Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a new forum of business history

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Serge L View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Serge L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a new forum of business history
    Posted: 18-Mar-2007 at 08:31
Well, I would support business (better, Economy) forum as well other you mention (science and technology, mostly).
My impression is too many people, here and elsewhere, thinks history is something mostly made out of battles and dates. My opinion is those aspects are not the only ones, and not even preeminent in a serious study of history; science (both social and technological), economy, ethology, linguistic, myths and pop cultures, an few other are

However I can see your point, if you add an economy forum, a science one, etc. etc., they would risk to be so many with so few posts each.

So, a proposal what about grouping all them on a forum about "history from less common perspectives" topics related to  wars, military power and empires are banned, and those other (more) interesting POV are presented?

Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 16:06
Business history is a very interesting topic and business has been for the last two milenia a strong force inducing change the world over. That being said if we start having a business history forum, we'll soon have to start a demograpic history, agrarian history, urban history, sport history, gender history (oups we have a gender history forum), migration history, production method history, science history, techniques history etc...

But feel free to post anything where it belongs. See your post about American majors fits well where it is.
I am a free donkey!
tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 15:15
I hope we will have a new forum of  business history
leung
 Post Reply Post Reply