Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMongol threat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kids View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mongol threat
    Posted: 21-Jan-2005 at 00:02
Can anyone who is expert in the field of Muslim military history tells me why Arbs failed to stop the Mongolian threats?Correcting me if I am wrong, it seems to me that both Arab and Mamuluk possessed very similar military practice and troops. And, did Mongols responsible for the stagnation of Islamic arts and science, because some of my Arab friends blamed Mongols' invasion in 13th century for the decline of Islamic classical civilization.

Edited by Kids
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 00:07

the Abbasid Caliphat at that time was dying and didnt controle more than what is Iraq today and the Government was corupted and they didnt care about the people and the army and the rest of the Islamic areas are fragments of Arab and Turk stats fighting each other for power

so it was a great chance for the mongols to destroy them. also when the mongols lost against the Memluks they were not at their hight of power and Hulago didnt fight with them

ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 15:13
Classical Islamic Civilisation continued to flourish centuries after the Mongol invasions. Just look at the Timurids, Ottomans, Safavids and Moghuls.
[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 15:30

Originally posted by Kids

did Mongols responsible for the stagnation of Islamic arts and science, because some of my Arab friends blamed Mongols' invasion in 13th century for the decline of Islamic classical civilization.

some historians say that the Library of Bagdad was the largest and it contained the most improtant books about science and the Mongols threw all that in the river and they killed almost all the people in Bagdad. it is a Fact that the river stayed colored from the ink for two weeks.

we use this as a jok when someone asks why now arabs are weak and not advanced like the Westerners  we answer thats becouse the Mongols destroyed all the Knowledge we had in the books of Bagdad's library and threw them in the river.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2005 at 12:45
Before the Battle of Ain Jalut the Mongols were practically invincible. Arab culture already were fractured into competing dynasties. Weak Caliphs and adhearance to man-made sharia laws were another downfall for Arabs. The zeal of religion and learning was usurped by tyranny and passivity. When the Mongols entered Bagdad it was in retatialtion for humiliating and provoking lanquage of the local Arab leader. These are not viable grounds for blaming the Mongols for current day Arab affairs.

Edited by Seko
Turk View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2005 at 18:06
Originally posted by azimuth

[QUOTE=Kids]

we use this as a jok when someone asks why now arabs are weak and not advanced like the Westerners  we answer thats becouse the Mongols destroyed all the Knowledge we had in the books of Bagdad's library and threw them in the river.

You guys really need to get over it and start moving forward.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2005 at 06:08

it is just a Joke

we know that arabs became weak many years before the mongols and they have to blam nobody but themselvs

the knowledge lost in baghdad library was very important and considered a great lost it had 100s of years of work and knowledge and transilations

the only transilations and work that survived were the once in Alexanderia and Alandalus ( Spain ) so there were alot of great work lost and people had to start all over again.

plus that was the last Arabic Empire and the rest till the 19 century  were under non Arab powers.

actully the last Arabic Empire was the Ummayad, the Abbasid were more mixed in the governments

Bosnjo View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2005 at 08:03

I believe it was not accident, as Atila the Hun King appeared and the gain of power by  fundamentalist Catholics, until then the people had dealt easy with religion, but after the catastrophe and all the destruction wich was caused through Atila, the church told them that they had been punished by God for their decadence. That was the beging of the medivial age. The psychological demage was huger.

The same story in the muslim world, there was a kind renaissance, intellectuals read greek and roman documents. Intelectuals and Reformers got more influence towards the Fundamentalists. But then the Mongols Attacked and destroyed much more then Atilla did, then the crusaders attacked... That was the reason why reformers last the dispute against the Fundamentalists.

Do you know that Marco Polo wrote in his book that he had travelled as an Agent of the Pope to convince the Mongols to attack the Muslims.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2005 at 10:55
Originally posted by Bosnjo

Do you know that Marco Polo wrote in his book that he had travelled as an Agent of the Pope to convince the Mongols to attack the Muslims.

Did he? 

all i knew is that the mongols were thinking to attack Baghdad for longtime and Baghdad was the largest City in the world outside China.

Bosnjo View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2005 at 13:26

He wrote a book about his Voyages, where he claimed that he was sent by the Vatican, unfortunatelly I was not able found this article.

But I have some Facts from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Polo

The Polo family had explorers other than Marco. His father Niccol (also Nicol in Venetian) and his uncle Maffeo (also Maffio) were prosperous merchants in the East trade. The two merchants set out to Asia in 1255, reached China in 1266, arriving at Khanbaliq near Peking. They returned from China as Kublai Khan's envoys with a letter for the Pope asking to be sent educated people to teach in his empire, to inform the Mongols about their way of life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genghis_Khan

At this point (1219) Genghis decided to extend Mongol dominions into the Muslim world. The Mongol horde methodically marched through Khwarizm's main cities (Bukhara, Samarkand, and Balkh), and the shah, Muhammad, prepared to battle them... 

Considering that the crusades took place in the same Time could this be true.

Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2005 at 19:06

(...)...and his uncle Maffeo (also Maffio)...(...)

Perhaps there was a Corleone thing about him...

An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 16:09

LOL

Seriously, the Polo family had a letter written to the "Great Khan" (Khubilai) by the Pope.

Steppes History Forum
Bosnjo View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 18:39

You  can laugh about the Deth  of hundert of thousands (probably Millions) people, even the Crusaders did not kill so many. And the Destruction of the Islam Persian Empire by Barbarian Scum.

Either you made a Joke or you are like 70% of your people, Racist *****rds.

Sik dala

Edited by Bosnjo
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 22:22

i agree  Not funny

not funny at all

but i dont think that that "letter" was the main reason for what happened, i think the mongols would attack either way they just attack everything they can reach and the muslims kingdoms were weak and underestimated the mongol power

i think that period was the lowest period of for the muslims, specialy Arabs that because after the mongols there was no such kingdome ruled by Arabs for the next hunderds of years.

it was the begining of Turks and Memluks. well and the early Moguls of india since they are originally Turks of persia.

or am i wrong?

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 07:19

You  can laugh about the Deth  of hundert of thousands (probably Millions) people, even the Crusaders did not kill so many. And the Destruction of the Islam Persian Empire by Barbarian Scum.

Sik dala

I'd go with that option =)
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 08:56
Watch your words Bosnjo or you would find yourself banned if you continue posting insults and swears.

Steppes History Forum
Bosnjo View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 19:51

Arkadas, Arkadas

I get to know that the sites founder is a Iranian, also forget it .

I am heavely armed, entirely sick and extremly nationalistic.
El_Bandito View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 04:06
Mongols--1 Arabs--0 

Plus the Caliph was a thick ass, and the people of Baghdad refused to leave their homes for plunder as ordered by Hulagu.  That was why Mongols had to kill them.  Mongols were forced, you see, by those strange people who valued their riches more than their lives.

Arabuud=Shunaliin Tulamuud

Edited by El_Bandito
I'm awake, I'm awake.
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 11:48

Sik dala

Chill out people! You take things often too personally!
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 23:35

Originally posted by El_Bandito

Arabuud=Shunaliin Tulamuud

what?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>