Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ahnold’s Austrian citizenship to be ended?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ahnold’s Austrian citizenship to be ended?
    Posted: 22-Jan-2005 at 13:28

Schwarzenegger 'damages Austria'
A protester in the Austrian city of Graz demonstrating at Schwarzenegger's death penalty decision
The execution sparked protests from California to Austria
Arnold Schwarzenegger's Austrian citizenship should be ended over the execution of a convicted killer in the US, a politician in Austria has said.

Peter Pilz, of the Green Party, said the Californian governor broke Austrian law by allowing Donald Beardslee's death by lethal injection on Wednesday.

He said Mr Schwarzenegger, who has dual nationality, had "heavily damaged the reputation of the republic."

He has submitted a formal written request to the Austrian government.

"Schwarzenegger is possibly the most prominent Austrian abroad, and he shapes the picture of Austria," Mr Pilz said.

"I don't want that picture shaped by someone who commits state murder. That does not correspond to the political culture of this country."

Capital punishment 'unacceptable'

Mr Pilz said Austrian law states that citizenship can be revoked if an Austrian "in the service of another country substantially damages the interests or reputation of the republic by his or her behaviour."

Mr Pilz said: "Capital punishment is unacceptable in Austria and in Europe, and no Austrian citizen may take part in it or arrange it."

The Austrian interior ministry has not commented on Mr Pilz's request, which appears unlikely to hold much sway with Austria's conservative government.

Beardslee, 61, convicted of two killings in 1981, was given a lethal injection at San Quentin State Prison.

The execution came hours after Mr Schwarzenegger rejected a clemency petition. In Vienna, it triggered a small but spirited protest outside the US embassy.

In Graz, near Mr Schwarzenegger's birthplace of Thal, the Greens have been campaigning to rename Schwarzenegger Stadium, a sports venue, over his support for capital punishment.

Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2005 at 14:25
Oh my, a double murderer has been killed.  That really breaks my friggin' heart.  I honestly don't understand why people mourn the death of such human filth, how are we any poorer for their loss?  Good for Arnold.
Member of IAEA
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote dark_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2005 at 21:13
 I support the death sentence, especially for convicted murderers.
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 01:22
hrm....
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 05:50

Originally posted by Genghis

Oh my, a double murderer has been killed.  That really breaks my friggin' heart.  I honestly don't understand why people mourn the death of such human filth, how are we any poorer for their loss?  Good for Arnold.

Right on.

Those lefties just don't appreciate that as many as 25% of those executed in Texas are probably guilty.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 06:43

Yeah, well said! Bloody Austrian Commies!

But I don't understand why they don't execute people like the good ol'days. String them up! (If they put seats in frond and sell tickets, the state can even make some good money to improve the lives of poor law-binding citizens)

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 06:49
Felix Austria!
Lucky Austria!
Look what happened to the two best known 'politicans', born in Austria in the last two hundred years:
Adolf Hitler, born in Linz/Austria, was passed on to the Germans.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, born Graz/Austria, now Governor of California and gods knows whatever next.
There should be sanctions on Austrian Exports of would be "world rulers".

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 08:04
Although it may make it easier for Schwarzenegger to run for president in 2006, I think it's a good thing if his Austrian citizenship is ended because of this. Austria should not associate itself with death penalty.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 08:43

You know the joke?

Which are the most cunning people of the world? Austrians, because they manage to have the world think that Hitler was a German and Beetowen an Austrian

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 09:20

I support the death sentence, especially for convicted murderers.

But I don't understand why they don't execute people like the good ol'days. String them up! (If they put seats in frond and sell tickets, the state can even make some good money to improve the lives of poor law-binding citizens)

It's easy to kill, but it's not easy to resurrect.  If someone is innocently sentenced to death, there's no way back.  That's why teh law sucks.  IF you are not sure of it, and if the evidences mislead to an innocent victim, innocent would be killed.

BTW, I'm not all against death penalty- just that It should be the last of the last resort. 

Grrr..
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote dark_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 12:15
Although it may make it easier for Schwarzenegger to run for president in 2006,

I doubt that, in fact Im betting Arnold won't win the presidential election of 2006 because it will not exist.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 17:24
Originally posted by Paul

Right on.

Those lefties just don't appreciate that as many as 25% of those executed in Texas are probably guilty.

First of all, it's only 1 in 8 are "innocent".  And even those innocent 12.5% are probably no great loss.  We aren't accidentally killing rocket scientists and brain surgeons.

Member of IAEA
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 18:28

First of all, it's only 1 in 8 are "innocent".  And even those innocent 12.5% are probably no great loss.  We aren't accidentally killing rocket scientists and brain surgeons.

So you're seriously saying it's not bad if innocent people are accidently sentenced to death?
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 19:28
Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

So you're seriously saying it's not bad if innocent people are accidently sentenced to death?

Not those type of people.  There was enough evidence to convince a jury that they had committed a capital offense.  Even if they didn't do it, there hands certainly aren't clean of that affair.

And the type of people who hang about where those types of things transpire are mostly low lifes we can do without.

Member of IAEA
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 19:51
What if Hillary Clinton takes over the US in a coup d'etat and makes speaking against her policies a capital offense and executes you?
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 20:20
She'd have to defeat me and my guerrilla army before that happens.
Member of IAEA
El_Bandito View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote El_Bandito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 21:47
Well, I am very much against capital punishment in the sense that one shouldn't kill, even indirectly.  Makes one murderer as well.

hmmm maybe I am high today...

Edited by El_Bandito
I'm awake, I'm awake.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 00:40

And the type of people who hang about where those types of things transpire are mostly low lifes we can do without.

I think you're sick, I mean seriously mentally sick! You should seek help before it's too late in your life.

I mean it, do something for your own good...

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 00:49

First of all, it's only 1 in 8 are "innocent". And even those innocent 12.5% are probably no great loss. We aren't accidentally killing rocket scientists and brain surgeons.

What are you implying here? It's no great loss, because of what ? Cause these innocently executed couldn't afford a higher education or have a lower IQ or have a lower paid job, and its okay to execute them as sacrifice for the greater good of the society, so that your rocket scientists and brain surgeons can live in peace and prosperity.

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 01:17
I think Arnolds decision is fine. Hes the governator, and he can use capital punishment as he likes.
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>