship because they don't agree with you is rather scary.

The legal justification in this case (which will not go forward in any case) is that he was involved in actions that disgrace his country and the people of Austria. Meaning that he didn't prevent the death of another human being although he could.

I can accept that.

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 10:01
Originally posted by Yiannis

You know the joke?

Which are the most cunning people of the world? Austrians, because they manage to have the world think that Hitlerwas a German and Beetowen an Austrian

Well, we executed another austrian ruler ( Maximilian )
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 10:43
Hmmm...
Executing Schwarzenegger because he used capital punishment will be a bit odd I think.
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 11:38
Originally posted by Genghis

And the type of people who hang about where those types of things transpire are mostly low lifes we can do without.

And most American judges have a pretty good idea what this low life looks like, in fact there easy to spot:

"Numerous studies have documented the influence of race on sentencing decisions.Those who believe the states administer the death penalty in a racially biased manner emphasize the disproportionate numbers of African Americans on death row. Critics of the application of the death penalty also note that the race of the victim provides a statistically clear determinant of whether or not a defendant receives a sentence of death or imprisonment
Thus, although about half of all murder victims in the United States are nonwhite, 80 percent of all death sentences are imposed for murders of whites.
In the 1987 decision of McCleskey v. Kemp, the Supreme Court affirmed the death sentence of an African American man convicted in Georgia of killing a white police officer during the course of a robbery. The defendant had submitted data to the Supreme Court indicating that defendants in Georgia charged with killing white victims were more than four times as likely to receive a death sentence than those convicted of killing a nonwhite victim. In a 5-to-4 vote, the Court concluded that while the study indicated a discrepancy that appears to correlate with race, the defendant had not clearly demonstrated that the jury in his particular case acted with discriminatory purpose. While not rejecting the validity of the statistical analysis, the Court refused to overturn ......"
(Quotation from that well known commie rag, the MSN encarta)
Do I see a certain trend here? Or is it purely coincidental?
Sort out your own country , before you try to ram your peculiar version of freedom and justice down other peoples throat!

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Cornellia View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Cornellia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 12:13

Actually a study by the Cornell University of Law disputes that claim, Komnenos.  The following is a direct quote from their study.

Race and sentencing is another subject that the study shed light on. Conventional wisdom holds that African Americans constitute a disproportionately large share of those on death row, noted the authors. The study did reveal that the higher the proportion of murders by African Americans, the higher the proportion of African Americans on death row. However, it also showed that African-American murder defendants represent 50 percent of all murder defendants in the United States, but comprise only 40 percent of those on death row, and the gap is even greater where least expected -- in the South.

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 14:28
Many Blacks in the united states are the ones commiting the crimes and are the ones mostly in jail. That does not make all blacks bad people, but wouldn't some sort of bias appear, even if not intended to?
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 14:28

Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

I think Arnolds decision is fine. Hes the governator, and he can use capital punishment as he likes.

This man wants to run for president. I say who cares about his Austrian citizenship.

-Jc
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 14:45

Originally posted by Komnenos

First of all, it's only 1 in 8 are "innocent".  And even those innocent 12.5% are probably no great loss.  We aren't accidentally killing rocket scientists and brain surgeons.

What are you implying here? It's no great loss, because of what ? Cause these innocently executed couldn't afford a higher education or have a lower IQ or have a lower paid job, and its okay to execute them as sacrifice for the greater good of the society, so that your rocket scientists and brain surgeons can live in peace and prosperity.

Yes, I thought I made myself clear. 

These people probably don't offer much to society in economic or intellectual terms, so I would not lose any sleep for sacrificing them to further the good of the collective.

Edited by Genghis
Member of IAEA
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 14:45

Actually a study by the Cornell University of Law disputes that claim, Komnenos.  The following is a direct quote from their study.

Race and sentencing is another subject that the study shed light on. Conventional wisdom holds that African Americans constitute a disproportionately large share of those on death row, noted the authors. The study did reveal that the higher the proportion of murders by African Americans, the higher the proportion of African Americans on death row. However, it also showed that African-American murder defendants represent 50 percent of all murder defendants in the United States, but comprise only 40 percent of those on death row, and the gap is even greater where least expected -- in the South.

Cornellia: 1

Member of IAEA
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 14:48

Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

[QUOTE=Christscrusader]I think Arnolds decision is fine. Hes the governator, and he can use capital punishment as he likes.

This man wants to run for president. Why should he care of his Austrian citizenship?

-Jc
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 14:50
Originally posted by Yiannis

And the type of people who hang about where those types of things transpire are mostly low lifes we can do without.

I think you're sick, I mean seriously mentally sick! You should seek help before it's too late in your life.

I mean it, do something for your own good...

Haha, I had the greatest laugh over this.  All my friends found it hilarious as well.

Thanks for the advice, but I prefer not being a naive, sentimental do-gooder like yourself.

Edited by Genghis
Member of IAEA
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 15:21
Most people are rather sentimental do-gooders than murderers of innocent people.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 15:31
Are the type of people who associate themselves with murderers and make a habit of cavorting around places where people get killed really innocent?  And further more, not only that, are they the type of people who do that, yet still get found guilty by a jury of 12 sensible people?
Member of IAEA
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 17:21

Yes, I thought I made myself clear.
These people probably don't offer much to society in economic or intellectual terms, soI would not lose any sleepfor sacrificingthemto furtherthe good of the collective.

I thought I understood what I was reading, I just couldn't believe that you were actually saying it.
It is, according to you, perfectly okay to kill "low-life", even if they were innocent in that particular case, cause they are up to no good anyway and might commit serious crime and end up on death row sooner or later anyway. A preventive measure, so to speak.
Good idea, in fact my own country practised that for a while between 1933 and 1945 and it worked a treat. Anti-social elements were put into Concentration camps and killed without trial, and mentally disabled were sterilised or given lethal injections. The crime rates dropped dramatically and our rocket scientists could work in peace and quiet.
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 17:32
Sorry, see below.

Edited by Komnenos
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 17:42

Actually a study by the Cornell University of Law disputes that claim, Komnenos. The following is a direct quote from their study.

We could bombard each other with statistics and research studies till Kingdom come,and still not come to an agreement, but doesn't it worry you, that these accusations of racial prejudice in American courts not only appear over and over again, but can ultimately be not fully disproven. Especially a country that's preaching freedom and democracy to the rest of the world, should make sure that its own internal applications of such high moral values are beyond doubt or reproach.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 17:54

Originally posted by Komnenos

sure that its own internal applications of such high moral values are beyond doubt or reproach.

That's impossible.

Member of IAEA
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 18:00

That's impossible

I know, but at least they could make a start.
And in the meantime shut up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>